T. Rowe Price

Updated 15 Jan 2015

2.8

Solution Consultant/Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2014.

Recruited via LinkedIn by HR associate within the firm. Interview consistent of two phone interviews and an in person interview with the hiring manager, individual contributors within the team and several round table interviews with various department managers.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were related to past solution delivery experience and the ability to demonstrate through example, successful internal marketing and technology client's needs and the results.   View Answer
    Received HR offer letter. Discussed and renegotiated salary, in alignment with personal goals & industry average based on experience. HR adjusted salary offer.

Investment Guidance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Contacted by T.Rowe within two weeks of applying. Typical phone interview conducted by HR lasting about 45 minutes. Invited for second round involving behavioral, psychological and overall intelligence battery of tests/exams. Third round involved 2 person panel interview. Fourth round is where they extend to you the job.

Interview Questions
    • None, pretty run-of-the-mill STAR format. (Situation, Task, Action, and Result)   Answer Question
    No negotiations, you either take it or leave it.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I submitted my resume through campus recruiting. The interview was pretty standard; nothing out of expectations. Two female associates interviewed me and wrote down my answers. I guess they were not the ones to decide if I were hired or not. The interview was pretty laid back and lasted for half an hour. They called back about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the best and worst thing about teamwork? What was the greatest challenge you've encountered and how have you overcome it?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in February 2014.

I first came in contact at a career fair at the university in currently attending. I applied through my university's career development program (sending a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript), and got a call back for an interview.

A interviewer came on campus, and I interviewed for about 45 minutes. I honestly thought I did poorly in it though (just a mulligan of an interview). They said I would hear back in about 2 weeks for a second interview if I was selected but I didn't hear back, I figured I didn't get selected for the second round.

Two months later, I received an email from their HR department asking me to fill out a more thorough interview to "complete your interview process." I thought that was weird because I hadn't heard from them in two months, but I did so. Two days later, I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why investment operations?
      Why T. Rowe Price?
      Biggest weaknesses?

Answer Question
    No negotiation, as it is an internship.

Transaction Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I received an immediate response to the resume/application I submitted. They set up a phone interview. They asked questions about the resume and experience. Basically repeating what was already in front if them.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a boss or co worker and how did you resolve it."   Answer Question

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD (US)

interviewed at T. Rowe Price in December 2013.

I sent a resume to a friend who worked for the company, who passed it along to the head recruiter. About a month later I got a call to interview. I went to their office for an interview with a manager that lasted close to an hour. All the questions were behavioral based- very generic ones. Since I was one of the first people they interviewed, it took a little over two months for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you think you would be a fit for this particular position?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

There was an initial phone interview. I was then brought in for a second round interview and got a call back the next day with an offer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Was supposed to interview with immediate supervisor, then hiring manager. The first was a 35-minute phone interview that went well. The second was supposed to be on-site, but the recruiter called three hours before and said not to bother coming in -- they'd talk to me by phone. Interview was very short and abrupt.

Interview Questions
    • Used their own internal lingo -- luckily I understood what they meant from the context.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Standard behavioral first interview, about thirty minutes. Brought me to their campus for two more thirty minute interviews, one more technical, the other more just for fit and personality. Starting salary is EH at best but a good starting point for further promotion

Interview Questions
    • "Why are you here and why is this job a good fit for you"?   Answer Question

Location, starting salary (better offer)

All Positions Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Behavorial style interview, be prepared to share specific/detailed stories

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you shared a opinion that was not popular   Answer Question

Doesnt pay as much as similar companies in the area