TEKsystems

Getting the Interview

268 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2013.

Interview Details Very thorough phone and in person interviews. After you "pass the test", you must complete a half-shadow day to see if you fit in well enough to be added to the team.

Interview Question – What was your biggest obstacle and what have you learned from it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took a better paying job with a competing firm in Toronto.

Recruiter Interview

Overland Park, KS (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2014.

Interview Details There was a bit of a mix up on my initial interview scheduling. I had already scheduled for a face-to-face interview but got another call to set a phone interview. It turned out to not be a big deal and I just did both. It gave me an extra contact in the company and I got to talk to more people and gain a better understanding for what the position was and what was expected. It was smooth sailing after that though. The half day interview was a bit overwhelming but really gave me a chance to see how I would fit into the culture and if it was the right company for me. One of the best interview experiences I've had!

Interview Question – What is your biggest fear in the work place and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Contacted by a Recruiter, had a phone screening and then an in-person interview that lasted an hour and a half with the Sales Director. After this, I was brought in for a half-day interview where I met almost the entire office, had a panel interview where I had to role play, and went to lunch with two recruiters.

Interview Question – "Why do you want an MBA?" and "When is the last time you did something nice for someone"   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2013.

Interview Details It was pretty fast. Only telephonic interview took 1 week time, rest of the process was so quick.

Interview Question – Can't think of anything at this moment.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details There is no inter view from tek side.
Only the process will be held by the client.

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details It was a pleasure to find that TEKsystems regularly seeks a face-to-face interview with Consultants (even virtually), in an effort to get better acquainted with each candidate. They also explained during the initial interview that even in preparation for being placed, during the assignment and after the assignment, they take the initiative to make sure that each Consultant is more qualified (even through basic training) and has a good experience while on assingment. I would definitely recommend TEKsystems and use them again when seeking employment in the future.

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details Contacted after applying online. Three phone interview, then an in person half day interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you stepped out of your comfort zone   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Very satisfied with the interview process. The recruiting manager I worked with was very prompt and answered all my questions patiently. From application to offer it took about 4 weeks. Had technical interview, and 2 rounds of interviews with the Director who is the final decision maker. Overall the interview process and experience was good. They tested in the key areas of 1) Business Skills/Soft Skills/Customer Interaction Experience, 2) Architecture and Solutions Design Skills and 3) Onsite/Offshore Co-ordination and how good I would work in a team etc.

Interview Question – Expectation on Administration in addition to Solutions Design/Development.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the Designation and got one level higher than what was offered as what I asked is the one that would fit my experience and previous designation. I couldn't get higher salary that what was offered.

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2012.

Interview Details TEKsystems is looking for people who want to eventually move into a sales role. Communicating that is essential for attaining the role. The process generally moves from phone screen with the internal, to onsite with the director of the office, to a half-day panel interview with recruiters and account managers from the office.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in sales/what do you know about sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, all compensation is set in stone for entry level candidates. I have heard of other recruiters with industry experience being able to negotiate for a higher base.

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2013.

Interview Details The following has to be done: Drug screening, interview with TEKsystems, interface prep, interview with hiring manager, background check.

Interview Question – Database related experience related questions. Be on your game with past knowledge of HL7 infrastructure and healthcare terms.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward with the salary requirements. travel expenses to be covered by TEKsystems instead of having to go through reimbursements.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TEKsystems

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TEKsystems interview questions and advice. All 268 interview reviews are posted anonymously by TEKsystems employees and interview candidates.