Sutherland Global Services

Updated 19 Feb 2015
Updated 19 Feb 2015

2.6

Technical Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

1) Online questionnaire ( behavioral and aptitude )
    2) HR round after few weeks ( technical questions)
    3) Interview with the Manager (20 - 30 mins)

offer was given on the spot. 15 mins orientation about the company with some management person.

Interview Questions
    • What is a smart phone ?
      What is HDMI cable ?
      What is Set top box ?
      What is MAC Address ?

Answer Question
    No they offer only one figure

ADP SBS District Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

They will hire anyone that can have a conversation. They will tell you what the top ppl make but never tell you that the program is set up so that only 4 ppl can be in that Top Bucket, and you won't move up unless ppl ahead of you quit or die.

Interview Questions
    They can give a higher salary than they are telling you (+2k). You can also negotiate a guarantee on commissions for the first 6 mos.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2015.

I applied online Tuesday, Jan. 20th and received a call the next day during the evening for a phone interview. The person was very nice and even if my answer wasn't exactly what they were looking for, they told me how to improve my answer(s) and they were just all around wonderful about it. It took about 30 minutes over the phone (I did pretty good considering I wasn't expecting a call like that, took me totally off guard). After we were done, they scheduled a time for me to come in to do a one on one interview which was the next day. I walked in there really nervous and was taken to a small lobby where the secretary was very friendly and anyone who came through those doors acknowledged you with a smile. Even though they didn't get to my interview until half an hour after I was supposed to go in, I didn't mind as I know they are busy and I was content with the friendliness of the people in there. Someone came and guided me to a room where I was asked pretty simple questions like "How would you do with an upset customer?", "What is an IP Address on a computer for?", etc. If you've got even a small interest for computers, you'll do just fine. Once they learned that I could use one, they pretty much hired me. They offered me a job as soon as I was finished answering the questions and before I even signed anything, they made sure that I had all of the right information about what kind of job I would be doing and they made sure I had everything I needed to know. After the interview, I was taken to another room where someone else spoke to me to take my information (ID card, SIN, etc. so that they know you can legally work there is all) and they handed me a portfolio filled with many papers with information about everything the company does, stands for, your training duration, parking info, benefits, and so many more helpful things. They even went over every page with me to make sure I understood and had everything I needed to know and if I wasn't sure about something, they were more than happy to help. It was that interview that you always hope for (friendliness, respectful people, smiles, interests about you from others, etc.) but never really get, at least not in my experience. This was definitely a great experience. Orientation starts February 2nd and paid training starts February 3rd.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult at all. If you can use a computer and know a term or two, you're basically hired. The only question I can think of even though it really wasn't hard at all was something like "If you were on the phone with a customer and they had a problem that you were unfamiliar with, what would you do?"   View Answer
    There was none or I didn't ask. I was okay with what they offered already.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2015.

At the first point of interview, they check whether you are able to perform in Voice or Non-voice. These are the rounds that will be conducted for every candidate.

For voice:

Chat Assessment.
          Online Technical Test
          Typing Test.
          Operations HR.

Interview Questions
    • Previous Work Experience.
      Roles & Responsibilities in the previous company.
      Basic technical questions.

Work From Home Customer Service Interview

The assessment was LENGTHY. Some of the questions were difficult and some tricky. Pay close attention to how they are worded. A large portion of the assessment included questions that are completely irrelevant to a customer service position i.e. geometry, word puzzles, what comes next in the series of pictures etc. The answer to one particular question gave you 4 possible answers to choose from, 3 of which were TRUE! I just ended up taking a stab at it. On top of all this, it said that it would take you approximately 45 minutes to complete the assessment...are you kidding me?!!! This is not at all accurate. In addition, the job posting said nothing about having to have your computer hard wired during the time you are taking their assessment!! I was using wi-fi when I started it, arrgg! I ended up having to move my PC into another room so that I could hard wire it. Thankfully, they do send you an email once you begin the process that allows you to link back up to the assessment and continue where you left off (basically). Next up, a virtual interview. I have not yet completed this process.

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

One technical interview, one telephonic HR interview, concept testing finance and accounts, nearly one hour, questions regarding FCF, FCFE, accounting entries.
    Rest all was fine. Not very difficult to crack an interview.

Technical Support Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2014.

Interview Questions - Describe about yourself, Question based upon your cv, few technical questions, age, family background, ID proof,house, contract,
    2 Rounds. 2nd round isn't much & more of a repeat (3 questions only asked).

As for company details - you have to ask them, what it's all about, system, etc. They won't speak unless a candidate ask these questions.

Wait time is too much even if you are only candidate facing the interview there.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions depends on the profile just to verify he/she has knowledge of computers in troubleshooting.

Unexpected Question - Family Background - I've faced plenty of interviews but never came across a company whose in interested in your family background rather knowledge, nature of job & company itself. This is only 1st interview, I've faced asking in so much detail about family background, house, age, etc. I felt like they want to determine the salary based on family background rather than the knowledge of job itself as they were only interested in this. It felt as though a person came for matrimonial rather for a job though. Highly Amusing. Not only that, the salary got fixed depending on whether your house is permanent or not. If It's permanent, then they reduce the salary right away which recruitment had mentioned it was more than that.

It appeared as though they discriminate the candidate on family background basis which a very backward thinking in my opinion though.

Normally, if a company wants to verify the family background, etc - there is already a system in India to verify in terms of PAN, Voter's ID & Aadhaar now. They have no rights to ask these personal questions as it has nothing to do with the job at all. In the end, the words have no meaning from the candidate since they already can verify through a system itself such as PAN ID, etc.

Talk about invasion of privacy of a person.

Answer Question
    • Contract - This question during the 1st round itself - Are willing to work for 1 year?. I did say yes regardless of it. However, I was told by the recruitment consultant, there was no contract bound to begin with. Looks like they were testing candidates since they leave a lot sooner these stages.   Answer Question

I never said no rather they concluded as a no from my end since I was requesting to work in morning hours shift then later on, so I change to night shift completely, being a fresher, it's difficult to adjust in the start since it takes quite some time to understand the job, transportation,etc. Looking overall, I was requesting in humble manner since what I was comfortable to work with in the start. The person who took 1st round for me, came to me stating I already stated it was rotational shift but never mentioned timings, how does the system works unless asked during the interview. She never mentioned the timings. I still politely asked the this person, I would like to work during the morning hrs in the start since it's timings purely on night shift after 2nd round that was conducted to me. Basically, it was led to misunderstanding in the end for rotational shift provided towards their end not from me though since I was told there is morning & night shift both.
    In the end, I just asked a simply question - Am I being selected or not?.
    The answer - Because I said no, it became no ( I never said no, I was requesting them instead). If I'm correct to assume that, I was already selected but due to my request for the morning hrs or any other reason which is unknown to me, they rejected me due to this.

Guess some companies, want candidates like AI bot saying Yes sir & no Sir. Typical company who couldn't care about their employers at all.

I guess, there hiding certain info & lying to candidates & recruitment consultant as well which was surprising element too to me as well such contracts & salary too, it's more a testing part so it's understandable, but salary kind of bummer for a year.

Personally, even declined, I wasn't looking for this position at all, I just wanted to try nothing more.

Well, in the end, it worked out for the best in the end, quite a learning experience & amusing as well.

Experience will always differ from candidate - candidate, even if you are fresher, experienced, etc. Just being yourself & face the interview.

Senior Team Manager Interview

Was a series of interviews with HR, Account Manager, Sr. Account Manager, Sr Director, and Client. The process was a set of interviews and a 90 plan of action on what would I do to increase client KPI's. The panel interview and presentation was tough as there were many direct questions, and tense due to the state of the business.

Interview Questions
    • Presenting a 90 game plan on what I would do to improve the company performance.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2014.

Since it is technical process candidate should have knowledge over Networking and OS along with good communication skill, type writing and grammar are also in concern. Apart from that candidate should be capable of taking responsibility.

Work At Home Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2014.

Most of the process was answering questions online, I remembered receiving several emails for skills testing and system capabilities. Once the technical interview portion, all on my pace was completed, I was contacted via email for a phone interview.I did a phone interview found out immediately I got the job, within the next few days HR paperwork came in.

Salary was stated