T-Mobile Interview Questions in Washington State

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.8

Content Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The two interviewers were completely organized, professional, and friendly. They started by intentionally making me feel at ease, then asked relevant questions, listened carefully, and took notes. They left time for me to ask my own questions, took them seriously, and answered them thoughtfully. The interview took just over an hour.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly situational questions, e.g., "Tell me about a time when you..."   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

T-Mobile employee referred me to the hiring manager. I had one HR phone interview, then 1 phone interview with Director. Was invited in for 3 hour interview session. First hour - 4 employees. Second hour - 3 employees (two via conference call), 3rd - hiring director and additional employee

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral and went into detail about my systems background.   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bothell, WA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Standard - Although the interview was not for the job description that was posted by quite a few agencies. The job was for a CM but was inteviewed for the supervisory position over all the CM's. All considering I think it was a pretty laid back and smooth interview. At this point just waiting to hear back.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

I had this interview through a recruiter. Recruiter was able to get me an interview in two days. Hiring manager called me. The first question was from my resume, what did this application do? I was able to explain. What tools were you using there? I explained about Defect management tool, Pivotal, Rally and QC...he was impressed and said that they are also using Rally and QC. Overall it was more of a conversation than interview. I think it went well except one or two things. He asked me about different headers in HTML and function of F12 key which I was not sure about.... took a while and answered F12 is used to open developer's tool. After 4 days, I heard back from my recruiter that they want to call me for in person interview next week but next day my recruiter called me again and said that unfortunately they are not moving forward with me anymore!

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Process started with application submission through their website. Called within a week for phone screen with sr recruiter. About half an hour on the phone going over my qualifications. Scheduled for phone screen with Hiring Manager. Again, about half an hour.

That went well so interviewed 3 members of the team including hiring manager back to back, not panel style. I thought the interview went well and there were few, if any, typical interview type questions, felt more like a conversation. I have a hunch they have their mind made up after the phone screen+resume and the in person interview is just a chance to see if you fit in.

Was called back about a week later and told that some with more experience was selected. Overall, however, a positive experience. They were extremely organized and professional throughout the process. I would not hesitate to apply again.

Interview Questions

• How would you integrate the service hardware and decisioning hardware?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

Secured interview, met with hiring manager, then with team and CXO. isolated in conference room and managers cycle in and out. Final interview was with senior managers at VP and CXO level in their respective offices. Both were myopic, arrogant, rude. The CXO put me on hold while he answered phone calls for first 10min of interview then he appeared to have a very closed mind about listening to any point of view that did not support his position. He was all theory and no substance. The marketing VP had no creativity. His strategy consisted of lowering prices to grow, but he had no insight into his cost structure or margin- nor did he even seem to care. He displayed no creativity and basically wrote off any idea of differentiated services. He openly denigrated his VAS colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Was not a question it was a statement "we only hire from xyz company"   1 Answer
    • It was a statement " focused on lowering costs to drive organic growth, we cannot do VAS"   1 Answer

Senior Segment Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview - HR (60 mins)
    Phone Interview - Hiring Manager (60-75 mins)
    Consecutive 1:1 Interviews - 5 Directors including Hiring Manager (60-70 mins each x 5)

It was a travel interview and T-Mobile shouldered all the travel expenses, which was appreciated. Disappointed not to have gotten an offer though they said "it was close" it felt the hiring manager already had his decision made even before the interview - and just wanted to go through the process for validation. Met smart, motivated, and professional employees and it was overall a positive experience. Recruitment manager was very sincere and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the next big move for T-Mobile? How would you fund it?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bothell, WA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter who asked me a basic questions and gave me details on the job. Then was setup for a phone screen by an FTE. It was very easy and basic questions about Microsoft Technologies and how I used them. Not a very in depth detailed technical screen like I though. I think it was because they were in a hurry to fill the seat and I had very good Powershell experience at Microsoft. I didn't even get interviewed by my the hiring manager. It was just one coworker which was very surprising.

Interview Questions

• what is DNS?
      What is DHCP?
      What is Active Directory?
      What kind of powershell scripts have you wrote?
      What capacity have you used SCCM?

Answer Question

CRM Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

Initial contact from HR Recruiter w/ a follow-up phone screen. Phone interview w/ hiring manager. On site interview w/ hiring manager + 3 other peers. Next day call from HR looking for salary expectations & negotiations. Electronic offer submitted the day after that.

Interview Questions

• Lots of business case questions. Just focus on how you'd segment, message, offer, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated about 5% higher than their initial offer. Also negotiated a relocation/signing bonus. Was a quick process handled via phone the day after my onsite interviews. Actual offer was sent two days after the onsite interviews.

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

One recruiter got hold of me from monster database. Telephone screening was straight. one case question; what should be the offer price for an used handset? then one sql query with group by and order by. Then to explain difference between inner and outer join.

Interview Questions

• case 1: Three plan 50$ with .5 gb data usage, 60$ with 2 gb data usage, 70$ with 5 gb data usage; what will happen there is only a change 50$ but 1 gb data usage;   Answer Question