SunTrust Branch Manager Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014
Updated 29 Oct 2014

2.4

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

interview process was very typical of behavior based questions - they messed my offer 3 times and it took and extra week for them to figure how to fix it.

Interview Questions

• nothing very difficult asked - just behavior based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Very detailed on coaching and development. Standard questions. Personality test, skill test, customer service test. Phone interview, second interview, interview panel. Focus is on sales, service, and coaching. Be very specific with experience.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Call from recruiter. Met with hiring manager. Waited 3 weeks to hear back. The 3 weeks was a bit long.

Negotiation

They did not budge when it came to salary. Grossly underpaid. Do not pay according to level of experience or based on sales.

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

only interviewed with one person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

met my offer.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust (Roanoke, VA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

relatively smoothly four processes to gain employnent

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave former company and what do I have to offer   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in December 2011.

Interview

Start with phone interview, then a 1:1 with HR after that meeting with 2 Area Managers.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about an employee that was not achieving her/his goals, How did you deal with her, what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Suntrust is not competitive with banks in the area, lead to staff turnover.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SunTrust in November 2011.

Interview

I was asked behavorial questions about my experience, and coaching skills. Right before I walked into my second interview a hiring freeze was implemented by their line of business manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you observed an employee giving poor service?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Old fashioned process. Mangers still have a say on who is hired and can interview potential employees.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first thing you would do as the new branch manager.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy and low stress. Both recruiter and hiring manager made candidate very comfortable.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Inbterviewed with current area manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and to the point

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunTrust in August 2010.

Interview

Very relaxed telephone interview. She looked over my resume and asked me to elaborate on my different positions with different companies. They expect to continue interviewing for the position for the next two weeks. Was asked one PAR question on handling difficult employees. She also asked for my salary requirements. She seemed pleased with a range.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at XYZ company?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   1 Answer