TJX Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Buying and Merchandising Graduate Scheme Interview

Buying and Merchandising Graduate Scheme
Watford, East of England, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in December 2013.

Interview Details First completed several motivation questions and uploaded CV. Heard back within 2-3 and invited to complete further questions and a 30-minute one-way video interview consisting of 10 questions. Each question appears for 1 minute followed by a 2 minute slot to answer in. If you finish before the 2 minutes are up you can move straight onto the next question.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you put a plan into practice.   Answer Question

Merchandising and Buying Graduate Scheme Interview

Merchandising and Buying Graduate Scheme

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details Met with one of the talent acquisition managers at a Grad Fair who offered insight into the scheme and what sort of work I could expect. After my meeting I applied online where you are expected to answer three questions, include your CV and a covering letter. After this I was invited to carry out the online tests (relatively easy) and online interviews (10 questions). I have now been invited to attend an Assessment Centre later this month

Interview Question – What was your biggest mistake at University?   Answer Question

Buying and Merchandising Graduate Schemes Interview

Buying and Merchandising Graduate Schemes

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details Did an online application, some maths and english tests online, followed by a video interview. I was then invited to an assessment centre which was split into two visits to head office in Watford. The first visit involved an individual and group assessment, and the second was an individual interview and a presentation.

Interview Question – Describe what interests you most about the retail industry   Answer Question

Supply Chain Finance Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Finance Analyst
Watford, East of England, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2010.

Interview Details The first interview was a 1:1 with the hiring manager,Mainly fitting and competency based questions.The interview was very nice and was considerate when I was stuck.

Second round was with the CFO.Again very thorough interview.A little less friendly that the earlier one,but fair.

Interview Question – A situation based senario ,dealing with difficult people   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details very quick and easy interview..questions about background and prior experience...the process was just really a way of getting to know you. If you get interviewed you basically have the job.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation process...they offer a salary and you either take it or leave it

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details I called to show my interest and was called for an interview within a week. Went through 2 interviews. The offices were very clean and the interviewers were polite. The questions were basic and simple.

Interview Question – The unexpected questions were the scenarios of what would do with certain situations.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Framingham, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied via LinkedIn for an IR role but they were close to extending an offer to a candidate already in process. However, several days later recruiting emailed me to set up a phone call to talk about a couple of other finance roles as they liked my academic and professional background. I was really impressed with the TJX recruiter as she was very detailed in explaining the culture of TJX ("we're nerds about work and think about it over the weekend") and drilling down into my experience. She said that I'd likely be a good fit at the end of the call and 1.5 wks later they emailed me to schedule an on-site visit.

The visit consisted of four 30-minute 1-on-1 interviews, mostly about my previous experience. I learned that TJX fosters an internal networking culture so coffee chats and lunches are highly encouraged. Due to a series of flight delays and cancellations, I ended up staying the night at a hotel by Logan and their travel agent was very helpful in arranging my unplanned accommodations. I received an expense reimbursement for all of my T&E costs within 4 weeks. I have recently traveled for other interviews and some companies have taken longer to mail a check or provided only partial reimbursement.

Interview Question – What are examples of fixed and variable costs associated with our business?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details They came to my campus career fair and asked me if I wanted an interview with them the next day at my campus. I took the interview it went well, after that I never heard back from them, nothing.

Interview Question – What would make you a better manager than other managers?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details I had two interviews, the first with the hiring manager, which was a great interview. We did not really discuss much about the job itself, but I felt very at ease. My second interview with the store manager was awkward and did not leave me very excited about the chance to come to work.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions in this interview. It was very run of the mill.   Answer Question

Buying Intern Interview

Buying Intern
Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed at TJX Companies in March 2013.

Interview Details Submitted resume through my college career network website and on the company website as well. I received an email asking me to complete an online video interview. The interview had to be completed within a few days of receiving the email. The virtual interview required that I be video taped and answer questions that popped up on the screen.

Interview Question – A difficult question that was asked of me was to talk about a time when I failed at something and how I overcame it.   Answer Question

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!