SunGard Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
60 interviews

2.9

Operations Technician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at SunGard.

Did interview with this company and I can sum it up with one word, "bizarre".
    Arrive to the building with no reception, just buzz to let you in.

Meet the hiring manager, told me to wait in meeting room for 15mins.
    In the middle of interview he keeps getting calls and talk on the phone and when I ask questions he gets really annoyed.
    Really awkward experience

Anyway, decided within the first 5 min that I will definitely not working with this kind of people.

Software Engineer Interview

Went through a round of telephonic interview.
    Onsite interview involved a test on OOD concepts,SQL questions and Multithreading and other conceptual questions.

Interview Questions
    • The SQL Questions were unexpected.Even though it was a Software Engineer position, I was asked detailed SQL questions on concepts that a Software Engineer do not use on day to day basis.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed for a business analyst role in Cambridge. The people I met seemed friendly and chatty at first, but the offices were pretty awful for a company turning over several £billion. There was no reception, just buzz to be let in. Then you seemed to walk straight into a kitchen. Very bizzare.

Anyway, the interview lasted around 3 hours, involving several problem solving questions and a presentation. The people who interviewed me seemed to get annoyed rather quickly when I asked further questions. And seemed eager to leave. Decided within the first 10 min that I would turn down any offer as I wouldn't like to work with the people there. Other regional offices may have been better.

Interview process:

1. Problem solving. A probability problem invovling the roling of a die. Roll a 1,2, or 3 you get nothing, roll a 4 or 5 you get £1, roll a 6 you get £2 and another roll. They required you to calculate the expected value of the game.

2. Problem solving. You had 50 min. to solve a problem using their software. You are given a software package that was several years out of date and ask to solve a client problem. Apparenlty there was no "right" answer. They seemed more interesed in the "report" you wrote at the end than your solution to the problem.

3. A presentation. You must give a 10-15 min presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Find a solution to a software problem, write an email response to a client.   Answer Question

Technical Support/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in June 2012.

Common phone interview and on-site interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a technical support?   View Answer

Accept a better offer from a consulting firm

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in August 2010.

There were 4 stages of interview, mostly from the Domain side since I was hired for the same. Was asked quite detailed questions.

A good salary.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in October 2011.

An initial Phone Interview led to a half day on site interview with a series of 5 interviews that involved potential peers, and supervisor

Interview Questions
    • Where do you want to be in five years?   View Answer

Location

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

Apart of technical questions be prepared for aptitude questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Train A
      70 km/h
      9.30 AM

Train B
      50 km/h
      10.00 AM

Total Distance between Pole A and Pole B is 1000 kms
      When both trains will clash with eachother ?
        Answer Question
    • Write a program to find prime numbers between 1 to 100000.

primes = []
      for x in range(1,100000):
          for y in range (2, x-1):
              if x % y == 0:
                  break
          else:
              primes.append(x)
      print "Prime Numbers: ", primes

NOW OPTIMIZE IT. (Yeilling)
        Answer Question

Consultant Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

I was pushed in by a recruiter. Had a 1:1 interview with the recruiter first, and then had an 1:1 interview with one of the hiring managers. Work place is nice, a lot of empty desks, though. Was asked a lot of behaviour questions, but no "what's your long term/short term goal?". Then, took two quizes, one programming, one brain test. Overall, it took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What type of job you don't want to go to when you wake up every morning?   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at SunGard in September 2010.

First interview was 1:1 interview with Team lead and this was mostly technical. The asked about various testing concepts and lots of core java question.
    Second interview was also 1:1 with the project manager, there were mostly IQ related questions and few simple technical question on data structure.

Interview Questions
    Not much Negotiation was done. I already had an offer and I was offered 30-40k on top of it.

Computer Services Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in March 2011.

Easy interview process. Interviewed via phone screen with the recruiter and then brought in for an onsite interview. Met with a few people and the interviews were very laid back. Scheduling this took place over approximately 2.5 weeks. 1 week later I had an offer in hand.