Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2014
Updated 21 Oct 2014

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

The interview process is long, and slow with this company. The actual interview with the District Managers is your typical sales interview type question like: Tell me about a time when..... It was a low pressure interview but lengthy, I spent about 45 with each person. I brought a Brag Book as suggested by the interview instructions, but no one asked to see it.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to choose another career, what would it be.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Three rounds of interviews seemed like a bit of overkill, but they were pleasant and low pressure. I was impressed. The panel interview was the least productive, but it was not a pressure situation. The entire process dragged out over a few months which was difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The obsolete strength and weaknesses question was asked.   View Answer
    No negotiations

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in June 2014.

It was pretty much to be expected, but unfortunately I was so tired I completely bombed the interview...luckily I was so tired I didn't even care about it. They flew me down to LA in the early morning and I did not get enough sleep the night before to be on my A game...BOO, but everyone was very nice and there is no need to be nervous.

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Process follows a very structured pattern of several interviews starting with a phone interview and leading to several in-person interviews. Expect a wide variety of questions that demonstrate the ability to think critically and on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions require a number of answers and require describing not only what your actions were, but the outcome and how it impacted others.   Answer Question

Professional Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

District Manager phone call, District Manager personal interview, District Manager/Regional Manager personal interview. The process was fairly quick once it started. All steps leading up to getting hired took approximately 2 weeks. I was barely able to give 2 weeks notice for my other job since they wanted me on board right away to get into the upcoming training meeting.

Interview Questions
    • I was told to sell the manager's pen to him.   View Answer
    At the time, the salary offered was very favorable to what I was receiving at my previous job and I was up against someone with more sales experience so I took their offer.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Applied through a recruiter. HR phone screen then phone interview with hiring manager. Given basic business case (small amount of data along with questions which needed to be answered using 10 PowerPoint slides) exactly one week before onsite interview. Onsite interview with hiring manager, hr, 2 peers, 3 managers, and 1 director. Got an offer the next week but background check took an additional 3-4 weeks (I think it was just red tape; I don't have a criminal record or financial issues).

I rated this interview as difficult because the business case took a few days to complete and I was asked analytic-thinking questions (not just behavioral questions or questions about past job experiences).

Initially wasn't interested in relocating to Chicago (I lived out of state) but my experience onsite was so positive I accepted their offer immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What excel function would you use to return customer first names given the following data   View Answer
    • When would 2 trains traveling at different rate of speeds meet, when would 2 cars traveling at different speeds catch up to one another   View Answer
    No negotiation because the base salary was exactly what I told HR I was looking for (so be sure you have a number in mind!). The rest of the package (bonus, relocation, vacation, etc) was generous so I didn't feel the need to negotiate those either.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2014.

My personal interview experience with Takeda was incredible! First I had a telephone interview, then an online assesment, then a F2F interview, and finally I was flown to Atlanta for my final interview. The phone interview was very basic, "Tell me about yourself." "Why do you want to be n pharma sales?" The F2F was completely behavioral based, "Tell me about a time when.." It took about 2 days to find out that I was accepted for the final interview. In Atlanta I met with two different Takeda employees. The first was again all behavioral questions, and I was asked to sell something in the room. The second interview was similar to the first. Both were extremely professional, and VERY comfortable. I received a call 2 days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any difficult questions. Just prepare yourself for behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Supply Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in March 2014.

2 interviews, one on campus and one phone. Then we moved on to email discussion with hiring manager and then finally got an offer letter from HR. It moved quickly but it wasn't rushed.

Statistician Interview

phone interview, talk about research project, location preference.

Interview Questions
    • pretty normal, nothing difficult, maybe somewhat unprepared when the interviewee introduced the internship project to me and ask my opinion?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

The first round was a thirty minute phone interview which consisted of standard behavioral questions followed by more information on the day-to-day expectations of an intern. I was invited to tour the office and have three more thirty minute in person interviews. Nothing out of the ordinary; more behavioral questions and the chance to meet a variety of employees.