T. Rowe Price

91 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Operations Interview

Investment Operations

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details Ther were two interviews after I submitted a resume and took a test.

Interview Question – Questions were typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me what I wanted and then I found out I was working nights.

Investment Counselor Interview

Investment Counselor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details Initial screening was on the phone followed by several face to face interviews. The further you go in the process the better your chances. The interview questions were behavioral in nature (i.e. tell me a situation were you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome). Be prepared to go through your resume in detail. More importantly take some time to learn about the company and its business philosophy. This will definitely come up during the interviews.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was during the final interview I was asked to explain Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT). As luck would have it I had just an article the week prior that discussed MPT. I don't believe its a typical interview question, but totally unexpected.   Answer Question

Data & Reporting Analyst Interview

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details This position can consist of 3-4 interviews. One with the recruiter, the hiring manager, their manager, & potentially the head of GIS. The questions are pretty standard as far as T. Rowe interviews go.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The offer was a good offer and I accepted.

Customer Service Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2013.

Interview Details After applying online, if they like your resume they will call you for a phone interview. After the phone interview, you will be given a couple dates/times to interview in person. You also must answer a questionnaire before a certain date.
When you arrive for the interview, dress professionally and be prepared. They take you on a tour of the building, tell you about the company, and then are interview by 2 employees. The ask questions about difficult situations and want you to be specific.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Retail Service Associate Interview

Retail Service Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details Behavior style interviews. Starts with mini-phone interview and then to an in-person 1 hour interview. Tour provided when coming for interview with presentation on core values and benefits of the working here.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you provided feedback to peer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. It is a set starting salary.

Investment Specialist Interview

Investment Specialist
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details Contacted by firm recruiter who found my resume online. She asked me basic questions about my past experience, what I liked/disliked about my current role, and why I was looking to make a move. One in person interview with two sales supervisors. They asked a variety of behavioral style questions to assess my sales and consultative skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to change the way a client thought to make a sale.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but there is room to do so for those with licensing and experience.

Fixed Income Summer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2013.

Interview Details I applied on their site, they emailed me back within a couple of hours and set up a phone interview. It was entirely a fit more or less.

Interview Question – It says you've done linear algebra, what can you do on MatLab?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details How have you developed someone?

Negotiation Details – Nothing- no negotiation

Manager Interview

Manager
Owings Mills, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details Behavioral style interview
Business casual environment
Worked mostly with recruiter and HR
Don't negotiate salaries

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details I had three rounds of interview. First a phone interview with Human Resources. 2 months later I had a day with 5 interviews back to back with different people throughout the department including my soon to be manager. Last, an interview with the President of the department who really sold me on working their and help me put into perspective what T. Rowe was offering vs what other companies had to offer.

Interview Question – All the questions were the typical tell me about a time when... No market or technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had another offer from a different company on the table so they had to meet that offer for me to come and they did.

Interviews for Top Jobs at T. Rowe Price