Sutter Health

Getting the Interview

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview Details I applied online through my school for an internship with Sutter and heard back from them a little over month and a half. The interview was pretty typical, had questions about my customer service experience, why do I want to study accounting, etc. Overall, it has been a good experience and I am happy that they wanted me to join their team.

Interview Question – Nothing out of ordinary, just questions of why you would be a good fit, why do you want to study accounting, etc.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview Details Many many applicants per position, helps to know someone already working in the department. Initially apply online and complete questionnaires about work history and experience. If pass online questionnaires, then application forwarded to department management. Initial interview with department managers, second and sub-sequential interviews usually with peer staff members in collaboration with management.

Interview Question – What is your approach to your personal workload and the workload of others?   Answer Question

Clinical Manager Interview

Clinical Manager
Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Sutter Health in April 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process does not take too long, about 3-4 weeks to get an interview. You meet with person who is in the current role and then the doctor you are working with and then the hiring manager. Very smooth process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at sutter?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all.

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview Details I was able to get this position through an acquaintance. The questions I got asked were pretty typical : Tell me about yourself? Why do you think you would be a good fit? What are your past experiences?

Interview Question – Why work in healthcare?   Answer Question

ETL Architect Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sutter Health in August 2013.

Interview Details It went fine. Had 4 people on the call. call was focused more on leadership , people management abilities

Interview Question – how would handle difficult person in your team   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary negotiation didn't go as expected

Dermatologist/Physician Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview Details Great interview process but long - 2 days in total. They cover all expenses and reimburse everything as well. My husband was able to travel with me for the interviews and expenses were covered for him also. First day: Tour of clinic and several meetings (both group and one-on-one) with internal medicine and Derm dpt. Last interview session is 1 hour and is a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you disagreed with your boss and what you did in that situation. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you made a medical error/mistake, what you did, what you learned.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better alternative options

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview Details Phone interview was quick and easy. Went to panel interview, went well. Was told would find result in 2 weeks minimum. Follow up for two week, all I got was the run around. After 2 months, received a generic email stating a better candidate was selected.

Interview Question – What is your daily production?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Volunteer Interview

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in July 2013.

Interview Details The interview process was very easy. There is really no wrong awnser. It is usually over the phone, however my experience was in person. They basically just want to know the reason you want to volunteer at their hospital. There is no stress or complications, everything went smoothly and a lot of good help from the volunteer services.

Interview Question – Why do you want to volunteer?   Answer Question

Infrastructure PM Interview

Mather, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Sutter Health in August 2013.

Interview Details Inistial interview in phone. Fairly short, but to the point. Got immediate feedback as to how I did. Feed back was good which led me to think I'd make it to the next round which I did. In person interview was within 2 weeks and had representatives from 3 areas relating to the position. Process was quite informal and also went well. Withing 10 day received an offer which I accepted.

Interview Question – Most unexpected thing that happened was that the hiring mgr for this position attended the final in person interview and just commented that we had already spoken as he did the previous phone interview, and that he didn't need to ask anymore questions as he was satisfied with my previous answers and he was okay with me as far as he was concerned.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It went through a 3rd party recruiter and wasn't officially an offer untuil the background check was completed.

Site Manager Interview

Castro Valley, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in May 2011.

Interview Details Went through 3 rounds of interviews - including a panel interview with entire Business Office supervisory/management team

Interview Question – Nnone. It was simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was no nonsense - and there was no negotiating. It was a "take it or leave it" offer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sutter Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sutter Health interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Sutter Health employees and interview candidates.