Target

3,948 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2009.

Interview Details The process was easy overall. They were very kind and helpful throughout the entire process. The interview was fairly casual and consisted of basic questions like "describe yourself in three words," "tell me about a difficult situation you overcame," and "how do you work with others." It was straightforward and easy.

Interview Question – Describe a challenging situation you've found yourself in.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Took about 3 weeks for HR to call. The job I originally applied for had been filled. HR asked if was interested in working another area. I was! Had a interview with the TL, and ETL on the same day. Went in a few days later to interview with the store TL ( Manager ).

Interview Question – If a item rings up at $19.99, and the guest says it was marked $17.99 on the shelf. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Clovis, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online only and got a call 2 months later to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and patient but the questions were somewhat hard. There was a lot of "when was a time" type questions that required me to stop and think to past experiences. Overall I was very confident about the interview but I got an email 3 days later saying they weren't interested. The entire interview process only took 5 days but was a waste of time and I felt like I wasn't even considered.

Interview Question – What would your past supervisor say your strengths and weaknesses are? When was a time you went above expectation? When was a time you worked in a team? When was a time that you had to multitask many things at once?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied to Target online on a Tuesday, got emailed back Friday saying they had questions about my application. I called back and they said they wanted to schedule me for an interview. I agreed and it was set for the following Wednesday at the Nicollet Mall Target in Minneapolis. I prepared very well, researching their silly star interview questions and whatnot and I had a good answer for every question they threw at me in the interviews. First I had an interview with a general HR lady, then a second interview with a pharmacist. At the end, she said HR would contact me by the next Wednesday (1 week later). But by Saturday morning they emailed me saying they couldn't offer the position at this time. I guess they didn't think I fit their peppy Target culture well enough. Meh.

Interview Question – 1st interview questions: Tell me about yourself, Name a time when you worked with a team to accomplish a goal, Name a time when you were juggling mutiple tasks and how you handled it, Name a time you went above and beyond your duties. 2nd Interview questions: Why Target? What experience do you have related to this position? Name a time when you made a mistake and how did you deal with it, If we contacted a previous employer what would he say about your strengths, How would you handle a situation where you're working at the cash register when a customer comes up and says a product is $17 but its really $19, How would you handle a situation when there's no shoes of a certain size for a parent's kid, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2011.

Interview Details I applied as a sales floor team member. I was contacted via phone one week later and asked to come in for a secondary interview since we spoke on the phone for a while. The interview was what would be expected. Relatively short and talked mostly about customer service.

Cafe Team Member - Food Service Interview

Cafe Team Member - Food Service

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details I submitted a application online, called twice within a weeks time to ask for an interview, no response. Following week got called to come in for an interview. Ended up being a event where they were interviewing a lot of people. Got interviewed twice by two different employees and offered a job on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected, they ask the normal 'tell me about a time, ect'. But also asked a scenario about what to do if someone was unable to find an item. Obvious answer was call some to check back room, not available offer to call another store or have item bought online.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really. Explained what days and times wouldn't be available and they were very flexible.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Backroom Team Member
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details 3 days after i applied, they called and did the phone interview. then they set up face to face interview the next day. it was a less than an hour they interview me then they called the team leader to see if there is availability. i was irritated because they wasted my time interviewing and end up telling me there is no available and they just hired someone else few days ago.

Interview Question – easy questions such as why you want to work at target, experiences related.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

Interview Details If you are applying here, prepare for a figurative Dog and Pony show. I lost track of how many different people I had phone conversations with, met in person or how many online personality tests I took. However, the worst aspect of this whole ordeal were the six random behavioral based questions everyone seemed to ask you. Anyway, I applied online, had a phone conversation with someone in HR, then the process went from there, where I met or talked with various Store Team Leaders or Executive Team Leaders and one Business Partner.

Unbiased advice:Stay away from this company.

Interview Question – Name a time you failed in a task or goal, what did you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate a raise and I was told "Target's offer is fair, and in line with many other entry level positions in the area."

Basically, 'Take it or leave it, bub.'

Very Easy Interview

Waukesha, WI (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details I did a application and was called the next day for a phone interview! Question s were... Why Are You Interested For Working At Target? What are your experiences that relates to the job? What are your strengths/weaknesses? Scenarios: Describe a time you were part of a team? Name a time you had multiple things to do in a short period of time? Name a time you went above and beyond to meet a customer expectations? Than they schedule you a face to face interview 1-2 days after. They ask you the same questions don't be nervous take your time and answer them the best way you can. You will know if you have the job at the end of the interview. TIP: If you're told we have more applicants to interview you did not get the job but apply again at a different target. GOODLUCK!!!

Interview Question – All customers are your number one priority just make sure they leave the store happy and satisfied.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None I accepted the offer that was given to me!

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!