TEKsystems Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
313 interviews

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

I was contacted only a day or two after applying for the position. The process consisted of phone and in person interviews. The questions seemed pretty basic, nothing too odd. Overall the process was fairly quick and easy.

Interview Questions
    I did not need to negotiate anything.

Contractor Interview

Always go through the motions of getting people into the system, but I never hear anything from them after that. I've dealt with them on and off for 15 years.

Many Different Positions In IT &/Or Construction Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2014.

Everyone I talked to in the office, was nice. The consultant was nice, but after months of looking for a job, my information has been dropped & haven't had any calls from them.

Interview Questions
    • How well do I work with different areas of IT?   View Answer

IT Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

The corporate recruiters are very friendly and want to know mostly about your personal life. They do focus on your career and education, but seem very rigid and not flexible on understanding different types of backgrounds and job history. They seem to hate job hopping, but some industries, that is the norm and the TEK recruiters dont seem to understand that not everyone is the same and not every industry is the same. Some jobs it is bad to change, but every industry is different. I feel the recruiters are looking for a very particular type of person to be with their company. Not very open to all different types of qualified applicants, and this can be a negative thing for them and miss out on hiring a great recruiter for the company.

Be prepared as a recruiter to work very long hours sometimes, usually around 730am until 630 pm. Not the best career for a work life balance. I sort of felt like I was interviewing with robots though because they seem so cut and dry, its black or white. There is nothing in the middle or flexible with them.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward, not hard.   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lincolnshire, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

The hiring process for this recruiter is very murky and they will not be straightforward with you at any time. I feel that they took me for a ride. I had a phone screening then a face to face interview. I was very optimistic that I made an excellent impression. The feedback they gave me did not make any sense, in fact it was ruled out by their own job description and what I heard by the lead network engineer. Either it wasn't a real job and just got paid to bring in candidates or there was some discrimination involved.

IT Position Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

They did set up interviews for me but I felt that they really didn't have my qualifications at heart to find me a good fit. It seems this company is looking to fill positions that no one in their right mind would fill due to the low starting pay and or work environment.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Phone screen with regional recruiter. In-house interview with DBO (Director of Business Operations). Half-day job shadow interview with recruiters, AM's. Panel interview with 2 account managers. Pretty easy interviews however the panel was pretty grueling with them just trying to make you feel bad.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the hardest time you've gone through in life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. 30k base unless your in Cali or the East Coast.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

The interview process was awesome and very interactive. Initial phone screen is very basic. If you pass that you go onto a one on one with the DBO. He digs into your background but the questions are pretty basic. Next comes the fun part, a half day shadow in the office. This is still an interview so act accordingly.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Greensboro, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

The interview process with TEKsystems began by being contacted by one of their internal recruiters who had found my profile on LinkedIn. She scheduled an over the phone interview that she would conduct herself. I was asked to watch a few videos before the interview to get a better idea of the position and company culture. These videos were located on the company's main webpage. The interview was very painless and she was very personable. It focused largely on the position and how I felt my experience would contribute to the responsibilities. Afterwards she scheduled me for a face to face interview with the branch manager. Before the interview with the branch manager I was asked to contact two current employees and ask them a series of questions to gain a better idea about the position. The interview was conducted by the branch manager, an account manager, and a recruiter at the same time. I was asked to give my life story, beginning with birth. It was very personal and uncomfortable. We then discussed the position in more detail. It was made clear that traditional work weeks were considered 60-70 hours per week. I believe they could tell that those hours were beyond my expectations and within a few hours after the interview the branch manager contacted me to let me know that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions were very personal. For example, I was asked how I had paid for my masters degree which I answered but felt was very personal and irrelevant to the position. Many questions also revolved around sales techniques.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Be yourself and know your stuff. Be confident in your abilities and what you want out of a job. The requiters will work with you to find that perfect job.

Interview Questions

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!