Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr 2015
Updated 12 Apr 2015

3.1

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (London, England).

Interview

I applied through my university by sending a CV and Cover letter which were passed onto the company. I was then given 3 days to do a digital interview on the computer which involved 3 questions. Once passed that step there was an assessment day. Assessment day included interview (2 on the panel), fact finding exercise and presentation. People were really professional but easy to talk to and welcoming. Nice atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• The question that caught me out most was - Tell us about a time you used your persuasive skills/attitude.   Answer Question

Senior HRBP London Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (London, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied via an agency. Was scheduled to meet with the HRD but when I arrived was informed she was busy so was "interviewed" by someone who would report into the role! I offered to re-schedule but was told no there was no other time slots available. Very awkward "interview" as not many questions were asked. Was informed by agency 2 weeks later I had not been selected as the HRD had not met me. A total waster of £60 train/tube fare. So un-professional.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (London, England) in February 2014.

Interview

Structured and efficient process. Began with 10-15 min phone interview with HR then invited to face to face interview 2 weeks later. Interviewed with the hiring manager and his line manager, each 20-30min. An interactive session that it very useful for both sides to find out about each other. Job description is generally generic, as a reference at most.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important things to do when facing product development strategy change?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company is generous so keep it simple from your end.

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (London, England) in March 2010.

Interview

The entire recruitment process involved interviews with quite a few unrelated staff, unusual for many companies this is quite normal for Takeda.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

thorough, lengthy. slow but worth it. be prepared as detailed questions about competencies will be asked. real life example go a long way. you may end up interviewing a few times with different people, which i think is a good thing.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a situation where you faced obstacles and what you did to overcome them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

lengthy and needed to escalate to hiring manager because i had another offer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an old co-worker. I received and email asking me to do an "on demand" video interview. After I submitted that, I received an email asking for 7-25 references. They use an online reference checker where they send an email and ask those references to answer a series of questions. However, regardless of whether your references are a direct supervisor or a fellow coworker, the questions are asked as if they were all supervisors. I then got a face to face interview with the divisional manager.
    Next step would've been an interview in Chicago with top management.

Interview Questions

• If I were to call your manager after this interview, what would he/she say is your biggest weakness or something you need the most work on?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received an automated email the following day to complete the next step in the hiring process which was an online recorded interview. Takeda uses an outside vendor called HireVue for their recorded interview. I completed it a few days later. Less than a week later, I received confirmation from Takeda saying they received my recording and were reviewing my information. Nine days later, I received an email inviting me to a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. The interview took place at a nearby hotel, along with another manager. They informed me that they are looking to fill the position by the end of the following month and had several other candidates to interview. I never received a follow-up directly from them. Only after checking my online profile did I find that I did not pass to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions to assess your experience level   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process is lengthy... I applied online and got a video interview first.. You need to answer questions from a computer with no people on the other end. The next step is a phone interview with district manager that spent 15 minutes with you on the phone to determine how well you fit. Then I interviewed face to face with 2 district managers which went really well. The final interview was with regional sales director. We spend an hour to talk about the position and company, the industry. Overall it is a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why pharmaceutical sales?
      Why do you want to work for Takeda?

Answer Question

Systems Engineering Interview

Interview

Interviewing process was extermly relaxed and no technical. Most of the time you are being walked throught the facility on a tour. Low expectations as to what you are already expected to know about their process coming in. Most difficult question is to make a reagent to a specific molarity and volume, the most important thing to do is let them know if you have no idea how to do it but that you are willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• make a reagent solution to a specific molarity and volume   1 Answer

Interview

Called by the hiring manager for phone interview. Two weeks later received news for on site interview. On site interview includes presentation and face-to-face meeting with 8-10 people from HR and different departments