TEKsystems

Getting the Interview

50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2013.

Interview Details Very thorough phone and in person interviews. After you "pass the test", you must complete a half-shadow day to see if you fit in well enough to be added to the team.

Interview Question – What was your biggest obstacle and what have you learned from it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took a better paying job with a competing firm in Toronto.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Contacted by a Recruiter, had a phone screening and then an in-person interview that lasted an hour and a half with the Sales Director. After this, I was brought in for a half-day interview where I met almost the entire office, had a panel interview where I had to role play, and went to lunch with two recruiters.

Interview Question – "Why do you want an MBA?" and "When is the last time you did something nice for someone"   Answer Question

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details Contacted after applying online. Three phone interview, then an in person half day interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you stepped out of your comfort zone   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2012.

Interview Details TEKsystems is looking for people who want to eventually move into a sales role. Communicating that is essential for attaining the role. The process generally moves from phone screen with the internal, to onsite with the director of the office, to a half-day panel interview with recruiters and account managers from the office.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in sales/what do you know about sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, all compensation is set in stone for entry level candidates. I have heard of other recruiters with industry experience being able to negotiate for a higher base.

Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Had a phone interview, then in- person. The phone interview was pretty typical. The in- person interview took almost an hour and a half and the hiring manager really wants to get to know you, asking personal questions. Everyone who I came in contact with was very nice and seemed like they really liked their job,

Interview Question – Explain a time when you failed and what you did to make it better?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Very personal. Get to know yourself before interivewing.

Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Varies based on each individual's situation

Interview Question – You are expected to be able to open up and share personal details   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Phone interview, Recruiter was 15 minutes late to call. Very rude on the phone, asked who I have been interviewing with and what offers I have received so far. Asked questions about what success meant to me and what my goals were. Was told my resume would be sent to a hiring manager, but I never heard anything back from either of them. Kinda Unprofessional.

Interview Question – All average questions, what motivates you to be successful, how would you define success.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied and sent my resume online and quickly heard back from a recruiter. Had a telephone interview with her where they dug into my background, previous places of employment, what went wrong at those previous jobs, my work ethic, etc. Be mindful that this is a staffing agency so they will dig deep into your background and will find out and verify everything. If you lie, they will find out as it is their job to weed out people who are not qualified for a position. I was given immediate feedback as to how I did and then we set a time for me to go to the office and meet/interview with the manager of the office in my city.

The interview with the manager of the office was pretty intense, but not unbearable. Majority of the questions had to do with my work ethic and the type of person I am. You could tell the goal was to not only find someone who would work hard but also someone who would fit in well with the employees who were already there (they are really big on the company culture and the office dynamic). The questions were tough but only because the typical/perfect answer was not accepted. I really had to dig deep and be honest with myself and the manager of the office. Again, I received immediate feedback and we set a time for me to come in for my panel interview.

The panel interview included 4-5 managers in a room and they each tag teamed asking questions. Most of the questions were ones that had already been asked by either the recruiter or the manager of the office. The key to this is making sure your answers are all consistent. It is important to be professional but also be yourself because one of these people could potentially be your direct supervisor. They informed me of what the next steps would be and let me know to be on the lookout for a call from the manager of the office. I received a call a day or so later that let me know what the managers thought of me and my interview. Once given that feedback we set up a time for me to come in for my half day interview.

The half day was laid back, but remember that it is still an interview. I started with a recruiter who showed me some of the tools I would be using if offered a position. I stayed with them until the morning meeting. It was very interesting to be able to be a fly on the wall and see exactly what a typical work day would consist of. Shortly after the meeting I had several mini interviews with different managers. It was weird because unlike the previous interviews I did not receive immediate feedback. Once all of the mini interviews were over I went to a one-on-one lunch with the manager of the office to debrief. We discussed how I think things went and what the next steps would be from there.

Shortly after I was called back by the manager of the office and offered a position.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses, not including "I take on too much work" and "I don't know when to stop working"?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but everything was reasonable so I didn't see the need for negotiation.

Technical Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2013.

Interview Details One of the longest interview process I've encountered. First step is to apply online and if your resume/application gets selected, you will receive an email/phone call from the internal recruiter. Your first interview will be with the internal recruiter. Takes about 30-40 mins and it's nothing out of the norm. If you are selected to move on to the next step, you will then have a face to face interview with the Director of the branch you are applying for. The face to face interview was the easiest and most relaxed for me. The Director pretty much wants to know your personality. He will ask you questions from your childhood, high school, college and work life. Demonstrating diversity and perseverance will score you big points. This will last about 30mins to an hour. If the Director feels that you're a good fit, he will invite you back to do a 1/2 day interview with the company. The 1/2 day interview will last from 8-1:00pm. You will get a chance to see the day to day duties of the recruiters. You will first attend their morning meeting, then you will go into a panel interview that will consist of 2-3 Account Managers. The managers will have a list of behavioral questions they take turn asking you. All the questions will start with "Describe a time..., Tell me a time or Show me how you demonstrated." After the panel interview, you will then spend your time again with the recruiters. Around lunch time, one or two recruiters will take you out to lunch. It's a little more relaxed, but still keep in mind that they are still trying to feel you out so really show your personality and what you can contribute to the team. After lunch, your 1/2 day interview is pretty much over. The Director told me he will make a decision over the weekend and call me. This is the aggravating process; they will take their sweet time in the making the decision. So you will move fast in the interviewing process, but getting the job part will be the longest. Make sure you stay persistent and patient. Follow up with thank you emails and call the director. I finally got in touch with the Director and I was scheduled to have another lunch with him and an Account Manager for a final impression. After the lunch, I got a job offer about 3 days later. This company is really big on cultural fit. Each person you meet with must like you because you spend majority of your time working with each other.

Interview Question – What is one ethical value you honored the most? And tell me a time where you have to bend that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base salary plus commission. Not negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TEKsystems

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TEKsystems Technical Recruiter interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by TEKsystems employees and interview candidates.