T-Mobile

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tampa Palms, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied Online after being referred by a current employee, took all required assessments after completing application. The next day I received an email inviting me to an interview, and was able to schedule the interview online. Arrived to my interview about 15 minutes early, and was seated in their HR lobby - about 25 minutes after the scheduled interview time - two interviewers greeted me by calling me the wrong name and had wrong application in hand.

The interviewers were extremely unprofessional and disorganized, there was more husband and wife type bickering between the two interviewers than there were interview questions.

I was asked to tell about myself, a little about my previous work experience and probably 4 or 5 STAR format questions. Then I was left alone for 10 minutes to study a handout about the mock call I was about to participate in. We completed the mock call and I felt confident about all my answers both for the questions and in the mock call. When ending the mock call, interviewer says she'll return to the room right away.

The interviewer actually does not return to the room after we end the mock call and had someone else come in 10 MINUTES later and say she is in a meeting, but as soon as I exit the interview room she is cackling with a group of others as if it looks like she's walking out for lunch. I was not able to ask any questions about anything and felt very "ripped off" by this EXTREMELY unqualified interviewer. It actually has changed my opinion about the professionalism of T-Mobile if this is the representative they choose for their Tampa HR Department.

Helpful Hint: If you have experience from any Fast Food Chain and speak unclear with a lot of slang terms and smoke a lot of cigarettes - this is obviously the type of employee they're seeking. Outside the front door there were at least 30 people at a time outside smoking cigarettes and it almost looked like a group of high school students with all the horse-playing going on outside. No wonder your issues never get resolved when calling T-Mobile Customer Service.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that your supervisor asked you to improve on something?   Answer Question

Hoover, AL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details just a simple interview with normal work questions and also how would you handle this situation if you had to questions

Interview Question – everything was normal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the offer was so good there was no need for negotiation

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details Applied online, took the assessment test, and received an email days later asking me to schedule an interview. Went to a group panel interview (2 interviewers) and it lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was asked situational questions.

Interview Question – Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2012.

Interview Details Online assessment was conducted first to match your skill sets.Initial interview was done over the phone, followed by a in person interview with two coaches, pretty general in nature, they use the SAR format Situation Action Results.

Interview Question – How would do you feel about asking a customer for a full amount due after they have stated that they cannot afford to pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Birmingham, AL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2013.

Interview Details I applied on the T-Mobile website and immediately received an email to complete an online assessment. The assessment was sort of like a simulation. You had a few practice phone calls and you get to choose the answer that you would most likely respond with. The assessment took a little less than an hour to complete. After about 4 weeks, I received a call from an HR representative. We did a mini-phone interview (she basically reviewed my resume and then asked how I would handle a difficult customer who was trying to make a payment arrangement for a past due phone bill). After the phone interview, we scheduled a 1:1 interview for the next week. The interview was your typical STAR interview. It lasted for about 30 minutes. She told me I'd receive a call within the next 2 weeks with a response. It only took 1 week to let me know I got the position, contingent on passing a background check. The background check was the hardest process for some people in my training class. It took some people over 2 weeks to have their background check completed, however, mines didn't take that long. I got a call 3 days later telling me my background check came back and the representative gave me my start date and time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when your attention to detail helped resolve a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really was no need for negotiation. The pay was based on my years of experience and the rates being paid by their competitives. It was one of the highest offers I'd received.

Financial Care Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2012.

Interview Details I was referred to the company by someone I filled my app out and in about 2 weeks later I received a call I went to my first interview I had to wait 1 hour to be interviewed. Normally two people interview but this time it was just one person they asked me questions like how do you de-escalate a customer and how do you respond if management tells you you're doing something wrong

Interview Question – All questions where standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was no negotiation I called to check the status of my interview and I was told I got the job they just hadn't sent out my acceptance letter it was never a face to face contact to negotiate pay and If I had not knew one of the employees I would not have had the number to call and check they send you a letter with the amount you can make and you either accept or decline no negotiation

Birmingham, AL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details I applied to Tmobile for a Financial Care Representative position in January of (2013. (Birmingham location) The process has been.great.. I took the assessment online after the application..then about one month or so I did a phone interview. Then I schedule my face to face through a link sent to my email. After the face to face a link to hire right was sent to me. ( I know some people have had nightmare experiences with hireright according to online reviews, but I can say that my experience was smooth can't complain) After the background check was complete.(which is extensive).I was offered the position and I start training April 1st. Isn't God great!

Interview Question – Interview was not stressful at all, but be sure you are prepared to answer alot of job related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I was very happy with the offer.

Birmingham, AL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2012.

Interview Details Very laid back process, filled out online application had an in house interview then job shadowed the same day.

Interview Question – Most were straight forward, no tricky questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2012.

Interview Details The interview process went great! The people who worked at T-Mobile were amazingly flexible and worked with my schedule to find a time that we could interview. I greatly appreciated how quickly they responded to all of my voicemails/emails.

Finding the building to interview was very easy and the security guards were friendly in telling me where to wait for my interview. I arrived 20mins early and had to wait till about 10mins after our scheduled time for somebody to greet me. I was interviewed alone, with two TMobile associates. They were very friendly and the interview was conducted in a professional yet relaxed way.

Of course it was a behavioral interview, "Tell me about a time when..." and I was aware of this going into it. They were great listeners and took really good notes because they never had to ask me to repeat myself and they used many of my answers for more than one question, again so I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

Afterwards I was asked to wait another minute in the waiting room while they discussed, then I was informed right away they were moving me through the process and then I was able to listen to some calls with an agent!

The building is VERY nice! On the way to the team I was going to listen in with, I interacted with many associates, all who looked business casual and all who had smiles on their face. I met the assistant director and the two coaches for the team I listened in with, they were all so friendly it made me very happy to see smiles everywhere!

Interview Question – The most difficult question I had to answer was a behavioral question, something to the effect of; Tell us about a time you had to deal with a sudden, significant change in your life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a call about a week and a half after my interview. It took the background check a little bit longer than I had thought, so the waiting was a bit nerve racking. The associate who called my was very friendly, and due to my experience I didn't need to negotiate anything I was very happy with the terms of my employment! Next, I am anxious to find out what schedules they have available once I have completed training.

Financial Care Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2012.

Interview Details When I first walked in, they were very nice and greeted me with a smile. They took me to a room where they sat me down and began asking questions. They asked quite a few questions about how I would react to a situation, why do I think that I'm qualified for the job and so on. After that, they took me to the call center office where i listened to current employees take calls and how they responded to the customers.

Interview Question – When was there a time that you had to meet a goal and how did you go about doing it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasnt any negotiation phase.

Interviews for Top Jobs at T-Mobile

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!

T-Mobile Videos

T-Mobile – Why Work for Us?

Bring customer experiences to life. Each T-Mobile retail store is staffed with team members driven by professionalism and a genuine interest in helping our customers. It’s a dynamic, service-driven atmosphere where no… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T-Mobile Financial Care Representative interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by T-Mobile employees and interview candidates.