Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated 23 Jun 2015

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Straightforward and formal process. First phone interview, then first in-person interview. Next interview with district manager, then flown out to final interview with regional sales manager. Lots of behavioral questions. Be prepared with answers in STAR format. Online sales/personality test as well. Overall what I expected from the process

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone. Tell me about a time you could not overcome objections. Tell me about a time you closed a sale and what techniques you used   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in November 2014.

Interview

Hire Vu interview for initial interview, interview with DM and another DM flown in for the interview, interview with the Regional Manager and the DM. Hire Vu was straight STAR questions and answers as well as an essay question. First face to face was STAR and getting to know you conversational. Regional manager was a tough sell, and I attempted to sell him a pen for the interview.

Systems Engineering Interview

Interview

Interviewing process was extermly relaxed and no technical. Most of the time you are being walked throught the facility on a tour. Low expectations as to what you are already expected to know about their process coming in. Most difficult question is to make a reagent to a specific molarity and volume, the most important thing to do is let them know if you have no idea how to do it but that you are willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• make a reagent solution to a specific molarity and volume   1 Answer

Interview

Called by the hiring manager for phone interview. Two weeks later received news for on site interview. On site interview includes presentation and face-to-face meeting with 8-10 people from HR and different departments

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I received an email to perform a video recording of myself on hirevu. Similar to skype. Only I was watching myself and it records me and someone somewhere reviews my responses and that's all I have. No one has answered me or anything. All automated emails so I have no one to reach out to either

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario questions based on real life examples   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I had the first interview over HireVu and it was a pretty weird interview if you've never done one like that before. It seems strange talking at a computer. I got through to the next round where the lady spent only a couple minutes with me on the phone and they decided I didn't have enough experience.

Interview Questions

• Almost all of the questions were related to past B2B sales experience and I was right out of college so I felt that wasn't great on their part considering they were looking for someone to fill an entry level position.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (San Antonio, TX (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online through a company referral for an Entry Level position. Contacted by phone the next day with a representative from the contract company Quintiles. Representative gave me an overview of the position, pay, benefits, etc.. then proceeded to ask me basic questions regarding my resume, education, and why I want to work in this industry. Had to do a personality assessment online and would be contacted if "approved".

Next day received an email inviting me to the Face-to-face interview in Houston. The email also listed items to bring- brag book, presentation to sell, copies of my resume. Flew me out (all transportation covered) and met with the hiring manager. Be familiar with the STAR format to answer the behavioral type questions. "Tell me about a time..." Very comfortable and easy interview if you come prepared with "stories" to answer the questions. No presentation of "sell me something" was asked.

Couple of days later I received a phone call letting me know I was advancing to the final interview in Dallas. He sent me an email with ways to prepare for the interview, once again flew me out to Dallas where I met with the District Sales Manager and Regional Manager of Takeda. Very comfortable setting, asked me about myself, a few behavioral type questions, why I want to work here and what do I know about the company. Over all very easy process.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you found it difficult to persuade somebody to buy your product"
      "Tell me about a time you were put in a stressful situation, and how did you overcome it"

Answer Question

Negotiation

Excellent pay, benefits, bonuses, company car... No negotiation necessary

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative - Team I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Columbus, GA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a 3rd party hiring firm about a position the company had been trying to fill in a more rural type location. She walked through a basic phone interview and reviewed my resume. I was sent to a "video" interview link using an app called HireVue the next day. It was pretty simple to use and they allowed 3 days for completion at my time convenience. (Use the "sample questions" and get familiar with the process before you jump right in.)

They asked 5 basic questions semi related to sales in general and one "type your answer" question asking if I'd be willing to relocate with no financial assistance. The video interview wasn't my favorite style because you're unable to know specifically what their looking for with such broad questions. It was just pre determined questions that you're given thirty seconds to prepare for and 3 minutes to answer.

Questions:
    1.) Why are you interested in working for Takeda?
    2.) What would you consider the toughest sales job?
    3.) What do you think makes a good sales representative?
    4.) Tell about a when you experienced an interpersonal problem at work and how you handled it.
    5.) Tell about the time when you had to sale a product to someone who didn't know you.

The process took only one day from the time I was initially contacted by the 3rd party hiring agent to get the video interview completed. After that was submitted, I didn't hear a "yes" or "no" regarding their decision for almost two weeks. I then contacted the hiring agent and inquired about a response because I was offered another sales position with one week to respond. I wanted to make sure all offers were on the table before I accepted any position. Eight days after my deadline to accept the other company's offer (which I did thankfully instead of waiting for a response) I was contacted by email saying Takeda "was going to seek other opportunities and they wished me the best in my new career."

*** Disclaimer: I had no experience in pharmaceuticals, healthcare, or anything thing remotely related to Takeda's industry. I was an account manager / outside sales representative for 3 years with a web development company. I'm not really sure why they were interested in contacting me besides they had been trying to fill the position for 3+ months.

I did hours upon hours of research about the company and the products they sold to prepare for more technical sales questions. There was no opportunity to get in depth for anything relating to that though. Takeda does seem to be a very successful company on a global scale. They pay their representatives much more than other pharmaceutical companies.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider the toughest sales job?   1 Answer
    • Tell about the time when you had to sale a product to someone who didn't know you.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Started with a video interview which was a recorded, one-sided Skype session based on a series of questions. If you haven't read any books on how to handle interview questions these may be difficult to answer off the top of your head.
    Next was a phone interview where they basically asked you to confirm what you have on your resume. He also asked me why I wanted to leave my current job in another field. Then he went over all of the benefits/compensation details. Make sure you have a question or two of your own ready before the call.

Interview Questions

• The video interview with no one on the other end took some getting used to, but they give three "practice questions" that you can repeat over and over until you become comfortable with the set-up. I highly recommend taking advantage of this feature.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Came in to interview with supervisor. Briefly went over my experience and how it can be applied to job applying for. Asked why I was looking for a new job. Went over expectations and job duties. Asked expected hourly pay.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel this job will allow you to grow in your career?   Answer Question