Syngenta Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2015

3.1

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Syngenta in February 2015.

Interview

3 interviews on day 2 and they were fine met people from different functions and they asked some general questions as well as technical questions. the technical questions really tested your background knowledge

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

Applied online then had a phone interview then was invited to the face-to-face interview day.
    There were 3 hr long interviews one after the other which was quite daunting followed by a tour of site.

Interview Questions

• Questions were quite standard and they let you look them over for 10 mins first.   Answer Question

Business Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Syngenta (Bracknell, England) in May 2014.

Interview

There was a 30 min phone Interview and then Half day face-to-face interview (2 40 min interviews, 10 min presentation and practical exercise).
    Phone iterview was quite easy and then week later they invite you for a face-to-face interview, giving you 3 week to prepare.

Trials Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halsall, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta (Halsall, England) in August 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews following my initial application for the position of Trials Officer.
    I had a one on one interview first and was called back for an inter view with the whole team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

The interview was good, I believe that they really were trying to look for the best person for the position. I was interviewed by more than 3 people, many chief departments, and I felt comfortable and secure with the process. There were interviewers who preffered to do it in my language and others in English. It was ok.

Interview Questions

• What were my intetion wokring there, what did I find about GMO.   Answer Question

Post-MBA GIS Scheme Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

Classic CV + cover letter screening round, followed by a telephone interview to understand 'fit', motivation and compatibility with Syngenta's leadership model. After this, there is a 1.5 day assessment center at HQ in Basel, which is a mixture of one-on-one interviews and group exercises. Components included a business case in the agriculture sector (fairly obviously, I imagine), and two rounds of group negotiations. There were around 12 of us at the assessment centre, and about 12 managers 'observing' each and every reaction - so the environment is rather 'staged'. Decisions were made relatively quickly, requiring full consensus from all those you interacted with.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta (Naples, FL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two people, the person I would be replacing and another I would be working with. I was invited to a second interview the same day. After having a second interview with 4 people, I thought it went well. I didn't hear back from them in a week I assumed I didn't get the job. I got a call and was asked if I was looking for work because the other person took another job offer.

Interview Questions

Interview

Two interviews that consisted of meeting with two tiers of management. They were professional and had a genuine concern for the interviewer. Overall it was a good experience and I would go for it again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were asked to lead others but were not given the authority to do it? How did you perform and what was the result?   1 Answer

Interview

Interviewed on campus. It was awkward because you sit in between two interviewers, so I was having to look to my left for a couple of seconds then had to turn to my right so I could address both of them. The questions weren't difficult, just your basic behavioral questions, although they did ask a lot of different situations where you failed, failed to persuade a group, when you received bad feed back, and when you failed meeting a goal.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

Very long they follow lot process and make sure background check is done. Keep on doing background check even if you have being on board for 6 months.

Once sent offer they keep calling are you joining etc all kind of questions

Negotiation

They keep you waiting even they offered you to give joining date or they will send mail like don't resign wait for final confirmation etc