Sunrise Senior Living

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.5

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Behavioral based interviewing. They will ask specific questions related to past experiences, which will predict future behavior. Be prepared with examples of dealing with difficult customers, examples of team work, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Very specific questions relating to financial performance and knowledge of profit and loss statements.   Answer Question
    Depends on experience, but they will negotiate.

Care Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Filled out application online a couple days later received an email from one if the recruiters apparently they were having a job fair went in for the job fair on 08/06 it was so many people there then they called about 12 of us out for the interview the interview was conducted by the director of nurses and the coordinator they asked about 5 questions nothing hard really easy questions but they didn't ask the questions to each person you just had to speak out they also told us history about sunrise what we would be doing and how much we were going to make after the interview was over they told us if we're interested they would call us in a week a week later I got a phone call from them asking me to come in and shadow for 2 hours after that was over they ask me did I like it and told me to call the coordinator the following day called the coordinator set up another interview went in for the interview wasn't much of an interview just them asking me did I want the job after that they gave me the information to go take my tb test physical drug test and background check then they called me about 2 weeks later to come in for training

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question just things like why do you want to work here what experience do you have   Answer Question
    No negotiation offered 10$

Life Enrichment Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in February 2013.

First 2 interviewers were new at it, but very interested in my creative ideas for the position. Second interview at Coordinator level occurred same day because my qualifications were excellent and they hired me on the spot. Generally this is a 2 step process. An interviewee should be prepared to evince genuine love for the elderly, ability to organize a balanced program of enrichments for all levels of memory impaired residents, and a gift for one to one or two engagements with residents that provide social warmth and general stimulation for moments of delight each day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle conflict with fellow staff?   View Answer
    A bit too informal. I was signed up for training before I even had an offer, did not know salary or schedule, had to ask for it in writing. No negotiation really. Low salaries common in this position.

Activity and Volunteer Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in April 2014.

I was contacted initially by e-mail after submitting my resume on line in response to the posting.
    Person who scheduled interview was pleasant and accommodating to my schedule. Information as to who would be hiring me , however , was vague and not very helpful. The in person interviewer seemed distracted with other tasks and really did not convey any interest as to how I might fit the needs of the position. After the initial one on one interview , two staff were brought in to conduct their part of the interview. They were pleasant and polite but seemed detached from the process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you meet the needs of someone who refused to leave their room   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

I applied online 07/18/2014. I received a call from the head of the department asking me to come in for a group interview on 07/31/2014. I went in for my interview, very chill and informal, and while everyone left, the manager asked me and one other person to stay behind. They told me they wanted to go further in the hiring process. I came in 08/03 for my preview. They just have you shadow someone for an hour or so and pretty much tell you what comes with the job, how much you get paid, etc. On 08/12 I went back to fill out paperwork for scans, background check, drug test, etc. I got all my stuff done the next day. Today they called me and offered me a position. It's an extensive process, but it's worth it.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in August 2013.

easy, less than 30 min. then 1 hour of shadowing an employee immediately after, and filling out paper work that day. Started a week later, and had to complete online training sessions/ and a skills checkoff/ orientation.

Concierge Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in June 2014.

I submitted a resume and application on the company website. About a week later, I received an email letting me know I had been selected to attend a group interview. The day of the interview, I arrived at the local Sunrise facility along with about 15 other people. About half of us were interviewing for the concierge/receptionist position. The others were interviewing for caregiver positions. We all filled out profile sheets about our favorite colors and pets. Then we watched a brief video on Sunrise. Next, two managers sat with all of us and described their experience and expectations of team members. Finally, we answered several questions. Some were required questions...we went around the circle. Others were optional...only a few of us answered. They included: your name and what position you are applying for, why do you want to work at Sunrise, what do you bring to Sunrise, what do you expect from Sunrise. The process took 1 hour. The day after the interview, I received a photocopied letter letting me know they would keep me resume on file. That was 2 months ago. The position is still open.

Executive Director Interview

I've had a phone interview on two separate occasions for the position of executive director with Sunrise Senior Living. I was contacted on both occasions by the recruiter for the company though my linkedin profile.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview process was underwhelming. No hard questions to answer. More focused on summarizing your resume.   Answer Question

Wellness Nurse Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Hiring process 14 years ago was very odd, I was new to city and went to community with my resume ,I expected to be asked to come back for interview, be asked questions to get to know me and my skills that were not on resume, instead I received a call 3 hours later to say I got the job if I wanted it

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked just "when can you start"   View Answer
    No negotiation needed, I put my requested salary on resume and I was offered $4.00 more than I requested

Care Manager Interview

the interview is conducted in the form of a group interview with all the coordinators from the different departments and the HR person in the room. as soon as I left the interview I received a call offering me the job, then you go take your drug/alcohol test.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!