Target Interview Questions

Updated 29 Sep 2014
4,156 Interview Reviews

2.8

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2009.

The process was easy overall. They were very kind and helpful throughout the entire process. The interview was fairly casual and consisted of basic questions like "describe yourself in three words," "tell me about a difficult situation you overcame," and "how do you work with others." It was straightforward and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenging situation you've found yourself in.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Executive Team Leader - Replenishment Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted by HR. You interview with multiple higher level managers. The questions themselves are pretty routine, but each interviewer has a different set. They're all "Tell me about a time" questions. So have a 5 - 10 stories about experiences you had working or in school (for new grads) that you can relate to different facets of leadership. The questions are all organized around Target's leadership qualities, so each question is supposed to help determine if you have these qualities. These are the leadership expectations, broken down by functional area (Personal, Team, Thought, and Results):
    PERSONAL:
    RESULTS:
    Manages execution
    Drives for results
    Maximizes productivity

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a coworker or superior you struggled with and couldn't agree. I'm paraphrasing but it was something along those lines.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Process took a couple months. Met recruiter at a career fair. Had 3 rounds of interviews. First was a panel of 3 people. Second was with district Manager. Third was over the phone with group manager. All questions were situation based. "Tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided feedback to someone about their performance.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

come interview fill out some paper work wait to be called then had a one on one with someone then answer a series of questions then that will determine hire or no hire when i did my interview i go hired on the spot they told me i was hired and i had to go do a drug test 24 hr prior to me being hired

none

Executive Team Leader - Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target.

They just asked me basic questions of where I prefer working. Not very professional but very comfortable. I think it was because it was a position offered to a college student, they made the interview process very personable and a great environment to make sure I knew the obligations of the job. I definitely felt that I knew what I was getting myself involved with. I really appreciated that they were understanding with my situation of not accepting their offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had a deadline and had to meet it.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

First and second interview are behavioral based interview questions. It is really focused on showing leadership and how you handled situations where there was conflict, etc. Use the STAR method to answer all of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tel me about a time when you failed? Tell me about a time when you overcame adversity? Tell me about a time when there was a conflict you had to handle in either school or work?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

There is three different interviews. They all are very similar in their nature. The interviews are with the team lead, manager, and the human resources person. All of these different people ask you different questions but they are all similar in their nature

Interview Questions
    • Give us a situation where you had to hold or maintain your anger   Answer Question

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

Applied online, and the very next day I got a call from the assistant manager. He asked me a few questions like "Why would you like to work for Target," "Why did you apply for the sales floor position," and "Are you available to work holidays and weekends?" He then told me what I would be making an hour, and scheduled me for an interview a few days later.

On Interview day, they had me sit at a computer and take an assessment, which consisted of "What would you do if" questions and math problems. Not long after that an employee led me to an empty room and had my interview. Questions were mainly like the phone interview, along with questions relating to guest service and working under pressure. After the interview, I was led to another room to talk about drug testing and payrate. Needless to say, I got the job. As long as you are calm and confident, you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Why should Team Members provide excellent guest service to the guests?   Answer Question

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

I applied online, which included a lengthy questionnaire. After I had a very basic phone interview about customer service experience I was asked to come in and interview in-store. The store team-lead himself ended up interviewing me instead of who was supposed to do so. He actively sought to upset me in the interview and asked a lot of hypothetical questions about difficult situations with customers. He also threw around a lot of numbers which he said backed up his assertions. Then five minutes later he would argue from the completely opposite spectrum.

Interview Questions
    • There were quite a few hypothetical situations, the worst was one about a guest who actively tried to pay 2 dollars less for an item and how much money it would lose the store if you gave her 2 dollars off an item or if you made her pay the full amount. The situation was taken way to the extreme, including giving everyone off two dollars and how social media plays a role in commerce.   View Answer

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!