TEKsystems

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Phone screen with regional recruiter. In-house interview with DBO (Director of Business Operations). Half-day job shadow interview with recruiters, AM's. Panel interview with 2 account managers. Pretty easy interviews however the panel was pretty grueling with them just trying to make you feel bad.

Interview Question – Tell me about the hardest time you've gone through in life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 30k base unless your in Cali or the East Coast.

Technical Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details The interview process was awesome and very interactive. Initial phone screen is very basic. If you pass that you go onto a one on one with the DBO. He digs into your background but the questions are pretty basic. Next comes the fun part, a half day shadow in the office. This is still an interview so act accordingly.

Interview Question – Hardest feedback you have ever given and recieved   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter

I applied online and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Started with a phone interview, pretty standard stuff, not too hard. Was forwarded to an in-person interview the next week with a branch manager. Also fairly standard with some of the same questions, but he was a little intense and really tried to delve into my answers. Definitely some "off-script" moments.

Interview Question – If I c alled your friend and/or old boss, what would they say is the best/worst thing about you? Similar to strengths/weakness question but framed differently.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the Sourcing Specialist position through Ryerson University. However, I got an interview for the Technical Recruiter instead because they had already hired someone internally for the Sourcing Specialist.

I got a reply within the week I applied. I had a phone interview that goes over the basics of the position and they really wanted to know more about me and if I fit within the organization.

Interview Question – Why do you want a career in sales?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2011.

Interview Details There were two phone screens and two in person interviews. One being a half day. All interviews were at least an thirty minutes long. Dress professionally when doing both in person interviews. That is an essential part of the process.

Interview Question – Life Story   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No your bottom line

Nashville, TN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details I found the job posting online and emailed the recruiter who posted it. She responded almost immediately with plenty of literature on the company and the position. She called the next morning as well, so you won't be waiting around long to hear back. The phone conversation was largely behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you overcame adversity, a time you were most proud of yourself, a time when you accomplished something, tell me about a time when you accomplished a goal and how you did it, etc. But I would not recommend the position if you are not 100% about sales, or can't convey that strongly to an interviewer. You need to very clearly explain to them that you are competitive and a very driven salesperson and a team player (if in fact you are of course) and why. Be extremely confident throughout the whole interview, it's very important to them. Side note: It is an office job averaging 55 phone calls a day, and you don't leave your desk often.

Interview Question – You like to build relationships and have great customer service skills in regards to sales, but why do you want to be in sales? (I thought that was as far as I would need to go)   View Answer

Technical Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details Was called about setting up a phone interview the day after applying. The interviewer seemed more focused on my lack of extracurriculars in college than any of my skills. Within the interview I asked the exact details of the position, which included very long hours and spending breaks and after work dinners with clients. I realized at that point that I was not interested in the position. However, it did not matter. I was told they were conducting other interviews and would contact me within the next few days to tell me the outcome. I was never contacted.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a recruiter? ( Be sure to have a thorough explanation of why you applied.)
What 3 things motivate you?
  Answer Question

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2013.

Interview Details Very thorough phone and in person interviews. After you "pass the test", you must complete a half-shadow day to see if you fit in well enough to be added to the team.

Interview Question – What was your biggest obstacle and what have you learned from it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took a better paying job with a competing firm in Toronto.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Contacted by a Recruiter, had a phone screening and then an in-person interview that lasted an hour and a half with the Sales Director. After this, I was brought in for a half-day interview where I met almost the entire office, had a panel interview where I had to role play, and went to lunch with two recruiters.

Interview Question – "Why do you want an MBA?" and "When is the last time you did something nice for someone"   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2012.

Interview Details TEKsystems is looking for people who want to eventually move into a sales role. Communicating that is essential for attaining the role. The process generally moves from phone screen with the internal, to onsite with the director of the office, to a half-day panel interview with recruiters and account managers from the office.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in sales/what do you know about sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, all compensation is set in stone for entry level candidates. I have heard of other recruiters with industry experience being able to negotiate for a higher base.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!