Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2009.

Interview Details The process was easy overall. They were very kind and helpful throughout the entire process. The interview was fairly casual and consisted of basic questions like "describe yourself in three words," "tell me about a difficult situation you overcame," and "how do you work with others." It was straightforward and easy.

Interview Question – Describe a challenging situation you've found yourself in.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details First interview was via phone with recruiter. Very pleasant call. She immediately set me up with a F2F interview at local store with store manager, followed by a web conference interview with regional manager the next day. I was impressed at how quickly they moved through those first few steps. Everyone was very nice, in fact possibly too nice because I left each interview feeling like I was a great fit - so was very surprised when I was later turned down.
I have to give it an overall negative rating, because I think a company like Target can do a better job than simply updating your status to "no longer under consideration for this position." At least type up a template email to send to candidates like myself who went through 3 interviews. Also, while the 3 interviews were scheduled quickly, afterwards it was over a month before I heard anything at all, and again it was only the status update on the site. I emailed the recruiter 2 weeks after my last interview to check in, and received no response. I know we are all supposed to feel sorry for the poor, overworked recruiter, but it's amazing how they have all the time in the world for you at first, but can't take the time to answer you after you interview.

Interview Question – I felt that all questions were pretty standard. Greatest strength, greatest weakness, "tell me about a time when" types of questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details They reached out in an email to set up a time where they could call me. Once the day came they were punctual and started the interview right away. The recruiter was very nice and courteous.

Interview Question – What is one of your weaknesses?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Northridge, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details Filled out at computer, had interview and got job

Interview Question – Tell me a situation were you? Really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We would like to give you a job.

Executive Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details Applied through college program. The interview consisted of a phone screening, following an interview with the District Team Leader. Interview lasted only 20 minutes, with behavioral questions. I received a call for an offer 30 minutes after leaving the interview.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to motivate a group of people and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Leader Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details The hiring and interviewing process was intense. Be ready to go to an interview at the drop of the dime and be ready to go at any hour of the day. It is a series of 3 interviews the first you are interviewed by 2 people in one day they will call you about a week later to set up the next review and same with the following interview

Interview Question – All of the questions are situational   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered based on the average hourly pay I had researched for the position

Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details online application, phone interview

Interview Question – Describe when you made a mistake and how you got through it?   View Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Target in December 2013.

Interview Details Initial call was a phone screening, then moved onto an in person interview. With target, all their questioning is behavioral and sometimes a bit challenging in my opinion. I had prepared as many situations and behavioral questions I could have and was still taken by surprise during the in person interview. They were, surprisingly, very fast with setting up interviews. The entire process only took about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to give something up to achieve something else.   Answer Question

Group Leader - DC Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details I initially applied for the Executive Team Leader position in-store, but was contacted by a Target recruiter about a higher paying position as Group Leader at the Distribution Center. We setup a phone screening for a few days later. My recruiter was extremely friendly and very upfront about both the process and the expectations for the job. We setup a phone interview, again with the recruiter, for a few days later. I was given the 3 topics we would cover and was told my response needed to be in the STAR format. I also had to complete a leadership assessment. The math part was tough and I was told they never share your results. When told I was being put forward, everyone was really accommodating to the fact that I was not able to get to a nearby Target. The interviews were the next week over Skype and again I was given the 11 STAR format behavior questions I would be asked. They asked some typical questions on top, but it was pretty straight forward and my recruiter setup a pre-interview phone meeting a few days before to make sure I was prepared. I felt like the whole process was extremely well organized and professional, and all of the tools to succeed were given. I have been extremely impressed.

Interview Question – They were all basic behavioral time questions. No real surprises because they prepped you with them ahead of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but I chose not to. They are a big corporation and know what you are worth.

Group Leader - DC Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details Went to a career fair at my school and talked to a recruiter. He called me back a couple hours later to set up an interview.

1st Interview: With a senior group leader. All behavorial based questions. STAR format.

2nd Interview: Was called a few days later and scheduled for a tour and 3 more interviews, round robin style. When I got there they took us on a tour then had a presentation before our interviews. The interviews were each with 2 upper level managers, one being the GM. All behavorial again/ STAR format.

3rd Interview: Got a call the next day saying that they all liked the fit and scheduled me for an interview with the HR director for the region at HQ. The interview lasted 10min and consisted of 2 behavorial and one question about why I wanted to work at Target.

Received an offer 2 days later.

Biggest thing, that can't be emphasized enough, is to have confidence and know the STAR format.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to confront a group member who wasn't pulling their weight   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Good offer for coming out of college.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice. All 3,589 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.