Tata Consultancy Services

2,031 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2014.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interview
Technical round
Managerial round
HR round

The interview process was so smooth.
I have received a mail from one of their HRs about an opening. I have sent my resume to the HR and received a confirmation mail from him that the profile got shortlisted and he has asked me to attend face to face interview and has communicated to me the interview time and venue after consulting with me about my freetime.

I reached the venue on time and everything has gone super smooth.

Tech round has happened with 2 technical persons in the panel.
I have cleared that round and was asked to wait for the Managerial round.

Managerial round is just to know about your thought process and your real time experience.
Manager was so dignified and he has spoken so smoothly and also has great patience to hear out what we say.

The Manager has signed on a paper on the spot, letting me know of my success in the interview and has asked to go meet HR for package negotiation.

HR round has also happened the same day and the package was satisfactory.

The entire process above was completed in a matter of 5 hours.

Interview Question – Your profile seems to be comprising of 80% of production support experience.
What we need is a hardcore developer and one who is productive from day 1.
How do you think you would justify the job, given the offer?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What they offered was quite satisfactory and I have negotiated and have demanded a little more.

I guess they would've given even if I demanded more.

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details Applied through college campus!
There were 2 aptitudes.
1st- Normal Aptitude, Maths and Logical.
2nd- Email writing
After that, There were 3 interview rounds, technical, MR and HR. In technical they asked all about my projects, and simply 1 or 2 DBMS questions. In next round they asked me about my hobbies and strengths and weaknesses. In HR they merely asked about relocation compatibility.

Interview Question – They asked if U were to explain Big Data and Hadoop technology to a lame person, how would U do it?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Brahmapur (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2012.

Interview Details Its an off campus drive .
It had been a Three round process.
1. written test
2. Technical interview
3. HR
Written test is all about general aptitude,quantitative aptitude and some reasoning .
Technical Round is all about your some knowledge on basic study and your project details

Interview Question – Generally they are from your academic projects   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

ASE Trainee Interview

ASE Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2011.

Interview Details Topped don't need a test, just an interview is conducted which is fairly easy. There aren't any technical stuffs asked; even the guys sitting in TCS bench come to conduct the interviews. So, you can guess the level of the interview. The mainly ask noob HR questions...

Interview Question – easy!!!!   Answer Question

Assistant Consultant Interview

Assistant Consultant
Vadodara (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2014.

Interview Details There was an apptitute test. It was pretty easy and it had quant questions, logical reasoning, and AR. Besides there were few verbal questions. If you have done CAT coaching, you will nail it. Also we had to write an essay to prove our writing skills. After that we had 2 interviews, 1 tech and 1 HR. Questions were pretty basic, some sorting algo, trees, etc.

Interview Question – I was asked a Dynamic programming question which i couldn;t asnwer   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2013.

Interview Details Past experience, why TCS, what were the experience in ecommerce. Experience in analytical roles, why TCS makes your choice.
Not many questions.
One interview question was what's the trends in retailing/manufacturing on technology side.

Interview Question – Compare and contrast indian vs US automotive OEM scenario   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary. got a above average hike.

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details TCS hires from College campus, TCS hires from Bring Your buddy i.e. employees acn refer other experienced person and then interview will be conducted if required, TCS hires from Lateral Hiring and TCS hires from Walk ins.

Fresher Interview

Fresher

I applied online and interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details very difficult process only those who have written gate can clear the interview. very difficult process only those who have written gate can clear the interview. very difficult process only those who have written gate can clear the interview. very difficult process only those who have written gate can clear the interview. very difficult process only those who have written gate can clear the interview

Interview Question – all aptitude bit difficult   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details was campus recruitment process and was thru test and interview. It is the standard process probably followed in many colleges. TCS is one of the highest takers of students from colleges and provides training to them to make them ready for the software industry.

Interview Question – Physcometric test   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer
Dehradun (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

Interview Details TCS had come to our campus for recruitment.Minimum percentage required in Graduation is 60%.
First round is Written.It is online test which comprises Analytical Ability,Logical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning Question.
After getting through the written part,next round is technical interview.
In Technical Interview the questions are asked on C,C++,Java and database.If you are from ECE branch as I was questions will also be asked regarding switches,gates,transistors.
Then comes the Managerial round,here you will be given some situation regarding the peopleand solution will asked.Your future aspirations will also be asked so be prepared for that.
Finally the HR round,here you ill be asked to give your intro,weakness,strengths and hobbies.Be confident and you will get through.

Interview Question – Whole Networking was asked.Protocols.UDP.FTP in depth .BE prepared for such bouncers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.For Campus Recruitees fixed package of 316000 was given.