SunGard

Updated 18 Feb 2015

2.9

SQL Server Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

They first called me in the last week of September '12 for first face to face round.
    within a week they called me again for second f2f techno functional round, and the manager was looking very impressed with my profile.
    Immediately after this discussion the Recruitment HR head had a discussion on notice period and compensation.
    Very next day he asked for my sal slips and latest appraisal letter and told me that they are in process of rolling out me an offer.

I waited till mid of October '12 and then called him, and his answer was we are in process. And till the date I did not get any offer, even HR stopped picking my calls after sometime.

So, my question here is why the hell you call upon candidates just like that if you are not sure about your requirements or budget. If a candidate doesn't join a company after accepting offer, these companies used to blacklist them, so what kind of behaviour would this be considered ?

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were good and upto industry standards.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

applied on company web site, then hr called, then team lead call then team lead and business manger call then had to do a presentation. Job offer, background check hired

Interview Questions
    • getting the 10 minute presentation ready..why should I hire you questions   Answer Question
    not much room to negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed for a business analyst role in Cambridge. The people I met seemed friendly and chatty at first, but the offices were pretty awful for a company turning over several £billion. There was no reception, just buzz to be let in. Then you seemed to walk straight into a kitchen. Very bizzare.

Anyway, the interview lasted around 3 hours, involving several problem solving questions and a presentation. The people who interviewed me seemed to get annoyed rather quickly when I asked further questions. And seemed eager to leave. Decided within the first 10 min that I would turn down any offer as I wouldn't like to work with the people there. Other regional offices may have been better.

Interview process:

1. Problem solving. A probability problem invovling the roling of a die. Roll a 1,2, or 3 you get nothing, roll a 4 or 5 you get £1, roll a 6 you get £2 and another roll. They required you to calculate the expected value of the game.

2. Problem solving. You had 50 min. to solve a problem using their software. You are given a software package that was several years out of date and ask to solve a client problem. Apparenlty there was no "right" answer. They seemed more interesed in the "report" you wrote at the end than your solution to the problem.

3. A presentation. You must give a 10-15 min presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Find a solution to a software problem, write an email response to a client.   Answer Question

Technical Support/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in June 2012.

Common phone interview and on-site interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a technical support?   View Answer

Accept a better offer from a consulting firm

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

Apart of technical questions be prepared for aptitude questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Train A
      70 km/h
      9.30 AM

Train B
      50 km/h
      10.00 AM

Total Distance between Pole A and Pole B is 1000 kms
      When both trains will clash with eachother ?

Answer Question
    • Write a program to find prime numbers between 1 to 100000.

primes = []
      for x in range(1,100000):
          for y in range (2, x-1):
              if x % y == 0:
                  break
          else:
              primes.append(x)
      print "Prime Numbers: ", primes

NOW OPTIMIZE IT. (Yeilling)

View Answer

Consultant Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

I was pushed in by a recruiter. Had a 1:1 interview with the recruiter first, and then had an 1:1 interview with one of the hiring managers. Work place is nice, a lot of empty desks, though. Was asked a lot of behaviour questions, but no "what's your long term/short term goal?". Then, took two quizes, one programming, one brain test. Overall, it took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What type of job you don't want to go to when you wake up every morning?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in March 2012.

1. Call from HR asking you about current job, basic .net questions and salary aspirations.
    2. If you are able to answer basic HR questions, a second phone interview will follow with software developer manager with .net questions, scrum questions and how to resolve hypothetical problems.
    3. If you passed the phone interview then a personal interview will follow that cover more specific .net questions, scrum methodology questions, debugging techniques, write sample code algorithms to solve sample problems they have, finally you have to identify bugs in c# code and SQL queries.

Interview Questions
    • Find logic errors in SQL store procedures   View Answer
    Offer was fast, but I couldn't get more than they offered me. Also, the back ground check takes about 20 days.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard in January 2012.

I had a very informal interview due to a personal connection. I was asked about my capabilities with Excel and time management skills. The job had to be taught regardless, so the interview was more about informing me of what I was going to do and analyzing whether I could do it or not. As I said it wasn't very straightforward.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in December 2011.

It took around 30+ days so it is slow,but the internal process involves lots of discussion and authority to clear the candidate and give the final offer.

Interview Questions
    • how did you manage the transaction setting up boundaries?   View Answer
    The offer is better than average offered by the industry.you cannot negotiate.

Senior Java Developer Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard in October 2011.

The interview is consider a phone interview and 2 hours on site interview.