Symantec Interview Questions & Reviews

329 interviews

3.1

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in September 2011.

Interview process was really easy, not very taxing. No difficult questions, all in all I found it very easy. not much more I can say on the process really...................................................

na

Pre Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2013.

The process was slow and involved 4 interviews.. Initial hr interview followed up by phone interview.. Followed by presenting to a panel on there topic of choice followed by a phone interview with the director of pre-sales.. I took some time to get an offer

MSS Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in October 2012.

Hiring Process is really good. They deal with interviews well. However whilst i was there they made people attend interviews 3 times (Face to Face) because they were consistently unsure.

Interview Questions
    They do not pay according to the average market & will only take you on if you are willing to meet their budget. My position was 20k a year but on the market it was based as 30k a year. To prove this, i handed my notice in when i got the next job.. it's similar.. yet pays a lot more.

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Symantec in August 2010.

3 stage process involving initial meeting, panel interview, presentation and decision!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the worlds number 1 IT Security corporation?   Answer Question
    Recruit from the top tier IT community. Symantec recruit the best, the elite.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

First I got the chance to speak to two students currently on placement with the company, who were there to relax me and answer any questions I had. This was not part of the interview.

I was then taken in for my interview with one line manager and one senior manager. They asked me questions about my CV along with a few others, but nothing particularly difficult. They explained the available roles to me and asked which I would be most interested in.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Just be sure you are able to go into depth about your CV.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in September 2011.

Three interviews :
    - 10 technical questions of general unix/windows knowledge
    - technical questions about different scenarios where troubleshooting is required
    - social skills and motivational with two hiring team managers

Interview Questions
    No negotiation because the salary is pretty much standard for the job role

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

Telephone interview, 1st round f2f interview with HR, 2nd round panel interview with recruiting manager and peers, 3rd round f2f interview with manager's manager

Interview Questions
    • None - pretty standard interviews covering experience to date, competency based questions and motivation to join   Answer Question
    Back and forth 2-3 times before we agreed on the basic salary

Senior Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Reading, England
    Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in November 2011.

I was contacted by HR and schedulled 3 interviews:

-(1:1) Technical concepts: OS (Solaris)
    -(1:1) Networking (UNIX/Solaris solving technical concepts)
    -(1:2) Support and background experiece solving technical problems.

First two weren'tt too difficult and in the last one difficult increased (two interviews, questions about work habits, face problems, ...)

Interview Questions
    • tell me a especial problem you face a how you solve it (method you follow)   Answer Question
    • how do you act with your work mates in critical situations ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Got shortlisted in there written test in campus, the test consist of mainly data-structures basics, algorithm, OS etc. and then 2 technical interview and 1 HR interview were conducted in Pune office.
    1st technical interview was on basic knowledge of algorithm, OS, data-structures and 2nd on projects and programming knowledge.

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2014.

I got initial call from HR. My job profile meet their requirements exactly. There were 3 technical rounds. 1 was taken by someone from India office on phone. 2nd round from US team. 3rd round was technical programming round.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program which will read an excel file data and write it to xml file after doing some calculations.   Answer Question

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!