Symantec Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

3.1

IT Principal Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Symantec (Reading, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Got a call from HR to arrange an interview at their offices, was pretty informal and they didn't ask as many questions as I thought. I had an initial phone interview/conversation with one of the team and then came in for the face to face interview which was with two people. The questions where pretty standard and high level.

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (London, England).

Interview

Telephone interview, 1st round f2f interview with HR, 2nd round panel interview with recruiting manager and peers, 3rd round f2f interview with manager's manager

Interview Questions

• None - pretty standard interviews covering experience to date, competency based questions and motivation to join   Answer Question

Negotiation

Back and forth 2-3 times before we agreed on the basic salary

Pre Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Reading, England) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was slow and involved 4 interviews.. Initial hr interview followed up by phone interview.. Followed by presenting to a panel on there topic of choice followed by a phone interview with the director of pre-sales.. I took some time to get an offer

MSS Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Reading, England) in October 2012.

Interview

Hiring Process is really good. They deal with interviews well. However whilst i was there they made people attend interviews 3 times (Face to Face) because they were consistently unsure.

Interview Questions

• Would i ever work at Symantec again?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not pay according to the average market & will only take you on if you are willing to meet their budget. My position was 20k a year but on the market it was based as 30k a year. To prove this, i handed my notice in when i got the next job.. it's similar.. yet pays a lot more.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

Interview

First I got the chance to speak to two students currently on placement with the company, who were there to relax me and answer any questions I had. This was not part of the interview.

I was then taken in for my interview with one line manager and one senior manager. They asked me questions about my CV along with a few others, but nothing particularly difficult. They explained the available roles to me and asked which I would be most interested in.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Just be sure you are able to go into depth about your CV.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Reading, England) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard - Was dealing with an agency. Had a telephone interview first with HR & then a face to face with the Sales Director that would be responsible for making the decision.
    Then a meeting with the head of the UK. 30/60/90 presentation as standard.

Interview Questions

• They asked me all the standard interview questions, nothing from left field.   Answer Question

Senior Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Reading, England) in November 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and schedulled 3 interviews:

-(1:1) Technical concepts: OS (Solaris)
    -(1:1) Networking (UNIX/Solaris solving technical concepts)
    -(1:2) Support and background experiece solving technical problems.

First two weren'tt too difficult and in the last one difficult increased (two interviews, questions about work habits, face problems, ...)

Interview Questions

• tell me a especial problem you face a how you solve it (method you follow)   Answer Question
    • how do you act with your work mates in critical situations ?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Reading, England) in September 2011.

Interview

Three interviews :
    - 10 technical questions of general unix/windows knowledge
    - technical questions about different scenarios where troubleshooting is required
    - social skills and motivational with two hiring team managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation because the salary is pretty much standard for the job role

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec (Reading, England) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview process was really easy, not very taxing. No difficult questions, all in all I found it very easy. not much more I can say on the process really...................................................

Negotiation

na

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Symantec in August 2010.

Interview

3 stage process involving initial meeting, panel interview, presentation and decision!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the worlds number 1 IT Security corporation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruit from the top tier IT community. Symantec recruit the best, the elite.