TE Connectivity Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

2.8

Student Placement Energy Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TE Connectivity (London, England) in July 2014.

Interview

Written application: VC and cover letter. Got an invitation for the interview.
    It had two stages:
    1. Stage: interview 30 minutes with the direct manager and HR Director
    2. Stage: excel exercise that needed to use Pivot tables

Interview Questions

• General questions:
      Why am I applying?
      To give example of teamwork
      About myself based on my CV and of course experience .

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TE Connectivity in July 2013.

Interview

The internship post was listed on my university department's job board. I applied with my CV by email. About one month later they processed applications, and I received a call inviting me for a telephone interview. The telephone interview was relaxed, and after, I was invited for a final interview in person at one of their offices. There, I was interviewed by various team members while touring the site, and asked some questions about their products to test my observation and critical thinking skills. I met current employees in the position who I could discuss their experiences with. Overall, the team made it a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• At one stage in the interview, I was handed some materials manufactured by the company and told to report on my observations   Answer Question

Placement Year Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

Interview Questions

• At one stage in the interview, I was handed some materials manufactured by the company and told to report on my observations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Most details for the position (e.g. salary) were listed in the advert before I applied. I found these terms agreeable.

Contracts Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

Great bunch of people. Asked questions about my goals, aspirations, and what I would like out of the job. Very understanding of my viewpoints on a lot of various issues. Asked questions about how I would tackle certain problems, and what I was or was not comfortable with doing (phone calls, arguing, "being right")

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

Interview was very laid back. 3 interviewers and asked very general questions about your resume. Some behavioral questions were included but were just the normal. The people were very nice and created a good interview atmosphere.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

Contacted by phone for an on site interview. Interviewed by various people from different department, went through the resume and some behavioral questions. Interviewers were nice, but didn't hear back from them after interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

Phone Interview that asked questions based on challenges in previous work, and how you overcame them. Interests in accounting, and TE overall. Was a 30 minute phone call. Overall, person I talked to was very friendly to speak with.

Interview Questions

• Challenges in previous work, and how you overcame them   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TE Connectivity (Harrisburg, PA (US)).

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter. After a couple of weeks I was contacted for a phone interview, then 2 weeks later a final on site interview was scheduled. The final interview had multiple 30 minute interviews with various managers, included a lunch with younger analyst. Each interviewer showcased a lot of excitement for the company

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TE Connectivity (Greensboro, NC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was welcomed in a room full of engineers who work at the plant. They each had a copy of my resume and they asked me questions about my resume. They wanted to know very basic info about my experiences and skills. It was a very laid back interview and they just want to get to know you and learn more about you. It is important to ask them question because it shows you care. Then they show you around the company plant and teach you about what goes on in the plant.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

I applied for the position at my campuses career fair and received a call the next day for a first round behavioral interview with a few analytical questions. A week later I received another call for a phone interview with 4 of my prospective managers. During the hour long interview I was asked more general behavioral questions from each of the managers.

Interview Questions

• How would you decrease the lead time for a specific component?   Answer Question