TEKsystems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Many Different Positions In IT &/Or Construction Interview

Many Different Positions In IT &/Or Construction
Omaha, NE (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2014.

Interview Details Everyone I talked to in the office, was nice. The consultant was nice, but after months of looking for a job, my information has been dropped & haven't had any calls from them.

Interview Question – How well do I work with different areas of IT?   View Answer

IT Recruiter Interview

IT Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

Interview Details The corporate recruiters are very friendly and want to know mostly about your personal life. They do focus on your career and education, but seem very rigid and not flexible on understanding different types of backgrounds and job history. They seem to hate job hopping, but some industries, that is the norm and the TEK recruiters dont seem to understand that not everyone is the same and not every industry is the same. Some jobs it is bad to change, but every industry is different. I feel the recruiters are looking for a very particular type of person to be with their company. Not very open to all different types of qualified applicants, and this can be a negative thing for them and miss out on hiring a great recruiter for the company.

Be prepared as a recruiter to work very long hours sometimes, usually around 730am until 630 pm. Not the best career for a work life balance. I sort of felt like I was interviewing with robots though because they seem so cut and dry, its black or white. There is nothing in the middle or flexible with them.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty straight forward, not hard.   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

Interview Details The hiring process for this recruiter is very murky and they will not be straightforward with you at any time. I feel that they took me for a ride. I had a phone screening then a face to face interview. I was very optimistic that I made an excellent impression. The feedback they gave me did not make any sense, in fact it was ruled out by their own job description and what I heard by the lead network engineer. Either it wasn't a real job and just got paid to bring in candidates or there was some discrimination involved.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

IT Position Interview

IT Position

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

Interview Details They did set up interviews for me but I felt that they really didn't have my qualifications at heart to find me a good fit. It seems this company is looking to fill positions that no one in their right mind would fill due to the low starting pay and or work environment.

Interview Question – what are your strengths   View Answer

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Phone screen with regional recruiter. In-house interview with DBO (Director of Business Operations). Half-day job shadow interview with recruiters, AM's. Panel interview with 2 account managers. Pretty easy interviews however the panel was pretty grueling with them just trying to make you feel bad.

Interview Question – Tell me about the hardest time you've gone through in life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 30k base unless your in Cali or the East Coast.

Technical Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details The interview process was awesome and very interactive. Initial phone screen is very basic. If you pass that you go onto a one on one with the DBO. He digs into your background but the questions are pretty basic. Next comes the fun part, a half day shadow in the office. This is still an interview so act accordingly.

Interview Question – Hardest feedback you have ever given and recieved   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

Interview Details The interview process with TEKsystems began by being contacted by one of their internal recruiters who had found my profile on LinkedIn. She scheduled an over the phone interview that she would conduct herself. I was asked to watch a few videos before the interview to get a better idea of the position and company culture. These videos were located on the company's main webpage. The interview was very painless and she was very personable. It focused largely on the position and how I felt my experience would contribute to the responsibilities. Afterwards she scheduled me for a face to face interview with the branch manager. Before the interview with the branch manager I was asked to contact two current employees and ask them a series of questions to gain a better idea about the position. The interview was conducted by the branch manager, an account manager, and a recruiter at the same time. I was asked to give my life story, beginning with birth. It was very personal and uncomfortable. We then discussed the position in more detail. It was made clear that traditional work weeks were considered 60-70 hours per week. I believe they could tell that those hours were beyond my expectations and within a few hours after the interview the branch manager contacted me to let me know that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – Several questions were very personal. For example, I was asked how I had paid for my masters degree which I answered but felt was very personal and irrelevant to the position. Many questions also revolved around sales techniques.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Be yourself and know your stuff. Be confident in your abilities and what you want out of a job. The requiters will work with you to find that perfect job.

Interview Question – What are your greatest weaknesses   View Answer

Technical Recruiter

I applied online and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Started with a phone interview, pretty standard stuff, not too hard. Was forwarded to an in-person interview the next week with a branch manager. Also fairly standard with some of the same questions, but he was a little intense and really tried to delve into my answers. Definitely some "off-script" moments.

Interview Question – If I c alled your friend and/or old boss, what would they say is the best/worst thing about you? Similar to strengths/weakness question but framed differently.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the Sourcing Specialist position through Ryerson University. However, I got an interview for the Technical Recruiter instead because they had already hired someone internally for the Sourcing Specialist.

I got a reply within the week I applied. I had a phone interview that goes over the basics of the position and they really wanted to know more about me and if I fit within the organization.

Interview Question – Why do you want a career in sales?   Answer Question

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!