TJX Companies Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Buying and Merchandising Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Watford, East of England, England
    Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in December 2013.

First completed several motivation questions and uploaded CV. Heard back within 2-3 and invited to complete further questions and a 30-minute one-way video interview consisting of 10 questions. Each question appears for 1 minute followed by a 2 minute slot to answer in. If you finish before the 2 minutes are up you can move straight onto the next question.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you put a plan into practice.   Answer Question

Merchandising and Buying Graduate Scheme Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Met with one of the talent acquisition managers at a Grad Fair who offered insight into the scheme and what sort of work I could expect. After my meeting I applied online where you are expected to answer three questions, include your CV and a covering letter. After this I was invited to carry out the online tests (relatively easy) and online interviews (10 questions). I have now been invited to attend an Assessment Centre later this month

Buying and Merchandising Graduate Schemes Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Did an online application, some maths and english tests online, followed by a video interview. I was then invited to an assessment centre which was split into two visits to head office in Watford. The first visit involved an individual and group assessment, and the second was an individual interview and a presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what interests you most about the retail industry   Answer Question

Supply Chain Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Watford, East of England, England
    Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2010.

The first interview was a 1:1 with the hiring manager,Mainly fitting and competency based questions.The interview was very nice and was considerate when I was stuck.

Second round was with the CFO.Again very thorough interview.A little less friendly that the earlier one,but fair.

Interview Questions
    • A situation based senario ,dealing with difficult people   View Answer

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

I had interviewed with TJX before, but wasn't hired because they wanted to talk to my supervisor at my job at the time, but I didn't want them to know I was looking to leave without an offer on the table. The interviews were both very pleasant and relaxed. Mostly conversational about your knowledge of loss prevention and sharing old stories! The only odd part was the first manager wanting to talk to my supervisor when I had provided them our HR number to confirm employment. The second manager simply let Lexis Nexis handle all of my background. I applied online and received a call for an interview in about two weeks. At the interview, they had me complete some further paperwork for my background check. My background check was said to take between one and three weeks, but mine took about 10 days. Another guy hired with me at the same time took three weeks though. Overall it appears their interviews are more about what you know instead of how you interview which really helps those who know LP well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most difficult shoplifter apprehension.   Answer Question
    I chose not to negotiate as they offered me what I had requested on my application and were very fair.

Merchandising Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

The whole process took about a month. Started with a phone interview, didn't hear back for 2 weeks and then was contacted for an in person interview. The second interview involved meeting with 5 managers, individually.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bronx, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY (US)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at TJX Companies in July 2014.

I thought the interviewer was relaxed but professional. Just be yourself and engaging. Make sure you have eye contact and smile. They asked very basic questions and the schedule seem to be very flexible.

Interview Questions

it was personal reason....had nothing to do with the job

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2010.

You will be contacted by the district secretary to set up an interview. You will be given a preliminary interview by a store manager, but not necessarily the one you will be working with. They will ask you about your past experience, your reasons for wanting to work for the company, and your knowledge of the company. There are no real set questions, so the length of the interview depends of the interviewing style of the manager. After they give their recommendations to the district manager, if they decide in your favor, you will be asked to go into a second interview with the district manager. He will then again ask you a series of questions that may or may not be the same as the ones asked by the store manager. Keep in mind, that the ORDER of these two interviews could be reversed. The amount of time you will then wait for a response will then depend on the urgency of filling the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel that this would be the right move for you?( I was wanting to transfer divisions)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southlake, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2012.

I met once with the store manager and began work the following week after my interview and after my background check had been processed. The two store managers were very nice and willing to work with pre-arranged vacation plans that my family and I had. It was also pretty easy to request a certain number of hours.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was quite basic and involved the interviewer getting to know you rather than difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TJX Companies.

very quick and easy interview..questions about background and prior experience...the process was just really a way of getting to know you. If you get interviewed you basically have the job.

no negotiation process...they offer a salary and you either take it or leave it

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!