Symantec

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Reading, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in September 2011.

Interview Details Interview process was really easy, not very taxing. No difficult questions, all in all I found it very easy. not much more I can say on the process really...................................................

Negotiation Details – na

Pre Sales Engineer Interview

Pre Sales Engineer
Reading, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2013.

Interview Details The process was slow and involved 4 interviews.. Initial hr interview followed up by phone interview.. Followed by presenting to a panel on there topic of choice followed by a phone interview with the director of pre-sales.. I took some time to get an offer

Interview Question – None really very relaxed process   Answer Question

MSS Security Engineer Interview

MSS Security Engineer
Reading, England

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in October 2012.

Interview Details Hiring Process is really good. They deal with interviews well. However whilst i was there they made people attend interviews 3 times (Face to Face) because they were consistently unsure.

Interview Question – Would i ever work at Symantec again?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They do not pay according to the average market & will only take you on if you are willing to meet their budget. My position was 20k a year but on the market it was based as 30k a year. To prove this, i handed my notice in when i got the next job.. it's similar.. yet pays a lot more.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Symantec in August 2010.

Interview Details 3 stage process involving initial meeting, panel interview, presentation and decision!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for the worlds number 1 IT Security corporation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruit from the top tier IT community. Symantec recruit the best, the elite.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Software Quality Assurance Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

Interview Details First I got the chance to speak to two students currently on placement with the company, who were there to relax me and answer any questions I had. This was not part of the interview.

I was then taken in for my interview with one line manager and one senior manager. They asked me questions about my CV along with a few others, but nothing particularly difficult. They explained the available roles to me and asked which I would be most interested in.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Just be sure you are able to go into depth about your CV.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Reading, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in September 2011.

Interview Details Three interviews :
- 10 technical questions of general unix/windows knowledge
- technical questions about different scenarios where troubleshooting is required
- social skills and motivational with two hiring team managers

Interview Question – Major and minor numbers for storage arrays   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because the salary is pretty much standard for the job role

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details Telephone interview, 1st round f2f interview with HR, 2nd round panel interview with recruiting manager and peers, 3rd round f2f interview with manager's manager

Interview Question – None - pretty standard interviews covering experience to date, competency based questions and motivation to join   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back and forth 2-3 times before we agreed on the basic salary

Senior Support Engineer Interview

Senior Support Engineer
Reading, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in November 2011.

Interview Details I was contacted by HR and schedulled 3 interviews:

-(1:1) Technical concepts: OS (Solaris)
-(1:1) Networking (UNIX/Solaris solving technical concepts)
-(1:2) Support and background experiece solving technical problems.

First two weren'tt too difficult and in the last one difficult increased (two interviews, questions about work habits, face problems, ...)

Interview Questions

• tell me a especial problem you face a how you solve it (method you follow)   Answer Question
  • how do you act with your work mates in critical situations ?   Answer Question

No Interview

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details Hiring manager will call for an interview direly.mthen onsite with the manager and the team. The offer is very quick,and the people are very nice. But management are weak and unstable.

SQA Engineer Interview

SQA Engineer
Culver City, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in July 2014.

Interview Details A recruiter reached out to me regarding open position at Symantec. The recruiter worked quickly to set up 1 phone screenings and quickly move to an onsite interview. Everything was done in less than a week. Everything was pretty standard in terms of questioning. Coding exercises, data structure, algorithm, basic demonstrations and verbal descriptions of software solutions was chiefly the way to go. The team that I interviewed with was very supportive too. It was one of the quickest interview I ever had and the interviewer was easy to talk with

Interview Question – asked if I liked to play games, and what games.. how would you develop + test it..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!