Sutter Health Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2015

2.9

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sutter Health in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email to schedule an interview which was a week later. I went in and gave them my resume and other items they asked for(Certs) I then was called in and it was basically a skills test to see what clinical skills I had such as picking the right medication. I was given scenarios and asked what I would do in that situation. I was handed a syringe and told to put such and such amount of air in the syringe. And then asked a few questions about what type of worker my coworkers would say I am. I was then told to wait outside the room and wait for an HR rep to come get me. I was then taken to another room and offered a position and instructions on what comes next. I stressed over it alot more than I needed to.

Interview Questions

• If my former coworkers were asked what am I like to work with, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • What subject did I like least in Medical Assisting school?   1 Answer

PHARMACST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, panel - approximately 1 hour in duration. Friendly experience. Each panel member took turns asking questions. Approximately 4 individuals were involved in the panel. Surprisingly, they only required a phone interview and did not need to interview me face to face.

Interview Questions

• Traditional scenario type question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. It was pretty much, "take it or leave it".

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutter Health (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview asking the typical interview questions (why this job? why health care? etc.)
    After about a week I got invited to an in person interview. 2 hour interview process. Had a 90 minute exercise that tested word applications knowledge. Afterwards, had to present the work from the exercise to a panel and then finished off with a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What was an uncomfortable situation you have been in and how did you handle it? What is your greatest accomplishment? Do you value quality of work or quantity (getting it all done in time)?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutter Health (Roseville, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Face to face at company facility. Interviewer explained what functions were at the location, what the duties of the position were, and what would be expected of employees in the position. Interviewer also explained how their new process was implemented and how it was working so far.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience level and what were some of your daily job duties?   Answer Question

Admitting Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

Submitted application on their website, one of over 100 I have submitted and was called for an interview. I sat in front on a panel of 4 ladies and was interviewed in tandem by them all. It was a little awkward trying to maintain eye contact and feel confident with 4 people staring at you.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a difficult question   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

I had 2 panel interviews and a one on one with the hiring director. About 6 people on each panel. It was a long process from the time I applied. About 2 months. Be prepared to answer many questions from all people on the panel. I would say out of all of the places I have interviewed, it wasn't the hardest, but it wasn't the easiest either. They did really pick apart my resume. Mostly to see if it was accurate.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were situational. How I would handle difficult situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR controls the company hiring and has limits on negotiations.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sutter Health in August 2014.

Interview

Complete online application, get a call from manager/phone interview and lastly in person interview.

This process took a very long time. Also I hadn't been briefed before coming for my in person that I would be meeting the entire team.

I thought this would just be meeting the hiring manager and getting a feel for it. Then the 2nd meeting would be a panel. I wished I had known it was. Combined interview so I was better prepared.

Applications Analyst Interview

Interview

For the most part the hiring and interview process was pretty standard. What they seemed to be looking for was experience versus any degrees that you currently hold. The questions that they asked were very straight forward and there were a few questions where they asked some "get to know you" type questions to see if you were someone that would fit into the company atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is one of your flaws? and How would you deal with a difficult coworker/peer/manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

LinkAges Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Interview

Process took about a week for somebody to call me for an interview. Met with two people and they were all fairly nice. Asked questions about my work experience and how it relates to the position. Asked about specific job experiences and what I accomplished and what challenges I had. Asked many questions about team work and working in groups and how I overcame challenges for that as well.

Interview Questions

• What duties did you have during a specific volunteer experience?   Answer Question

Quality Review and Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sutter Health in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed via phone for an interim management position. Thorough reference check, basic orientation done on the fly by director and human resources due to vacations. Hired as interim manager while company actively recruits for the position. Company transparent about this being a high turnover position with extremely poor retention of employees in the department.