T.G.I. Friday's Restaurant Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

2.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MO (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in April 2013.

I was Contacted by a recruiter - sent a link for an online management assessment then contacted for a one on one interview with Director of Operations. Short phone interview with head of HR. Interview was professional yet relaxed, very engaging. Didn't feel nervous or intimidated, staff was very courteous as the interview was conducted on site.

Interview Questions
Made an offer within previous salary ranges, met in the middle on base salary

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Restaurant Manager Interview

Easy process, and very painless interview. Application, aptitude test, the a series of mandatory questions. Followed by a lengthy conversation about career goals, and areas of opportunity to work on in the future. All of this while we ate food from the menu.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with managing your former co-workers, and/or friends?   Answer Question
    None

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in April 2011.

first phone interview. then they make you take a test online. once you pass the est they called to have another phone interview. Then they set a date for 1 on 1 interview.. you have a interview with the gerneral manager for abut 30 min. they make you work the lunch shift. then another interview with lunch.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2012.

There were a total of 2 interviews. The first was with the District Manager in the restaurant. The second interview consisted of a shift follow inside their training store and then an interview with the Director of Operations. The culture was warm and inviting. Everyone in the company was nice and accomodating in answering any questions or concerns I had.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a couple more thousand than there initial offer. Their initial offer will be whatever your currently making as a base salary.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in November 2011.

Applied and was contacted after about 2 weeks. I was asked when a good time for a phone interview would be and gave her a date and time. That day came and went and so I emailed her to try again. Set it up and guess what... that day came and went also with no phone call. It turns out she was on vacation. I emailed her once again and finally did the phone screen. No apologies for either mishap. She sent me a skills and personality test to complete online. The next week I was contacted by her to let me know I would be getting a phone call for my next step. I received a call from a restaurant GM asking me for a day to meet with him at his unit (55 miles from my home) for an interview. At the interview, this GM explained he was asked to do this for his boss but did not know why. He further explained that he had never done this before and apologized for his inexperience. After this interview, which did not go well, I walked away asking myself, "What Just happened?" The next day, I received a form email thanking me for my time but I was not going to be considered for the positiion. I sent an email to their home office asking if this was typical of their process. I received a phone call from an HR rep and was asked to explain my experience. Later that day, I received a phone call from the recruiter and got more of an excuse than an apology, and was told the district manager would be contacting me. When he did call me, I received an apology and we set up a time to meet. Because of the amount of time that had already passed, the position I had applied for was already filled but he would see what he could do. He said he would call me within one week to let me know about a decision. He never did so 3 days after the deadline HE set, I called him. To no surprise, he told me that I would not be joining the company. This whole fiasco took just over 3 months to complete! After all of this, I wonder if this is normal or just a cluster of bad circumstances.

Restaurant Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2011.

I was first interviewed by phone and later 1:1 with the area director. I was told that the company is going through some changes and this specific store is the only one of his that didn't earn their stars yet and haven't met the bonus pars. They simply need to replace the current GM eventually. I passed and had a phone interview with the VP of operations and waited to hear from them, not a single call.

Restaurant Manager Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2009.

Had a one on one. My job is to train servers and open a new restaurant

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work six days a week?   View Answer
    • Do you think you can train 20 emplyees to serve at the international level?   View Answer

The hours were too long and the commute too far

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!