T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014
Updated 24 Oct 2014

2.3

Server and Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I applied for a position online in a local T.G.I's, two days later I received a phone call from one of the managers at the store, who asked me about my availability before inviting me in for OJE (on job experience) in which I would be shadowing a team member. The OJE was a few days later, I arrived and was instantly felt welcomed, even though I applied for a hostess position I shadowed an S.A (serving assistant) for a two hour shift, I then was sat down and interview by one of the managers who asked me a range of questions from 'what's your favourite chocolate bar' to 'where do you see yourself in five years'. I was then asked back for a second OJE in two days in which I was shadowing a host. After another two hour shift I was interviewed by a different manager who asked me very friendly questions, nothing too stressful. At the end of the interview I was then told to return in a few days for a final interview with the GM (general manager) which is the last step in the interview process. I had said interview a few days ago, all very friendly and welcoming, no questions that threw me off guard but they like it if you are able to strike up a conversation with them, I will hear back in a few days about whether or not I have got the job.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you know in particular about this branch of TGIs?"   View Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2013.

Applied online, then received 'pre interview' questions to fill out, after 4 days received an email inviting me to an Audition interview. Arrived, played some team work games, got to know the group (only around 20 of us there) then had 2 minutes to do our party trick/performance/presentation. I did a performance of a song with my guitar, someone did a tap dance and someone else brought along props to do with their life and spoke about them. They then ask you simple questions like 'how do you think your personality will fit in at Fridays?' And 'where do you see yourself in 10 years time'.
    That is all done in front of a group, then individually taken away for questions. Simple ones again like 'why fridays?' 'Do you have any holidays planned?' 'How do you plan to get here.'
    Still waiting on whether I was successful or not as audition was only yesterday.

Interview Questions
    • 'What would your personality bring to Fridays, how would you fit in?'   View Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gateshead, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gateshead, England

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2012.

Turned up for an interview just before the place opened. Offered a drink from a member of staff. Had a chat with a member of staff (informal) before speaking to the manager. Manager came out and introduced himself. Seemed like a nice, light-hearted and relaxed guy so it was easy for me to relax too. Had a chat about previous employment and what-not. Nothing hard really. Lead me out.

Interview Questions
    • What gets on your nerves? What niggles you?   View Answer
    Shifted me for an OJE (On the Job Experience) shift the next day and advised me to wear suitable clothing. But not necessarily and offer. More of a test-run

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Pretty simple. I applied in August, and received a call about a month later. They set up an interview. The manager just asked me to tell him about myself, and then proceeded to describe the details of the job and the work environment. He asked if I sounded interested, and then called later in the week to set up a second interview, where it was basically a meeting to fill out some paperwork that I had accepted the job, and to set up a training schedule. Overall, very very simple.

No negotiation.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

I applied on Snagajob and received a call from a manager to come in for an interview. The firs interview went really well, and she said she'd call me later that day to schedule my second interview. She never called so I called back and the manager I spoke to this time scheduled my second one and told me what time to come and who to ask for. I came in for yo second and the guy didn't even know he was interviewing me and told me this was a "walk in" I then had a third interview where I was asked about my availability and past experience. I was told I'd get a call, but in haven't heard from them.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2014.

Applied online, called me in 3 days to set up an interview. I interviewed with the general manager and his assistant, then they said they will pass my information on to the district manager and I would get a call from him to interview with. Interviewed with the DM, was very laid back. They are just looking for someone who has a good personality and about great customer service.

Interview Questions
    its a server position, there is no negotiating.

Sever/Host Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

They called me in for an interview, then said they can't offer me a job because I have no experience. But on my application it said I had no experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      What makes you fit for this job?
      What's your availability?
        Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

very conversational. typical interview questions. direct questions bout serving. online test after interview

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2014.

So far I have did step one of the TGI Friday's interview, which consisted of me meeting with the hiring manager and we reviewed my application and resume, lasted all of not even ten minutes. Offered for me to meet with another manager for a second interview. Going back in a few days and will be back to share my results!

Restaurant Manager Interview

Easy process, and very painless interview. Application, aptitude test, the a series of mandatory questions. Followed by a lengthy conversation about career goals, and areas of opportunity to work on in the future. All of this while we ate food from the menu.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with managing your former co-workers, and/or friends?   Answer Question
    None