THINK Together Interview Questions

Updated 4 Apr 2015

2.4

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

Applied online and called for an interview within 5 days. The interview was with a panel of site coordinators. before my interviiew I was instructed that I would be expected to deliver a lesson plan and that the interviewers would act as if they were children. Before I delivered the lesson plan I was asked a few situational questions. I then delivered a lesson plan.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to be safe in an after school environment? Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

The interview was two parts--behavioral and a teaching portion.

In the first half, the interviewers ask about educational background, interests, and situational scenarios gauging how one would act in a situation with children.

During the latter half of the interview, I presented a "lesson plan" that I had planned prior to the interview. Here, they were judging my ability to engage the audience and effectively communicate. They were very friendly and were not intimidating!

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if an angry parent approached you?   Answer Question

Sub Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

If you can pass a simple math and spelling test and give a coherent lesson plan trying to teach something age appropriate they will take you on. First, you come in and take the skills test and come back for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about any past experience with kids or teaching experience with some details.   1 Answer

Program Leader Interview

Interview

For the interview you need to do a basic math and reading test and prepare a small lesson. It is not a very long process and I got hired that same day. Since they have such a high turnover rate, they are desperate for employees. They do a background check and training begins soon after you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you turned a negative situation into a positive one.   Answer Question

Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

1. Fill out the application online that includes: Past employers, references, and cover letter
    2. Phone Interview
    3. Face to Face Interview, with two QAC/T (quality assurance trainer), who will be your supervisor
    4. If all goes well on #3, it will be followed with second interview with two other people, the General Manager and a senior staff member.
    5. If all goes well on #4, it is followed by being interviewed by the principal of the school, who makes the final decision to see if you both will be a match

Interview Questions

• Many scenario type questions such as; How would you handle a conflict between two people? How have you handled a situation when a person is being rude to a parent? How would you connect with the parents? How would you connect with the program leaders?

In essence, many "what would you do?" type questions.

Tip: Provide examples and relax.

Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together (San Bernardino, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied 2 weeks before I received a notification about a pre-employment test. Pre-employment tests are on-site in their office and you take it with a few other people. The test is multiple choice with some spelling, math, and grammar. Since I passed, they set me up with an interview 2 days later. The interview isn't bad at all. They tell you beforehand to prepare a mock lesson plan for any grade level. The interviewers will respond like the grade you are directing your presentation to. Before the presentation, they ask you a handful of questions.

They asked me what is a negative experience that I turned positive, previous experiences working with kids, and very few scenario questions, but I heard that some folks were given many scenario questions. Overall, interview was a breeze so don't fret, just prepare for your mock presentation and read the interview questions on GlassDoor!

They said that my only weakness was that I didn't have classroom experience, but the worker told me that that I can be trained on. So don't be intimidated if you like working with kids but have no classroom experience!

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between classroom management and discipline?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Program Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together (San Bernardino, CA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through the internet. After about 2 weeks, I got sent an email to go take a pre-employment test. Test was super easy, I received about a 93%. Basic english and math questions (area, percentages, division, etc). Then, they asked when I would like an interview.

A few weeks later I got the interview. It was super quick. They asked me about 8 questions. Then I presented my mini-lesson plan to the interviewers. After I was done, they sent me to wait in the lobby. Then, got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between class management and discipline.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

Test was easy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you disagree with your supervisor?   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

Casual Interview after you pass the RIDICULOUSLY easy math/english test. Offer is on the spot and you basically will take it because at this point you're just looking for some sort of income.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer on the spot.

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

I was called the next day after submitting my job application to come in and take a pre-assessment test. It was on math, English, and spelling. They called me a couple days later and told me that I passed. Then I was called to have an interview. I came in, and there were at least eight other people waiting to be interviewed as well. I was called in and interviewed by three people. They asked routine questions about why I wanted to work there and experiences that I've had. Then I was to do a classroom mock presentation as if I was talking to a classroom full of kids. I had to prepare a lecture/presentation and present it to the interviewers. After I was done, I was notified that they liked me and wanted to offer me the job. I accepted! Then they did a background check and fingerprinting right in their office. When it cleared, they scheduled me for orientation and training. Overall quick process.

Interview Questions

• "If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?"
      I feel so narcissistic answering this question because they could be judging your answer! You don't want to compliment yourself to death, so you have to be humble as well.

"What is your greatest weakness?"

I feel like this is a trick question. Should I tell them or not tell them? What if I don't get hired because my weakness is being a procrastinator?!

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You start as a SUB PL, until you're needed permanently.