TIAA-CREF

Getting the Interview

115 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wealth Management Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details One of TIAA-CREF's HRrepresentatives reached out to be on linked-in about a possible role with the comany. I was excited at the prospect of a career change and wanted to learn more. I was then put in touch with another HR rep. to have an initaila phone interview. Unfortuantely, that rep. blew off that initial conversation and did not inform me of a need to reschedule until after I followed up. Upon rescheduling, the same issue occured again where the representative was in a meeting and would not be able to make the appointment...and not informing me unitl after the scheduled call time had past.

Senior Associate Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in January 2014.

Interview Details Was contacted by their recruiter via LinkedIn. Phone interviews and in-person interview were not too difficult. Some interviewers were very smart. Half way through the process the recruiter left the company but the process was smooth and the other recruiter did a good job in communicating with me. They didn't negotiate a lot on salary.

Interview Question – Nothing so difficult or unexpected. Some questions were related to how I handle stress or the most challenging issue I faced in my previous job. How I interact with clients and work with other team members.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They communicated with me well during the negotiation stage and set the expectations right.

Intern Interview

Interviewed at TIAA-CREF

Interview Details I submitted my resume and got a call for tax intern but saw me better fit for another position. They referred me elsewhere in company and waited a month to hear back.

Interview Question – Pretty reasonable questions   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details I first had a phone interview that was about half an hour. Then I was called back for a three-round interview. Two were via conference calls, one was in-person.

Interview Question – What are some things that would affect the company five years down the road?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Consultant- Wealth Management Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in February 2013.

Interview Details the interview isn't too bad. They want to make sure you can deal with clients and the things they throw at you. The interview is held by your manager or other managers of the role. Everyone there is generally very easy going, as long as you are good and get your job done, don't complain. Takes a long time for them to make decision

Reason for Declining – wanted something new and different. More client facing, versus at desk.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Interviewed at TIAA-CREF

Interview Details Great atmosphere and team. Very comfortable and interested in my background. Smart people.

Interview Question – N/A - standard interview questions   Answer Question

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in February 2014.

Interview Details Long proces with many layers, promised a job and was directed to the next level, the next Director was abusive and a bully he lacked interview skills making the process very difficult and confusing

Interview Question – Rather than being interviewed I was told tby the director that he found Independent advisors to be unlikely to be able to be supervised, and abusive to their clients . He presented a case that was unsolvable and expected that the role play would uncover every aspect of the client's needs in 20 minutes. I have multiple years of business experience and a Master's and have never been treated in an interview in such an manner. I should have hung up. I was only being polite because I was coached the person that I originally interviewed with that was new to the company that the interview would be difficult, he was a gem and I was looking forward to working with his group.   Answer Question

Client Support Specialist Interview

Client Support Specialist
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details The initial communication was done via direct company website. Interview consisted of normal questions of background and handling of problems/solutions. Unfortunately, client support position does not get opportunity to present counter offer of salary. My recruiter stated "You have 48 hrs. and salary is non-negotiable." I should have followed my instincts and walked away from the position.

Interview Question – Nothing stood out and difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, client support position does not get opportunity to present counter offer of salary. My recruiter stated "You have 48 hrs. and salary is non-negotiable." This was very discouraging not to be allowed to sale my attributes that warrant larger salary consideration. I should have followed my instincts and walked away from the position.

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details Apply online, phone interview, in person interview, Drug test, Start

Interview Question – Nothing off the cuff. Just be honest and provide info about your past experience   Answer Question

Infrastructure Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in August 2011.

Interview Details Interview process included six different interviews throughout the company. One or more weeks could pass between interviews. HR did a good job of keeping me informed during the process.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at TIAA-CREF

Worked for TIAA-CREF? Contribute to the Community!

TIAA-CREF Videos

TIAA-CREF – Why Work for Us?

​​ TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a leader in helping those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIAA-CREF interview questions and advice. All 115 interview reviews are posted anonymously by TIAA-CREF employees and interview candidates.