Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Syngenta
- Chemist (2)
- Process Engineer (2)
- Production Tech (1)
- Business Support Specialist (1)
- Business Unit Controller (1)
- Manager (1)
- Supply Chain Program (1)
- Import/Export Specialist (1)
- Finance Graduate Program (1)
- Growing In Syngenta (1)
- Regional Role (1)
- Operations Planning Analyst (1)
- Security and Compliance Analyst (1)
- Financial Leadership Development (1)
- IS Graduate Programmer (1)
- Marketing and Sales Development Manager (1)
- Formulation Technologist (1)
- Analytical Technical Expert (1)
- Grow At Syngenta Program (1)
- IS Graduate Program (1)
- Trials Officer (1)
- Post-MBA GIS Scheme (1)
- Lab Technician (1)
- Strategy (1)
- Statistician (1)
- Analyst (1)
- IT (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Logistics (1)
- Team Leader (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Syngenta in February 2015.
3 interviews on day 2 and they were fine met people from different functions and they asked some general questions as well as technical questions. the technical questions really tested your background knowledge
- tech interview and personality check Answer Question
- No OfferAverage InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Syngenta.
Applied online then had a phone interview then was invited to the face-to-face interview day.
There were 3 hr long interviews one after the other which was quite daunting followed by a tour of site.
- Questions were quite standard and they let you look them over for 10 mins first. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Syngenta (Bracknell, England) in May 2014.
There was a 30 min phone Interview and then Half day face-to-face interview (2 40 min interviews, 10 min presentation and practical exercise).
Phone iterview was quite easy and then week later they invite you for a face-to-face interview, giving you 3 week to prepare.
- What are you good at Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Syngenta (Halsall, England) in August 2010.
I had two interviews following my initial application for the position of Trials Officer.
I had a one on one interview first and was called back for an inter view with the whole team.
- Nothing was difficult. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Syngenta.
The interview was good, I believe that they really were trying to look for the best person for the position. I was interviewed by more than 3 people, many chief departments, and I felt comfortable and secure with the process. There were interviewers who preffered to do it in my language and others in English. It was ok.
- What were my intetion wokring there, what did I find about GMO. Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Syngenta.
Classic CV + cover letter screening round, followed by a telephone interview to understand 'fit', motivation and compatibility with Syngenta's leadership model. After this, there is a 1.5 day assessment center at HQ in Basel, which is a mixture of one-on-one interviews and group exercises. Components included a business case in the agriculture sector (fairly obviously, I imagine), and two rounds of group negotiations. There were around 12 of us at the assessment centre, and about 12 managers 'observing' each and every reaction - so the environment is rather 'staged'. Decisions were made relatively quickly, requiring full consensus from all those you interacted with.
- Why Syngenta? Why agriculture? How mobile are you? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Syngenta (Naples, FL (US)) in February 2015.
I interviewed with two people, the person I would be replacing and another I would be working with. I was invited to a second interview the same day. After having a second interview with 4 people, I thought it went well. I didn't hear back from them in a week I assumed I didn't get the job. I got a call and was asked if I was looking for work because the other person took another job offer.
- What skills would make you suitable for the position? Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferNo Offer
Two interviews that consisted of meeting with two tiers of management. They were professional and had a genuine concern for the interviewer. Overall it was a good experience and I would go for it again.
- Describe a time when you were asked to lead others but were not given the authority to do it? How did you perform and what was the result? 1 Answer
Helpful (1)No OfferNo Offer
Interviewed on campus. It was awkward because you sit in between two interviewers, so I was having to look to my left for a couple of seconds then had to turn to my right so I could address both of them. The questions weren't difficult, just your basic behavioral questions, although they did ask a lot of different situations where you failed, failed to persuade a group, when you received bad feed back, and when you failed meeting a goal.
- A time you failed persuading a group Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at Syngenta.
Very long they follow lot process and make sure background check is done. Keep on doing background check even if you have being on board for 6 months.
Once sent offer they keep calling are you joining etc all kind of questions
They keep you waiting even they offered you to give joining date or they will send mail like don't resign wait for final confirmation etc
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review