Syngenta Seeds Interview Questions

2.6

Trials Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halsall, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halsall, England

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta Seeds in August 2010.

I had two interviews following my initial application for the position of Trials Officer.
    I had a one on one interview first and was called back for an inter view with the whole team.

Simple

Production Tech Interview

Had an interview with the PM and got the job. Not too stressful. I didnt need to really dress up to much for the interview process just some nice slacks and nice shirt no need for a suit.

no negotiations

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta Seeds.

Contacted by their third party recruiter. She just emailed me an interview time and person to ask for. That person wasn't even there. Ended up interviewing with 3 people, one who was only there a short time.

Operations Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Syngenta Seeds.

They will ask lots of situational questions. Give complete answers, and site specific examples.

Interview Questions
    • They might ask about a time you have failed. Make sure you can show how that experience turned into something positive about your skill set now.   Answer Question
    Short and easy.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, NE (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Syngenta Seeds in April 2011.

Syngenta has the interview process very well organized. The entire process took quite a bit of time, but the company communicated well. The initial 2 interviews were on the phone and were fairly short. The on-site interviews were one hour each. There were 2 meetings with groups of interviewers. The process is difficult, but not unpleasant. I felt free to ask questions and developed a good feel for the position and the people interviewing me. An example of a situational question is describing an experience managing others. Most situation questions were directly related to the position.Work safety was stressed more than I have ever heard a company mention it before. The frequency had me worried about being reprimanded for the smallest infraction if I did get the job. I got the perception that the work environment was okay, but that most employees were putting in their time and not really excited about what they do.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you trained subordinates on safety guidelines and made sure they followed through with those guidelines.   View Answer

Security and Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Syngenta Seeds in October 2008.

Initially hired through Office Team / Robert Half as contract labor. Worked for office in Fort Wayne, IN. Syngenta does not generally hire for permanent positions so this was a good way to get in the door. Since Syngenta decided to hire contract labor, the hardest part was dealing with Office Team. Office Team personnel are challenging to work with, unsupportive, and could not seem to properly address tax issues year after year.

Interview Questions
    • Company really wanted someone that had previous SAP experience but were willing to train someone that could quickly learn that system.   Answer Question
    Salary negotiation was minimal at best. Five years ago was a difficult time to negotiate wages considering that I was unemployed and economic times were tough.