T.G.I. Friday's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Waitress Interview

Waitress
Norwich, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, then received 'pre interview' questions to fill out, after 4 days received an email inviting me to an Audition interview. Arrived, played some team work games, got to know the group (only around 20 of us there) then had 2 minutes to do our party trick/performance/presentation. I did a performance of a song with my guitar, someone did a tap dance and someone else brought along props to do with their life and spoke about them. They then ask you simple questions like 'how do you think your personality will fit in at Fridays?' And 'where do you see yourself in 10 years time'.
That is all done in front of a group, then individually taken away for questions. Simple ones again like 'why fridays?' 'Do you have any holidays planned?' 'How do you plan to get here.'
Still waiting on whether I was successful or not as audition was only yesterday.

Interview Question – 'What would your personality bring to Fridays, how would you fit in?'   View Answer

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook
Gateshead, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2012.

Interview Details Turned up for an interview just before the place opened. Offered a drink from a member of staff. Had a chat with a member of staff (informal) before speaking to the manager. Manager came out and introduced himself. Seemed like a nice, light-hearted and relaxed guy so it was easy for me to relax too. Had a chat about previous employment and what-not. Nothing hard really. Lead me out.

Interview Question – What gets on your nerves? What niggles you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Shifted me for an OJE (On the Job Experience) shift the next day and advised me to wear suitable clothing. But not necessarily and offer. More of a test-run

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Carrollton, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2011.

Interview Details Interviewed by the department manager twice, the second time with the whole team. A good interview normally last about 45 mins or more. Sell your self and show them how you are great for the job.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself in the future with the company?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server
District Heights, MD (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details Had an open house interview. I came in, filled out an app and a personality quiz, then I waited for my number to be called. Talked to the manager, he liked the way I spoke to him and he liked my experience. But he looked at my personality test and was confused. A lot of their questions are redundant, repeat themselves and half of the scenarios they give will probably not happen in that kind of environment.

Interview Question – How does someone with a personality like yours score so low on the personality test? Obviously that must mean that there's something a little weird with your test, and not everyone is a good test taker.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Springfield, MO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in April 2013.

Interview Details I was Contacted by a recruiter - sent a link for an online management assessment then contacted for a one on one interview with Director of Operations. Short phone interview with head of HR. Interview was professional yet relaxed, very engaging. Didn't feel nervous or intimidated, staff was very courteous as the interview was conducted on site.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Made an offer within previous salary ranges, met in the middle on base salary

Beverage Manager Interview

Beverage Manager
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in April 2012.

Interview Details It was an internal interview from an hourly position. Interview with the HR director in the area and then an interview with the district manager. You have to pass the assessment test to get to the second round. Final interview on the phone with the Vice President of the Region.

Interview Question – The fact that I was an hourly employee who had been with the company for many years my questions were more based on what I could bring to the management team to increase scores and profitability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first offer given as it was only my second salaried position.

Sever/Host Interview

Sever/Host

I applied online and interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details They called me in for an interview, then said they can't offer me a job because I have no experience. But on my application it said I had no experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?
What makes you fit for this job?
What's your availability?
  Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2014.

Interview Details So far I have did step one of the TGI Friday's interview, which consisted of me meeting with the hiring manager and we reviewed my application and resume, lasted all of not even ten minutes. Offered for me to meet with another manager for a second interview. Going back in a few days and will be back to share my results!

Interview Question – What did you do in your previous work?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details very conversational. typical interview questions. direct questions bout serving. online test after interview

Interview Question – scenario questions   View Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager

Interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's

Interview Details Easy process, and very painless interview. Application, aptitude test, the a series of mandatory questions. Followed by a lengthy conversation about career goals, and areas of opportunity to work on in the future. All of this while we ate food from the menu.

Interview Question – How will you deal with managing your former co-workers, and/or friends?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!