SunGard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Operations Technician Interview

Operations Technician

I applied online and interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details Did interview with this company and I can sum it up with one word, "bizarre".
Arrive to the building with no reception, just buzz to let you in.

Meet the hiring manager, told me to wait in meeting room for 15mins.
In the middle of interview he keeps getting calls and talk on the phone and when I ask questions he gets really annoyed.
Really awkward experience

Anyway, decided within the first 5 min that I will definitely not working with this kind of people.

Interview Question – nothing difficult, just typical interview questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at SunGard

Interview Details Went through a round of telephonic interview.
Onsite interview involved a test on OOD concepts,SQL questions and Multithreading and other conceptual questions.

Interview Question – The SQL Questions were unexpected.Even though it was a Software Engineer position, I was asked detailed SQL questions on concepts that a Software Engineer do not use on day to day basis.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at SunGard

Interview Details I interviewed for a business analyst role in Cambridge. The people I met seemed friendly and chatty at first, but the offices were pretty awful for a company turning over several £billion. There was no reception, just buzz to be let in. Then you seemed to walk straight into a kitchen. Very bizzare.

Anyway, the interview lasted around 3 hours, involving several problem solving questions and a presentation. The people who interviewed me seemed to get annoyed rather quickly when I asked further questions. And seemed eager to leave. Decided within the first 10 min that I would turn down any offer as I wouldn't like to work with the people there. Other regional offices may have been better.

Interview process:

1. Problem solving. A probability problem invovling the roling of a die. Roll a 1,2, or 3 you get nothing, roll a 4 or 5 you get £1, roll a 6 you get £2 and another roll. They required you to calculate the expected value of the game.

2. Problem solving. You had 50 min. to solve a problem using their software. You are given a software package that was several years out of date and ask to solve a client problem. Apparenlty there was no "right" answer. They seemed more interesed in the "report" you wrote at the end than your solution to the problem.

3. A presentation. You must give a 10-15 min presentation.

Interview Question – Find a solution to a software problem, write an email response to a client.   Answer Question

Technical Support/Customer Service Interview

Technical Support/Customer Service
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in June 2012.

Interview Details Common phone interview and on-site interview questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a technical support?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Accept a better offer from a consulting firm

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Pune (India)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in August 2010.

Interview Details There were 4 stages of interview, mostly from the Domain side since I was hired for the same. Was asked quite detailed questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – A good salary.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in October 2011.

Interview Details An initial Phone Interview led to a half day on site interview with a series of 5 interviews that involved potential peers, and supervisor

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in five years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Location

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

Interview Details Apart of technical questions be prepared for aptitude questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Train A
    70 km/h
    9.30 AM

Train B
    50 km/h
    10.00 AM

Total Distance between Pole A and Pole B is 1000 kms
    When both trains will clash with eachother ?
      Answer Question
  • Write a program to find prime numbers between 1 to 100000.

primes = []
    for x in range(1,100000):
        for y in range (2, x-1):
            if x % y == 0:
                break
        else:
            primes.append(x)
    print "Prime Numbers: ", primes

NOW OPTIMIZE IT. (Yeilling)
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

The process took 5 days - interviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

Interview Details I was pushed in by a recruiter. Had a 1:1 interview with the recruiter first, and then had an 1:1 interview with one of the hiring managers. Work place is nice, a lot of empty desks, though. Was asked a lot of behaviour questions, but no "what's your long term/short term goal?". Then, took two quizes, one programming, one brain test. Overall, it took about 2 hours.

Interview Question – What type of job you don't want to go to when you wake up every morning?   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Pune (India)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at SunGard in September 2010.

Interview Details First interview was 1:1 interview with Team lead and this was mostly technical. The asked about various testing concepts and lots of core java question.
Second interview was also 1:1 with the project manager, there were mostly IQ related questions and few simple technical question on data structure.

Interview Question – Questions on JMS, singelton classes, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much Negotiation was done. I already had an offer and I was offered 30-40k on top of it.

Very Easy Interview

Computer Services Interview

Computer Services

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in March 2011.

Interview Details Easy interview process. Interviewed via phone screen with the recruiter and then brought in for an onsite interview. Met with a few people and the interviews were very laid back. Scheduling this took place over approximately 2.5 weeks. 1 week later I had an offer in hand.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question