SunGard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Specialist- Testing Interview

Specialist- Testing
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in June 2010.

Interview Details Initial call to offer letter completed in 2 weeks.
3 rounds - Technical, Manager and HR

Interview Question – Questions are asked related to Testing and specifically questions are related to skill sets mentioned in Resume.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Treasury Senior Financial Applications Analyst/Implementation Consultant Interview

Calabasas, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at SunGard in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied online during the summer for two different positions (listed above).

Was first contacted a month or so later by a recruiter for the Implementation Consultant role. Was asked via email for about salary requirements. Replied to recruiter and didn't hear back. Followed up with recruiter via email and was told the HM was not responding to the recruiter.

A couple months passed and was contacted for the Sr Financial Application Analyst role in Calabasas. Spoke to a different recruiter for 5 minutes or so. He basically asked about employment history and why I was not currently working. Then was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Learned that the role was very different from the description. Basically back office investment accounting and system maintenance for investment management firms whereas the description leaned more towards strict IT and development work. Anyway, the VP of the group was the hiring manager that I spoke to and learned that it was a flat organization. Before ended the call the HM stated that she'd like to bring me in to met a couple members of the team face to face.

There didn't seem to be any communication between HM and recruiter. Recruiter called to follow up and see if I were interested. Told him yes and that the HM said she would call him to schedule the next round.

A couple weeks pass so I follow up with the recruiter to see what is going on. No feedback or communication with this company since that instant.

Interview Question – What is your salary requirement (asked before even knowing exactly what the role(s) entail?
What is your salary history?
Why have you left previous employers?
Why are you interested in working here?
What do you know about investment accounting?
What do you know about general accounting?
What do you know about the company?
  Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

Interview Details applied on company web site, then hr called, then team lead call then team lead and business manger call then had to do a presentation. Job offer, background check hired

Interview Question – getting the 10 minute presentation ready..why should I hire you questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room to negotiation

Oracle Functional Interview

Wayne, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in October 2013.

Interview Details First call was with the HR for quick review on the experience and policies. 2nd round is face to face at PA office. Office is very good and awesome ambiance. I had lengthy interview with the Sr Functional Analyst. He questioned very detailed on resume and other func aspects. Overall, it is very much professional. I am waiting for the final round.

Interview Question – Nothing is difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very well and fair !

Senior Engineer - Product Development Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details 4 rounds,
1 round from Pune team,
2 round from Onsite
3 face to face, Manager
4 round face to face, Sr manager same day as above (More of personality and attitude check)

Interview Question – questions were very basic and depends on project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Salary below standards,

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
North Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in March 2012.

Interview Details 1. Call from HR asking you about current job, basic .net questions and salary aspirations.
2. If you are able to answer basic HR questions, a second phone interview will follow with software developer manager with .net questions, scrum questions and how to resolve hypothetical problems.
3. If you passed the phone interview then a personal interview will follow that cover more specific .net questions, scrum methodology questions, debugging techniques, write sample code algorithms to solve sample problems they have, finally you have to identify bugs in c# code and SQL queries.

Interview Question – Find logic errors in SQL store procedures   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was fast, but I couldn't get more than they offered me. Also, the back ground check takes about 20 days.

Intern Interview

Interviewed at SunGard

Interview Details Had 1 phone interview

Interview Question – Asked about experience   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Applications Support Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details Interviewer asked me mainly about my previous job experience and projects that i have undetaken in the past. Also asked about some financial knowledge mainly about derivatives.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

SQL Server Developer Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

Interview Details They first called me in the last week of September '12 for first face to face round.
within a week they called me again for second f2f techno functional round, and the manager was looking very impressed with my profile.
Immediately after this discussion the Recruitment HR head had a discussion on notice period and compensation.
Very next day he asked for my sal slips and latest appraisal letter and told me that they are in process of rolling out me an offer.

I waited till mid of October '12 and then called him, and his answer was we are in process. And till the date I did not get any offer, even HR stopped picking my calls after sometime.

So, my question here is why the hell you call upon candidates just like that if you are not sure about your requirements or budget. If a candidate doesn't join a company after accepting offer, these companies used to blacklist them, so what kind of behaviour would this be considered ?

Interview Question – Interview questions were good and upto industry standards.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interviewed at SunGard

Interview Details Detail oriented interview.

Interview Question – Can't rememebr the most difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were willing to negotiate vacation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunGard