TJX Companies

156 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Buying and Merchandising Graduate Scheme Interview

Watford, East of England, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in December 2013.

Interview Details First completed several motivation questions and uploaded CV. Heard back within 2-3 and invited to complete further questions and a 30-minute one-way video interview consisting of 10 questions. Each question appears for 1 minute followed by a 2 minute slot to answer in. If you finish before the 2 minutes are up you can move straight onto the next question.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you put a plan into practice.   Answer Question

Merchandising and Buying Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details Met with one of the talent acquisition managers at a Grad Fair who offered insight into the scheme and what sort of work I could expect. After my meeting I applied online where you are expected to answer three questions, include your CV and a covering letter. After this I was invited to carry out the online tests (relatively easy) and online interviews (10 questions). I have now been invited to attend an Assessment Centre later this month

Interview Question – What was your biggest mistake at University?   Answer Question

Buying and Merchandising Graduate Schemes Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details Did an online application, some maths and english tests online, followed by a video interview. I was then invited to an assessment centre which was split into two visits to head office in Watford. The first visit involved an individual and group assessment, and the second was an individual interview and a presentation.

Interview Question – Describe what interests you most about the retail industry   Answer Question

Supply Chain Finance Analyst Interview

Watford, East of England, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2010.

Interview Details The first interview was a 1:1 with the hiring manager,Mainly fitting and competency based questions.The interview was very nice and was considerate when I was stuck.

Second round was with the CFO.Again very thorough interview.A little less friendly that the earlier one,but fair.

Interview Question – A situation based senario ,dealing with difficult people   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager - Operations Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details Easy process, DM met me ask questions about culture, values and goals

Interview Question – Didn't expect to be asked about my contribution to my community   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Framingham, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2012.

Interview Details Experience, communication skills, excel and analytical skills

Interview Question – Logical questions   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in March 2014.

Interview Details General questions concerning leadership and why you would choose working for TJX. What are your strongest leadership qualities?

Interview Question – What would you do if given a position in which you have no retail experience in?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was to a final interview.

Visual Merchandising Interview

Framingham, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in January 2014.

Interview Details HR contacted me soon after applying for the position and set up a phone interview. Afterwards, they quickly set up a in-person interview. The HR staff was friendly, organized and available to answer questions. The in-person interview consisted of five interviews, one with the HR consultant and four with the senior managers of the team. Everyone was friendly, welcoming and offered me water.

Interview Question – - Walk me through how you set up and complete a project from start to finish
- Why do you want to move into the retail space?
- Provide one recommendation for the team
  Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Merchandise Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details I applied for the position and got a call back for a phone interview 2 weeks later. Then it took about a month to get an in-person interview. Everyone I spoke with on the phone and through e-mail were friendly.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of behavioral questions for example, tell me about a time you didn't have all the facts and what did you do to complete the task and how did you go about it.   Answer Question

Merchandise Internship Interview

Framingham, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through my university's career website. I then received an email for the first round of interviews, which happened to be a one-way interview on hirevue. This portion was a little awkward. It is basically a skype interview, but you're not having a conversation with another individual; you're just being recorded. These questions were very basic though. They just want to get a general sense of who you are. Then, 3 days later I received an email asking me to fly to their headquarters for a day consisting of a group allocation analysis, an office tour, and 3 interviews.

Interview Question – What was your biggest contribution to your last job?
Why do you want to work at TJX?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at TJX Companies

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TJX Companies interview questions and advice. All 156 interview reviews are posted anonymously by TJX Companies employees and interview candidates.