Symantec Interview Questions

3.1

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

Telephone interview, 1st round f2f interview with HR, 2nd round panel interview with recruiting manager and peers, 3rd round f2f interview with manager's manager

Interview Questions
    • None - pretty standard interviews covering experience to date, competency based questions and motivation to join   Answer Question
    Back and forth 2-3 times before we agreed on the basic salary

Pre Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in March 2013.

The process was slow and involved 4 interviews.. Initial hr interview followed up by phone interview.. Followed by presenting to a panel on there topic of choice followed by a phone interview with the director of pre-sales.. I took some time to get an offer

MSS Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec in October 2012.

Hiring Process is really good. They deal with interviews well. However whilst i was there they made people attend interviews 3 times (Face to Face) because they were consistently unsure.

Interview Questions
    They do not pay according to the average market & will only take you on if you are willing to meet their budget. My position was 20k a year but on the market it was based as 30k a year. To prove this, i handed my notice in when i got the next job.. it's similar.. yet pays a lot more.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

First I got the chance to speak to two students currently on placement with the company, who were there to relax me and answer any questions I had. This was not part of the interview.

I was then taken in for my interview with one line manager and one senior manager. They asked me questions about my CV along with a few others, but nothing particularly difficult. They explained the available roles to me and asked which I would be most interested in.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Just be sure you are able to go into depth about your CV.   Answer Question

Senior Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in November 2011.

I was contacted by HR and schedulled 3 interviews:

-(1:1) Technical concepts: OS (Solaris)
    -(1:1) Networking (UNIX/Solaris solving technical concepts)
    -(1:2) Support and background experiece solving technical problems.

First two weren'tt too difficult and in the last one difficult increased (two interviews, questions about work habits, face problems, ...)

Interview Questions
    • tell me a especial problem you face a how you solve it (method you follow)   Answer Question
    • how do you act with your work mates in critical situations ?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in September 2011.

Three interviews :
    - 10 technical questions of general unix/windows knowledge
    - technical questions about different scenarios where troubleshooting is required
    - social skills and motivational with two hiring team managers

Interview Questions
    No negotiation because the salary is pretty much standard for the job role

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec in September 2011.

Interview process was really easy, not very taxing. No difficult questions, all in all I found it very easy. not much more I can say on the process really...................................................

na

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Symantec in August 2010.

3 stage process involving initial meeting, panel interview, presentation and decision!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the worlds number 1 IT Security corporation?   Answer Question
    Recruit from the top tier IT community. Symantec recruit the best, the elite.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Two in-person interviews and a technical skills test.

First interview was by the manager, and the second interview was by the entire technical support team.
    Technical skills test was designed to see your technical skills AND demonstrate how you might find solutions you don't have the answer to.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your greatest weakness in previous jobs, and how would you overcome it working in this current position?   View Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

I have applied through recruiter. Got call from HR and invited me for the written aptitude test and symantec office. Test consists of questions on python, Java, database, android and operating system and some security related. There were also 3 algorithms to write.

After Test, there 3 technical interviews which took almost 2 weeks. One from India and other two are from onsite. 4th was with Vice president.HR was done over telephone.

One should prepared well for negotiation. If you DON'T demand, then you WON'T get it.