Tata Consultancy Services

Updated 22 Jan 2015
2,437 Interview Reviews

2.8

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Three levels of interview where there.
    Technical Round : Being an IT student , it was an easy one with basic programming questions.
    Other two rounds where also easy.
    TCS takes in a bulk from campus interviews.
    Things to take care.
    - No blunders in front of interviewer.
    - Carry good confidence and positive attitude.
    - Back logs should not be there.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about networking which i had told as my favorite subject   Answer Question

Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

It was campus interview for me.
    1st round was Online test with standard set of questions where we new the answers already.
    Then written test where I was asked to write Class for hotel management.
    Then face to face interview. I was asked about the basic questions of C and C++ and data structures. Like linked list, stacks, Queues.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

TCS came to our campus,but as my college is not a well recognized college it tool only few people and luckily i'm one of them.hiring process consists of 3 rounds..
    1.aptitude
    2.tr interview
    3.hr interview
                            aptitude consists of moderate level questions ,besides aptitude one should pass through email writing .then comes tr and hr interview,theyll check for people who show enthusiasm to work,learn and confidence plays an important role

Consultant Interview

first round was written round consist of 50 questions..easy aptitude.
    second round was technical interview in which they asked about the basics of your stream.
    thirs was the HR interview just to confirm your selection.

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The hiring proccess took 1 month, it was very fast, and the people from HR was nice, and professional, after that they called me and made a money offer, was good for a starting.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

One phone interview, and one face-to-face. Two individuals interviewed me and one did all the talking. He was very knowledgable and they made me feel comfortable. the interview started on time and lasted for 20 minutes. I got an offer two day later.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but I was impressed by the knowledge of the intervewer   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

The interview was simple. As I was not from a computer science background I was asked only fewer questions. They inquired about the projects I did. I had done about 4 different projects so my interview prolonged as I had to explain them all the projects. They were convinced to hire me when I finished the interview.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

the interview process consisted of 2 rounds
    -> written test which is difficult equal to CAT level
    ->face to face technical interview ,basic question were asked among computer subjects easy to crack just brush up the basics and database is important some basics were asked

Interview Questions
    no negotiation fixed pay for fresher

Project Manager Interview

Walk-in and multiple rounds, HR and Management Interviews. Tata Consultancy Services negotiate a lot on the salary. Don't negotiate on the CTC but negotiate on the fixed component.
    Be careful before appearing for interview at the Tata Consultancy Services. This is not a place recommended for Senior, experienced and good performers. You could be asked to leave the company any time, while you are in active assignment with this company.

I can say TCS is not at all a pay master

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

After the verbal(skills of letter writing is tested along with grammar)
    Second step was apti. questions were average
    then interview.
    Interviews are usually not so tough
    once you qualify the apti you have a chance of clearing the interview if you have good communication skills.