T-Mobile

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Store Manager Interview

Retail Store Manager
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process could not have been easier. I was hired after a phone interview only. I was led to believe that I would be promoted quickly, however...and that was not the case.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

CRM Operations Manager Interview

CRM Operations Manager
Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details Initial contact from HR Recruiter w/ a follow-up phone screen. Phone interview w/ hiring manager. On site interview w/ hiring manager + 3 other peers. Next day call from HR looking for salary expectations & negotiations. Electronic offer submitted the day after that.

Interview Question – Lots of business case questions. Just focus on how you'd segment, message, offer, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated about 5% higher than their initial offer. Also negotiated a relocation/signing bonus. Was a quick process handled via phone the day after my onsite interviews. Actual offer was sent two days after the onsite interviews.

Senior Business Analysis Manager Interview

Senior Business Analysis Manager
Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

Interview Details The process is well designed. Recruiter reached out to me about a few similar jobs. Was able to land one with an extremely high-caliber team. Interviewers were smart, professional, kind but challenging. You have to be a strategic thinker while have practical operational experiences in finance, marketing and sales

Interview Question – Very standard BA interview process: (1) recruiter phone conversation; (2) hiring manager phone conversation; (3) Onsite interviews including multiple 1:1s interviews and then a panel interview with 6-8 audience

Won't say it's 'unexpected' but the final onsite interview wasn't easy.
First gone through several 1:1 interviews (both behavior and case interviews) and then gone through a panel interview: I was given 75 mins to create a business case including (1) a detailed financial model (pro-forma); (2) a business case presentation and spent the next 45 mins debating with the team on critical business questions in a panel interview

They will provide raw data to the business case for the panel interview. Pay attention to: pro-forma framework, data integrity, strategic recommendations, and operational flexibility while thinking through the case.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much room to negotiate, but generally satisfied

Designer Interview

Designer
Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2012.

Interview Details Recruiter spoke to me about salary. Then scheduler followed up with times/dates of interview. Then I came in and met with 4 people, for an hour each, one after another. A Director, 2 senior managers, and a copywriter. Several looked at my work, but the other 2 just talked about the job and whether I'd like it and how it compared to what I'd done in the past.

Interview Question – What design trends do you see in websites these days.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The recruiter offered about $10k less than I wanted. I said I was making (in a vague way) in the range of X. And I sounded a little hesitant about the amount she mentioned. She said maybe 5k higher than that. I said it's worth an interview but I'm not sure. They really wanted me so came in at the exact amount I really wanted. 10k above what they'd offered.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Tacoma, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2013.

Interview Details I initially did a short casual interview with the RAM that my friend set up as an employee here. The next day, I had a full interview with the RSM and that was fairly concise with all the regular questions you would expect about applicable sales and customer service background, understanding incentives for commission sales, seeing if your personality was a good fit with the rest of the team, etc. Two weeks later, I got the call asking to accept the position.

Interview Question – Sell me your phone right now.   View Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter
Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2013.

Interview Details I had an hour and a half phone interview after telling the Recruiting Manager that I had laryngitis and a fever. She said she wouldn't take much time and plowed through her list of questions ignoring the fact that I was whispering during the call. This should have been my first clue about her management style.

Interview Question – Do you have childcare set up?
How many children do you have?
  View Answer

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Senior Analytics Manager
Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2014.

Interview Details One recruiter got hold of me from monster database. Telephone screening was straight. one case question; what should be the offer price for an used handset? then one sql query with group by and order by. Then to explain difference between inner and outer join.

Interview Question – case 1: Three plan 50$ with .5 gb data usage, 60$ with 2 gb data usage, 70$ with 5 gb data usage; what will happen there is only a change 50$ but 1 gb data usage;   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

Interview Details The HR Recruiter was Passive/Aggressive and was not to keen in providing detail information on the position as to what team this position supported.

Interview Question – How would I feel being in a room of muti-racial employes   View Answer

QA Test Engineer Interview

QA Test Engineer
Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2014.

Interview Details This was actually a very fast and simple process. After the initial phone screen which lasted less than 20 minutes I was given a 1-1 interview the same week. I met with a senior engineer and a project manager which asked me questions on qa, testing, network and device troubleshooting.

Interview Question – Network related questions concerning TCP/IP and experience with packet sniffing software.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2011.

Interview Details Several rounds of interviews starting with phone screen through panel. Be prepared for many internal acronyms, experience in disruptive tech, media or marketing may be helpful now. Brush up on John Legere's online presence, understand the "uncarrier" movement.

Interview Question – How would you drive SOGA (Share of Gross Ads)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – limited, salary capped. now with stock, it might be different.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!