Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2009.

Interview Details The process was easy overall. They were very kind and helpful throughout the entire process. The interview was fairly casual and consisted of basic questions like "describe yourself in three words," "tell me about a difficult situation you overcame," and "how do you work with others." It was straightforward and easy.

Interview Question – Describe a challenging situation you've found yourself in.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Took about 3 weeks for HR to call. The job I originally applied for had been filled. HR asked if was interested in working another area. I was! Had a interview with the TL, and ETL on the same day. Went in a few days later to interview with the store TL ( Manager ).

Interview Question – If a item rings up at $19.99, and the guest says it was marked $17.99 on the shelf. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Ad Set Team Member Interview

Ad Set Team Member
Middletown, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details After three reasonable interviews, 1 over the phone and two with members of management, I was called to be given a conditional job offer. I was so excited to say the least. Unfortunately, the offer was only for a cashier position for which I had not even applied for. Very dissapointed to have wasted my time.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry guest?
Tell me about yourself?
Why would you want to work at Target?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offer me a position that I was not interested in and had not even applied for. This even after I asked in tbe last interview what position they were interviewing me for! Very dissapointed.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Fresno, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Called them that same day. Had a phone interview the next morning (Tuesday). Had a face to face interview the day after that(Wednesday). I was scheduled a second face to face interview for the following Monday which turned out to be the job offer and drug test. Pretty simple process..

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made a mistake? What type of experience do you have that would relate to the position you're applying for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They tell you the exact amount they will pay you and you either agree to it or not.

Very Easy Interview

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details I had two interviews. All questions were situation based. What would you do if....? A third grader could pass their interviews. Take your time and be detailed in your answers. Tell them what you did, and then tell them what you learned in that particular situation.

Interview Question – There were no difficult answers. They were silly questions that did nothing to weed out poor performers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They dont really negotiate. They have a base and want to start you there.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2014.

Interview Details I was called by the HR to go to an interview that was to be held at an hotel. When i arrived there was a lot of people at the event. When it was my turn for the interview to of targets team members interviewed me.

Interview Question – What achievements are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Human Resources Interview

Executive Team Leader - Human Resources

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details Phone interview, 3 face to face behavioral based interviews. The first interview was a get to know you interview. The second and third interviews were with a store manager and an ETL and the last interview was with the district manager

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member
Newburgh, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details The phone interview was great got asked basic interview questions. When I arrived to the one to one interview I was asked to take a questionnaire before my interview at the target store kiosk. The area where the kiosk was placed was crowded by merchandice that I had to literally squish thru the merchandice to get to the kiosk. When I was done with the questions at the kiosk I waited for another hour to be called by hiring manager for the one to one interview. Once I was being interviewed the manager asked me the same questions I was asked in the phone interview. The hiring manager seemed like he was in a hurry to go home and did not answer questions properly. This was the first interview that was unorganized and inappropriate. They should consider getting a better trained hiring manager.

Interview Question – What can you do to improve them service at Target?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Service and work planning was unorganized

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

Interview Details easy, just be confident and show off your leadership qualities. Target is looking for people that can work with a team and get results. Innovation is a plus, but be yourself, don't try and fit a mold, different types of leaders are needed for different roles, and at different times.

Interview Question – situational questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation...

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!