TEKsystems

Updated 2 Mar 2015
Updated 2 Mar 2015

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Received phone call from TEKsystems about a month ago on jobs that are clearly not matching my profile. After a while got a phone call about a job that is about to be (most likely) posted a few days later. I picked up the phone and spent a little chat with recruiter.

Findings:
    Technical recruiter did not know anything about the field.
    Had no idea about the team size/composition
    Had no idea about software methodologies etc (Agile/Scrum). They could very well be omelette types.
    and tried to ask for references for a job that may or may not exist.

This showed me lack of quality that can come out of process and I did not continue the process.

Companies who are reading this: Interview your assigned TEKsystems technical recruiters... you will find them lacking.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me two references for a Job posting I may or may not get even though I called you four times?   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

emailed with the HR recruiter, and had two separate phone calls with two recruiters. The interview process was very typical and they did not seem too interested in really getting to know me. I did not end up receiving a final interview in person. The benefits and company culture seemed satisfactory. They have many offices around the country and I was most interested in Orlando or the Raleigh Durham research triangle area.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

standard sit down interview. Asked many different questions about the company and what I knew about it. Also asked about my past history with jobs as well as with school. Asked about what I had heard about the company as well.

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems.

You are brought into a room with one person conducting the interview and another individual observing and asking a series of questions pertaining to the job you are applying for like any other interview. Nothing felt forced.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions about previous employment and relevant work experience.   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

I approached TEKsystems at my college career fair. I had an on campus interview the next day and was sent an online test/background info that I had to fill out within 24-48 hours. The interview was really about making sure you want to go into sales and sales is what you're passionate for. The lady interviewing me literally asked me why I would be good at sales 5 times and expected 5 different answers, and "being a people person" wasn't a good enough answer for them. I haven't gotten an offer yet, but I accepted a second round interview in their office in Chicago.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

This was such a bizarre interview process. I literally have phone calls to talk about "grinding" and all the hard work I *probably* wasn't ready for like 5 times. I went to lunch with employees, shadowed a few people, had more one-on-ones, and STILL hadn't gotten a yes or no. For a company that recruits as a passion, you'd think they would learn how to make it a simpler process for those involved. I traveled SEVERAL times across the state to be at these interviews, and it was frustrating that I kept having to come back, have hour long phonecalls, or sit through lunch-interviews.

I finally just told them I found a position somewhere else, which I had, after several weeks of getting 0 positive remarks from Teksystems.

Don't exhaust your potential hires. It was frustrating and confusing that they were obviously interested in me, but were not fully committed. I don't want to me involved with an indecisive company such as this.

IT Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

There were questions mostly about your personality and how you work in a team. I went through an initial phone screening with a recruiter, phone interview, and finally an in person interview after filling out an online profile. The in person interview itself took about an hour. They mostly wanted you to get them to engage (cause it's sales.)

Sales/Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

Brief Phone call then 2nd stage in person interview. I was a little worried when the Office Manger did not show up instead I was handed off to his associates who were very nice but still unnerving. The interview took about an hour at which point I ask 4-5 questions and did not mention their competitors at which point they told me that I did not research about the other companies which had me confused because they did not ask me any questions about the other companies. Also that I interviewed with them too early in my job searching process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a co worker who disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

The process was simple and straight forward. Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews and a shadow. You interview with you Managers, a Senior manager, and a Regional Controller.The panel interview was kind of awkward with one person asking most of the questions and having the other people chime in every so often.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

standard interview with some deeper questions. wanted to know why sales, about extra-curricular activities in university. why sales? what I like about current job, what I don't like. why I wanted to work for teksystems.