T. Rowe Price Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2014

2.8

Investment Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2013.

I attended an on-campus interview and am still waiting to hear regarding whether or not I have an offer. The interview was straightforward and was comprised of mostly behavioral questions, though I was asked a few basic mental math questions.

The head of the Investment Fellowship program interviewed, alongside a previous member of the Investment Fellowship. Overall their demeanor was great and I had no problem asking them my questions.

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in September 2013.

Met recruiter at the career fair and gave resume. I then was told to apply online and recruiter was going to match the resumes she got at the career fair to the ones online. I got a call and went into their office the following week. The process consisted of 4 different interviewers each interviewing for a half hour and then switching. All behavioral questions were asked. "Tell me a time when..." It is now going on 5 weeks and never heard anything from the company.

Associate Interview

Campus recruiting, interviews at the company, and an offer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

The hiring started at my college. This lead to a phone interview. After a tour of the office and introduction PowerPoint presentation, you will probably interview with 2 employees: typically 2 supervisors. The interview primarily deals with behavioral style questions. They're looking for specific questions and detailed answers. "What was your thought process?" Interviews are about an hour long. They're looking for a good story teller. Also, be prepared to answer the "why you" in other words- why should we choose you.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you: motivated a team, accomplished a goal, dealt with a complicated client issue.   View Answer
    Not a negotiating firm.

Personal Services Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

T. Rowe Price hires internally for most of their positions. I started in the Retail Investment Services group and then was asked to apply for the Personal Services group (High Dollar Value). Interview process is pretty straight-forward behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time when..." This department focuses on service excellence and sales, so the questions center around times that you provided particularly good service or when you were able to uncover an 'unstated need' AKA sales opportunity and help a client there.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Unfortunately, T. Rowe basically knows who they are going to promote before they interview. If interviewing externally, then be prepared for questions that ask about collaboration and cooperation. Be cautious of questions that seem to ask about times you did something without prompting or direction, because they don't want people who are TOO independent.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay structure is fixed and there is little (perhaps none) room for negotiation for non-exempt employees.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in August 2013.

Applied online via my school's career job board. Heard back few days later to come in for an interview. There were five interviews with three PMs, one trader and another analyst. The interviews were relaxed and very informal. No tough questions, mostly fit. I was asked weird and inappropriate questions by the trader though. Like, about my relationship status etc. When I asked him if how he felt about the company, he said that he hated it except for the benefits. Other than that one interviewer, everyone else seemed normal.

Interview Questions

Decided to go with a different company

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

All members of the team seemed easy going but also very interested in their work. Six separate members of the group served as interviewers.

COSS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2013.

Applied online through a referral which apparently help ALOT. Got a call a few weeks later and was interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. He then invited me for an interview on their campus. Got a basic "orientation" for what the company is and offers, and a brush up on what they were looking for. Then interviewed with 2 supervisors. It was 100% behavioral. Got a call a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical "tell me a time when..." questions. Probably was around 7-8 of them. Study up.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Retirement Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Completed a phone interview first, then interviewed on-site with two managers. The questions were behavioral; nothing difficult but designed to see how well you will fit into the culture and what the company stands for.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to do a role-play during the interview. It wasn't difficult, just unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Investment Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Ther were two interviews after I submitted a resume and took a test.

Interview Questions
    They gave me what I wanted and then I found out I was working nights.