Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated 7 Nov 2014
Updated 7 Nov 2014

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in September 2014.

Applied online through a company referral for an Entry Level position. Contacted by phone the next day with a representative from the contract company Quintiles. Representative gave me an overview of the position, pay, benefits, etc.. then proceeded to ask me basic questions regarding my resume, education, and why I want to work in this industry. Had to do a personality assessment online and would be contacted if "approved".

Next day received an email inviting me to the Face-to-face interview in Houston. The email also listed items to bring- brag book, presentation to sell, copies of my resume. Flew me out (all transportation covered) and met with the hiring manager. Be familiar with the STAR format to answer the behavioral type questions. "Tell me about a time..." Very comfortable and easy interview if you come prepared with "stories" to answer the questions. No presentation of "sell me something" was asked.

Couple of days later I received a phone call letting me know I was advancing to the final interview in Dallas. He sent me an email with ways to prepare for the interview, once again flew me out to Dallas where I met with the District Sales Manager and Regional Manager of Takeda. Very comfortable setting, asked me about myself, a few behavioral type questions, why I want to work here and what do I know about the company. Over all very easy process.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you found it difficult to persuade somebody to buy your product"
      "Tell me about a time you were put in a stressful situation, and how did you overcome it"
        Answer Question
    Excellent pay, benefits, bonuses, company car... No negotiation necessary

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Started with a video interview which was a recorded, one-sided Skype session based on a series of questions. If you haven't read any books on how to handle interview questions these may be difficult to answer off the top of your head.
    Next was a phone interview where they basically asked you to confirm what you have on your resume. He also asked me why I wanted to leave my current job in another field. Then he went over all of the benefits/compensation details. Make sure you have a question or two of your own ready before the call.

Interview Questions
    • The video interview with no one on the other end took some getting used to, but they give three "practice questions" that you can repeat over and over until you become comfortable with the set-up. I highly recommend taking advantage of this feature.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

The interview process is long, and slow with this company. The actual interview with the District Managers is your typical sales interview type question like: Tell me about a time when..... It was a low pressure interview but lengthy, I spent about 45 with each person. I brought a Brag Book as suggested by the interview instructions, but no one asked to see it.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to choose another career, what would it be.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Three rounds of interviews seemed like a bit of overkill, but they were pleasant and low pressure. I was impressed. The panel interview was the least productive, but it was not a pressure situation. The entire process dragged out over a few months which was difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The obsolete strength and weaknesses question was asked.   View Answer
    No negotiations

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in June 2014.

It was pretty much to be expected, but unfortunately I was so tired I completely bombed the interview...luckily I was so tired I didn't even care about it. They flew me down to LA in the early morning and I did not get enough sleep the night before to be on my A game...BOO, but everyone was very nice and there is no need to be nervous.

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Process follows a very structured pattern of several interviews starting with a phone interview and leading to several in-person interviews. Expect a wide variety of questions that demonstrate the ability to think critically and on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions require a number of answers and require describing not only what your actions were, but the outcome and how it impacted others.   Answer Question

Professional Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

District Manager phone call, District Manager personal interview, District Manager/Regional Manager personal interview. The process was fairly quick once it started. All steps leading up to getting hired took approximately 2 weeks. I was barely able to give 2 weeks notice for my other job since they wanted me on board right away to get into the upcoming training meeting.

Interview Questions
    • I was told to sell the manager's pen to him.   View Answer
    At the time, the salary offered was very favorable to what I was receiving at my previous job and I was up against someone with more sales experience so I took their offer.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Applied through a recruiter. HR phone screen then phone interview with hiring manager. Given basic business case (small amount of data along with questions which needed to be answered using 10 PowerPoint slides) exactly one week before onsite interview. Onsite interview with hiring manager, hr, 2 peers, 3 managers, and 1 director. Got an offer the next week but background check took an additional 3-4 weeks (I think it was just red tape; I don't have a criminal record or financial issues).

I rated this interview as difficult because the business case took a few days to complete and I was asked analytic-thinking questions (not just behavioral questions or questions about past job experiences).

Initially wasn't interested in relocating to Chicago (I lived out of state) but my experience onsite was so positive I accepted their offer immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What excel function would you use to return customer first names given the following data   View Answer
    • When would 2 trains traveling at different rate of speeds meet, when would 2 cars traveling at different speeds catch up to one another   View Answer
    No negotiation because the base salary was exactly what I told HR I was looking for (so be sure you have a number in mind!). The rest of the package (bonus, relocation, vacation, etc) was generous so I didn't feel the need to negotiate those either.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2014.

My personal interview experience with Takeda was incredible! First I had a telephone interview, then an online assesment, then a F2F interview, and finally I was flown to Atlanta for my final interview. The phone interview was very basic, "Tell me about yourself." "Why do you want to be n pharma sales?" The F2F was completely behavioral based, "Tell me about a time when.." It took about 2 days to find out that I was accepted for the final interview. In Atlanta I met with two different Takeda employees. The first was again all behavioral questions, and I was asked to sell something in the room. The second interview was similar to the first. Both were extremely professional, and VERY comfortable. I received a call 2 days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any difficult questions. Just prepare yourself for behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Supply Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in March 2014.

2 interviews, one on campus and one phone. Then we moved on to email discussion with hiring manager and then finally got an offer letter from HR. It moved quickly but it wasn't rushed.