SunGard Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Went through a round of telephonic interview.
Onsite interview involved a test on OOD concepts,SQL questions and Multithreading and other conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• The SQL Questions were unexpected.Even though it was a Software Engineer position, I was asked detailed SQL questions on concepts that a Software Engineer do not use on day to day basis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SunGard

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (North Miami, FL (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

1. Call from HR asking you about current job, basic .net questions and salary aspirations.
    2. If you are able to answer basic HR questions, a second phone interview will follow with software developer manager with .net questions, scrum questions and how to resolve hypothetical problems.
    3. If you passed the phone interview then a personal interview will follow that cover more specific .net questions, scrum methodology questions, debugging techniques, write sample code algorithms to solve sample problems they have, finally you have to identify bugs in c# code and SQL queries.

Interview Questions

• Find logic errors in SQL store procedures   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was fast, but I couldn't get more than they offered me. Also, the back ground check takes about 20 days.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in August 2008.

Interview

On c,pus job. Initial 1:1 technical interview. Follwed by group panel interview

Interview Questions

• What is difference between arraylist and linked list   1 Answer
    • Write, efficient code for extracting unique elements from a sorted list of array. e.g. (1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 9, 9, 9, 9) -> (1, 3,   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be prepred with the technical question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SunGard (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2008.

Interview

general questions regarding your previous job, then technical test. The test was all about C++, common questions about class, inheirtance, polymorphism, overload, override.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much space to negotiate, they are quite stingy