TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jan 2015
Updated 18 Jan 2015

2.9

Transportation Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Very tedious hiring process, first assessment wasn't too hard, medical was focused on physical condition and making sure your drug and alcohol free, background inquires and check was intense, training very long and requires at least 3 weeks 5 days a week about 8-10 hrs a day. Before the training you should work through all the steps quickly or you might get dropped and have to wait 6 months to reapply.

Interview Questions
    • Name a challenge you once faced at a previous job abs how you solved it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Transportation Security Screener Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

I was hired during roll-out (initial phase after 9/11. The process is different now, but it takes a looonngg time after initial application. So if interested, apply now, then forget it and if you're still available when they call (maybe 2+ years later) fine. They check color coordination, hearing, drug test, x-ray views interpretation, used to check range of motion, ability to lift and carry up to 40 lb. bags while following oral instructions while being timed ( but I don't think they do that anymore).

Interview Questions
    • I signed a non-disclosure, so I can only say the types of questions they ask are ........What would you do if... and "Tell me a time when you ..... and what was the result?   Answer Question
    This was so unfair. I was supposed to be hired as a Supervisor, but the private contractor screwed up and only hired me as an entry-level Screener. Took me years to get to Supervisor, and they never made up for the mistake.

TSO (Transportation Security Officer) DFW Airport Interview

The hiring and review process, seems to be extensive. They have several locations in the area where an individual can tae the assessment to see if they qualify and yet, they make you drive all the way toThief River Falls Airport and actually go in to Northland Community College there. Why? There is one in GFK. I had to turn them down for the job, they told me after I put it in all my work and mileage that if hired I will be the low-person on the totem-pole and will have to take very odd shifts and that if I wanted to go on vacation the person with the most seniority would get it that's crazy. I decided to rethink my move!

The job seemed to have a lot of inconveniences such as: vacation (seniority), odd hours, etc.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Pass an Computerized X RAY and English test. Then a panel interview as well as medical and physical test. Also a drug test. Very easy questions if you never been to an interview before. You can think off your head and pass the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you were part of a team and what did you do?   Answer Question

Tso Interview

there is a credit check, background check, physical check, interview pretty basic but can take up to two years before an offer is made. It is a very lengthy process especially if you are currently unemployed.

no negotiations

Tso Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

the interview process was the same as all job interview. Where you come in and seat on front of a person. They ask questions then you would answer them.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation process at all.

Transportation Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

For all TSA positions, you will need to use USAJobs. com and complete the online application. If your application is referred to the next stage, you will get an interview (unless the office decided to conduct no interviews). Interview jobs will vary depending on the position you are applying for. After the interview stage, you will get a telephone call from the Manager for the position you applied for with a TSA offer and that will be followed-up with a written offer to include your pay and tentative start date.

Interview Questions
    • Questions will depend on the position you applied for. In my case, most interviews have been the "scenario" type....what would you do in this example situation OR you may get the scenario provided...how did you handle it.....why did you chose to handle this way and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

TSA OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Everything is easy except the imaging test and interview process. As for the interview, the questions "sound" easy but they expect you to answer what "they" want to hear. It really depends on who is interviewing you. It might be easy for one person but difficult for another. BTW If you are a female, you have a MUCH better chance of passing it. They want to even out the male/female ratio.

Tso Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in May 2014.

Easy process but I didn't receive the airport asestment until a year after taking the CBT. Questions aren't hard at all so nothing to worry about. You sign a form where you agree not to disclose any information but trust me it is not hard.

TSA OFFICER Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Easy process. Long training. A month in a classroom.

No negotiation