Sunrise Senior Living

68 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Care Manager Interview

Plano, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in November 2012.

Interview Details Quick and fast they are always desperate because they have high turn over.

Memory Care Director Interview

Memory Care Director

I applied in-person and interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview Details started as a care manager and worked my way up to Memory Care Director

Negotiation Details – no negotiation was offered

EMR Trainer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in August 2013.

Interview Details Temp- to perm position. Worked 6 months then offered full time.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I am use to working with a team of people who believe in team work, not just within the Community but also within the CSO and that was missing- Incomplete structure.

Resident Care Coordinator Interview

Resident Care Coordinator
Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in November 2010.

Interview Details Didn't care about my background as much as the executive director cared about my personal background. Lots of false promises of advancements. Person didn't have much experience in conducting interviews. Too many secondary interviews as well. Plus separate meeting with regional director who lies about advancements even more. Was disappointing interview experience that should have warned me about what I was getting into.

Interview Question – Do you have care management experience?   Answer Question

Care Giver Interview

Care Giver
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in March 2012.

Interview Details Resume submitted. Received call. Met in a group interview session. Questions asked were of a general variety. The company is looking for out-going, people-friendly employees with a penchant for wanting to help other human beings. Good to be somewhat assertive and able to give real-life examples of how you may have helped others in the past.

Interview Question – Describe an instance where you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Concierge Interview

Concierge

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview Details Apply for the job either in person or online, get a one on one interview, drug test, background check, training.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with working with seniors?   Answer Question

Reminiscence Coordinator Interview

Wayland, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in April 2011.

Interview Details Dropped resume, interview with ED, Interview with Regional ( good guy), shadowing, hire.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Ed was very good in this arena. I negotiated a few thousand higher than offered.

Certified Care Manager Interview

Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in May 2011.

Interview Details I was interviewed by Johanna, the Assisted Living Coordinator. I came in for my interview and it lasted about 30 minutes. We talked about what the job entailed and set up a time for me to come in and shadow a CM and take a drug test before I was officially hired. I got a call a couple days later telling me I got the job.

Interview Question – What is your greatest strength?   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

Care Manager
Frisco, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview Details The interviewed as a group. Questions are asked individually. Tour is given.

Interview Question – None, pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation phase, rate of pay is standard across the board.

Reminiscence Care Manager Interview

Reminiscence Care Manager
Troy, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in April 2010.

Interview Details Applied at the location in person, call back for a group interview. Interview with my boss, and then interview with the head of the location, (executive director).

Interview Question – How do you exemplify the qualities our company wants to uphold?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short, and if I agreed to working weekend terms, being contingent during school, sick days, etc

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sunrise Senior Living

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Sunrise Senior Living Videos

Sunrise Senior Living – Why Work for Us?

Since 1981, Sunrise Senior Living has been the employer of choice for warm-hearted people searching for meaningful work in a nurturing, ethical and active environment. We offer a uniquely sensitive approach and personal… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunrise Senior Living interview questions and advice. All 68 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Sunrise Senior Living employees and interview candidates.