T.G.I. Friday's

Updated 14 Feb 2015
Updated 14 Feb 2015

2.3

Bartender Interview

Last Thursday I had an interview for TGI's. I was really nervous but excited at the same time as I would love to work there. I was unsure of what to expect as the email I received said it was an audition and that I could bring props to stand out from the crowd. This is what was making me nervous because I did not have a clue what to bring. In the end I never took anything as I didn't want to stress over it. When I got there all the staff were so friendly and welcoming. Once everyone arrived (group of around 10 people when it said there could be up to 30) went into a room were we played games having to introduce ourselves and loosen up a little. The next part was 'speed dating' were each of the workers had two minutes with you to ask questions on the homework they set us and random questions also. It was a lot of fun and a good laugh. Lastly the people who applied to be a bartender went into a room were we got the chance to make some cocktails but also keep a conversation going were a few of the workers would act to be a customer and you basically had to act as if it was real whilst making the cocktail. Don't worry one of the bartenders pointed out what to put in the cocktail whilst you were speaking. All in all it was a really fun interview, everyone had a laugh and they were all so nice! I hear back in the next few days if I have the job or not so fingers crossed!!

Server and Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I applied for a position online in a local T.G.I's, two days later I received a phone call from one of the managers at the store, who asked me about my availability before inviting me in for OJE (on job experience) in which I would be shadowing a team member. The OJE was a few days later, I arrived and was instantly felt welcomed, even though I applied for a hostess position I shadowed an S.A (serving assistant) for a two hour shift, I then was sat down and interview by one of the managers who asked me a range of questions from 'what's your favourite chocolate bar' to 'where do you see yourself in five years'. I was then asked back for a second OJE in two days in which I was shadowing a host. After another two hour shift I was interviewed by a different manager who asked me very friendly questions, nothing too stressful. At the end of the interview I was then told to return in a few days for a final interview with the GM (general manager) which is the last step in the interview process. I had said interview a few days ago, all very friendly and welcoming, no questions that threw me off guard but they like it if you are able to strike up a conversation with them, I will hear back in a few days about whether or not I have got the job.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you know in particular about this branch of TGIs?"   View Answer

Waiter/Waitress Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2014.

Received a phone call after applying on line. Met with a manager for a informal interview. Brilliant interview. Was offered a cup of tea and discussed role in a relaxed manor. Was asked to come back for OJE which went really well. Had a mini interview with another manager at the end which also went really well. Awaiting call as we speak. Fingers crossed. Amazing company to work for.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England
    Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2013.

Applied online, then received 'pre interview' questions to fill out, after 4 days received an email inviting me to an Audition interview. Arrived, played some team work games, got to know the group (only around 20 of us there) then had 2 minutes to do our party trick/performance/presentation. I did a performance of a song with my guitar, someone did a tap dance and someone else brought along props to do with their life and spoke about them. They then ask you simple questions like 'how do you think your personality will fit in at Fridays?' And 'where do you see yourself in 10 years time'.
    That is all done in front of a group, then individually taken away for questions. Simple ones again like 'why fridays?' 'Do you have any holidays planned?' 'How do you plan to get here.'
    Still waiting on whether I was successful or not as audition was only yesterday.

Interview Questions
    • 'What would your personality bring to Fridays, how would you fit in?'   View Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gateshead, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gateshead, England

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2012.

Turned up for an interview just before the place opened. Offered a drink from a member of staff. Had a chat with a member of staff (informal) before speaking to the manager. Manager came out and introduced himself. Seemed like a nice, light-hearted and relaxed guy so it was easy for me to relax too. Had a chat about previous employment and what-not. Nothing hard really. Lead me out.

Interview Questions
    • What gets on your nerves? What niggles you?   View Answer
    Shifted me for an OJE (On the Job Experience) shift the next day and advised me to wear suitable clothing. But not necessarily and offer. More of a test-run

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Applied online, they got back to me within 5 days. Scheduled an interview for the next week. Started off with the basic, 'So tell me about yourself'. Manager was very nice and seemed interested but couldn't offer me a job because they filled the position the day before but told me to keep in touch.
    Overall good experience.

Restaurant FOH Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Very simple, do some tests, then a personality test. If everything fits you get an offer. Everything was completed online so not much one on one time to make you nervous. Mostly just waiting for emails to arrive. The DO is very kind and knows what she is doing and looking for when it comes to managers.

Interview Questions
    • How to deliver the brand promise of in here its always Friday.   Answer Question
    Simple

Server/Waiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I had two interviews for the server position. One with the server manager, and one interview with the general manager/vice president. They asked me how I worked with others. There were two or three pages to fill out along with questions to answer from the employers.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were about behavioral issues dealing with tempers.   Answer Question
    When can you start?

Host/Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I initially applied online and the application wasn't that bad. It took them about 2 weeks to get back to me. My interview was around 3pm and last around 30 minutes. Once I got there, everyone was nice and they hiring manager sounded interested! Then... NOTHING. I called to follow up and they hung up on me. I probably won't be filling out another application any time soon.

Server Interview

Easy hire process through workforce 1. They are willing to take on entry level positions. As long as you are friendly, willing to learn, and an overall dependable employee, they give you a chance. They ask a few questions about your life goals and what you love most about customer service jobs. They want to know that you are dependable like any other job as well.