Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014
2,231 Interview Reviews

2.8

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

as i was among the top 5 ranks in my college,i dint have an apps round. instead there was direct hr round.
     hr asked questions based on my resume. some of the technical questions were also there.

Interview Questions
    • every question was from computer basics i.e from c and java   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Written test, technical interview, manger round and hr round, Some time happens by phone . Scheduled interviews , for more than 3 yrs there won't be any written test and others there will be a written test

Systems Engineer Interview

3 rounds of interview on same day. Started from morning 9am till night 9pm. One Technical, One with Manager and one final HR round.
    In technical(30 mins) they asked 90% about java and J2EE as thats my expertise. Many tough questions on multi threading.
    Second round - 20 mins (no technical here)
    third round - half an hour - had long discussion(read negotiation) about salary

Interview Questions
    • Explain Synchronization...followed by many counter questions   View Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I appeared for the interview through campus placements.
     It consisted of three rounds
    1. Written test(aptitude and verbal).
    2. Technical interview.
    3. Managerial HR round and normal HR.

Written test was online and had first verbal which consisted of e-mail writing according to what scenario they give. they will give few words which needs to be used in the email without changing their tenses. Make sure to use all the words they give, otherwise it wont be evaluated. It is for 10 marks an 10 minutes is given for writing.
    After 10 minutes it automatically will move onto analytical session. It had 30 questions of different weight-age. Questions where on probability,numbers,directions,series,permutation and combination etc. Scientific calculator was allowed(it was provided in the online console).

Those short-listed students had technical interview for about 20-45 minutes. It was easy for me. As i took core profile most of the questions were based on my core subjects. They will ask which are your favourite subjects. Don't be specific on your subject, just say you like circuits and digital electronics.
    Only basic questions will be asked. And of course questions on c and c++ were asked.

In managerial HR, they asked if I am willing to relocate anywhere in India and asked if I am willing to write a bond for 2 years. And asked about what I know about TCS and why I want to join TCS.

In HR I was asked about my hobbies. And asked why they should hire me and asked about my strengths. Keep smiling and be honest and have a sense of humour, then definitely you will get into TCS.

I hope this was helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever thought why we should write code inside main, why not outside.   Answer Question
    No being a fresher I think we have no rights to negotiate.

Assistant Consultant Interview

I haven't attended any interviews in last 1.6 years, would willing to try for the opportunities which can either include BIG DATA(Hive and Pig) or ETL(Informatica). Since I have 1.6 years of expereince in BIG DATA(HIVE and PIG). So like to use this additional skillset along with ETL exp to get the best of all the jobs

Interview Questions
    • None as of now I had faced which is difficult and currently I'm havent faced any interview for BIG DATA technology   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

I was recruited on campus visit.There was one written exam followed by personal interview. Both written and interview was of average difficulty, they asked logical questions on technology and some puzzles. They immediately gave offer letter immediately, and the joining letter followed before I could finish my graduation.

There was no negotiation for on campus recruit.

Systems Engineer Interview

I was interviewed through campus.It was a cakewalk because I had good communication skills.Initially they do also take a assessment quiz with Maths and logical section. Assessment Quiz was more so available on internet or check with sample questions.They are generally on the same pattern.

Interview Questions
    • They generally look for good communication skills with some bit of logical thinking.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madurai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madurai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2014.

Online aptitute test was conducted for 90 minutes with 10 mins of verbal ebility test and 80 mins aptitude which consists of 30 questions. It has the very easy selection process. After getting through the aptitude test we get to meet H.R directly.

Interview Questions
    • aptitude problems based on age, time speed and distance were asked. Many stress questions were asked   Answer Question

I belong to mechanical engineering disciple and the job was IT. So I declined the offer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

interview process was of only two rounds. first was aptitude test and second was interview. aptitude test included verbal (email writing) of 10 minutes and analytical (quant and logical) of 80 minutes. the interview has 1 to 3 rounds depending upon the number of HR present in the room. one HR means 3 rounds, 3 HR means only one round. i had one round. interview questions were mostly HR and related to whatever written in the CV. technical questions were easy as i am not a comp sc/ IT student. some basic C or C++ programs should be practiced well to get through the interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if i reject you without any explanation? what would be your reaction towards me?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

aptitude written test consisting 30 question in 80 minutes. then verbal ability test. this was mail writing using all the phrases given there in more than 50 words.Time limit for this was 10 minute. Then interview round.

Interview Questions
    • Not such. Normal questions. But you will not be able to know what they want.   Answer Question