Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
89 interviews

2.5

Life Enrichment Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in February 2013.

First 2 interviewers were new at it, but very interested in my creative ideas for the position. Second interview at Coordinator level occurred same day because my qualifications were excellent and they hired me on the spot. Generally this is a 2 step process. An interviewee should be prepared to evince genuine love for the elderly, ability to organize a balanced program of enrichments for all levels of memory impaired residents, and a gift for one to one or two engagements with residents that provide social warmth and general stimulation for moments of delight each day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle conflict with fellow staff?   View Answer
    A bit too informal. I was signed up for training before I even had an offer, did not know salary or schedule, had to ask for it in writing. No negotiation really. Low salaries common in this position.

Activity and Volunteer Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in April 2014.

I was contacted initially by e-mail after submitting my resume on line in response to the posting.
    Person who scheduled interview was pleasant and accommodating to my schedule. Information as to who would be hiring me , however , was vague and not very helpful. The in person interviewer seemed distracted with other tasks and really did not convey any interest as to how I might fit the needs of the position. After the initial one on one interview , two staff were brought in to conduct their part of the interview. They were pleasant and polite but seemed detached from the process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you meet the needs of someone who refused to leave their room   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

I applied online 07/18/2014. I received a call from the head of the department asking me to come in for a group interview on 07/31/2014. I went in for my interview, very chill and informal, and while everyone left, the manager asked me and one other person to stay behind. They told me they wanted to go further in the hiring process. I came in 08/03 for my preview. They just have you shadow someone for an hour or so and pretty much tell you what comes with the job, how much you get paid, etc. On 08/12 I went back to fill out paperwork for scans, background check, drug test, etc. I got all my stuff done the next day. Today they called me and offered me a position. It's an extensive process, but it's worth it.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in August 2013.

easy, less than 30 min. then 1 hour of shadowing an employee immediately after, and filling out paper work that day. Started a week later, and had to complete online training sessions/ and a skills checkoff/ orientation.

Concierge Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in June 2014.

I submitted a resume and application on the company website. About a week later, I received an email letting me know I had been selected to attend a group interview. The day of the interview, I arrived at the local Sunrise facility along with about 15 other people. About half of us were interviewing for the concierge/receptionist position. The others were interviewing for caregiver positions. We all filled out profile sheets about our favorite colors and pets. Then we watched a brief video on Sunrise. Next, two managers sat with all of us and described their experience and expectations of team members. Finally, we answered several questions. Some were required questions...we went around the circle. Others were optional...only a few of us answered. They included: your name and what position you are applying for, why do you want to work at Sunrise, what do you bring to Sunrise, what do you expect from Sunrise. The process took 1 hour. The day after the interview, I received a photocopied letter letting me know they would keep me resume on file. That was 2 months ago. The position is still open.

Executive Director Interview

I've had a phone interview on two separate occasions for the position of executive director with Sunrise Senior Living. I was contacted on both occasions by the recruiter for the company though my linkedin profile.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview process was underwhelming. No hard questions to answer. More focused on summarizing your resume.   Answer Question

Wellness Nurse Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Hiring process 14 years ago was very odd, I was new to city and went to community with my resume ,I expected to be asked to come back for interview, be asked questions to get to know me and my skills that were not on resume, instead I received a call 3 hours later to say I got the job if I wanted it

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked just "when can you start"   View Answer
    No negotiation needed, I put my requested salary on resume and I was offered $4.00 more than I requested

Care Manager Interview

the interview is conducted in the form of a group interview with all the coordinators from the different departments and the HR person in the room. as soon as I left the interview I received a call offering me the job, then you go take your drug/alcohol test.

Care Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview was a quick and easy process. group interview with about 8 people. The interview was informal. We were pretty much told about the company and took a tour. We then had to come in for a job shadow with a care manager. After that they check your references and give you a drug and background check.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you were given negative feedback and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Assisted Living Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

The executives will never be honest in reference to what one is facing when being interviewed for this position. They will not reveal the culture in the facility nor the attitude of the existing management. They will tell you they want change, but will not back you up after being hired.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a question that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!