Tate & Lyle Interview Questions

Updated 24 Aug 2014

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Initially interviewed for the transformation programme, however due to limited business transformation knowledge on the part of the main hiring manager the interview process got stalled.

I was then invited back for further interview within the company for normal project management duties, but still with the same set of criteria and requirements as for the transformation programme.

Very lengthy interview process and it seems the norm to be interviewed by 5/6 people either simultaneously or in sequence.

The interview process in general is what you expect from a FTSE100 company, competency based questions and scenarios of previous experiences and knowledge.

Not much negotiation

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Met with HR Manager and EA, then chat with Hiring Manager. Standard interview questions about background, experience and skills. Chat about culture fit and expectations of role.

Production Engineer Interview

on site interviewed with multiple manager and senior managment within the company as well as got a tour of the process areas that they have. Got to have lunch inbetwen session to get a to know people inbetween interview sessions. Interview was long so be prepared to talk alot and have plenty of questions to interview the people you are talking to.

Process Operator Interview

Take a 3 hour aptitude/skills test along with other applicants. Test includes math skills, thinking skills, mechanical aptitude, visual comprehension, etc.

If you pass the test you will be scheduled for an interview. The interview was a few weeks after the test.

The interview is usually conducted by two groups of two people, some in management, and some representing the union officials.

After a successful interview a job offer is extended.

There is a week-long orientation process before being placed within the plant (you have no say which department you're going)

Interview Questions
    • The most important thing they are looking for is a familiarity or at least a commitment to a safety regime since the number one buzzword in the plant is "safety." Do not tell stories that demonstrate risky behavior, aversion to authority, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay is per union contract.

Process Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Very friendly.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tate & Lyle.

First a college interview by two people. Followed by an invitation for a plant tour and more interviews. A total of 9+ people interviews 1:1 and as a group. Each had different questions about our experience, interest and education.

Interview Questions
    • The question relating to the corn smell in the plant was difficult to answer because it was a smell you didn't expect.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tate & Lyle in March 2012.

Intimidating. Multiple people interviewed together

Working hours

General Management Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tate & Lyle in October 2011.

Staffing agency was very professional and organized. Had phone interview, video interview, two in-person interviews. Met with top two key executives with organization. HR was extremely professional. Top executive was complacent, negative to CEO and otherwise not overly positive about organization and strategic initiative CEO had in motion. Unprofessional, and very surprising.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tate & Lyle in February 2010.

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and was invited to interview on-site. I prepared for the on-site interview and researched the company which made the interview process a lot easier. I found out after the interview that they would only reimburse me for the airfare and the hotel. I had to absorb all other costs.

Interview Questions
    • What position do you expect to have 5 years from now?   View Answer

No relocation was offered and the salary was lower than my current salary

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Tate & Lyle in January 2010.

I applied nearly six months before even being called. After that you go through two round robin style interviews. They last about three hours each. After that things move very quickly

It is all union so no negotiations are done.Pay is grEAAAAT