Teach for America

3.5

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Teach for America.

Filled out the 4th deadline online application the night before the deadline and was notified within two weeks that I had been advanced to the final interview stage, skipping the phone interview. My final interview was about 3 weeks later and I had to complete an online activity. I prepared my sample teach the night before, read the 3 required articles. The group interview was approximately 2 hours long - short presentation first, then sample teaches (roughly 7 people candidates interviewing), then the group problem-solving activity, and then signing up for idividual interviews. The individual interview was about 1 hour long.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the most challenging part was that mine was a virtual interview, which placed some limitations on the sample teaches. Overall in the personal interview I got the impression that they wanted statistics - how many members did I lead in my extracurricular activity, how much of an improvement that was over the previous year, the size of our budget, etc.   View Answer

My finals conflicted with the Summer Institute.

Corps Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teach for America in April 2013.

They are really looking for people that have coveted college degree and solid internships from blue-chip company, because for TFA corps members are its product, which they use to sell their "mission." Do your best to present yourself accordingly and convince them that YOU will make them look good when they sell you to their partnering schools. Look up "exit ticket"...and use it in your 5 minute demo.

No negotiation.

Corps Member Interview

Make sure you emphasize how you have dealt with difficult circumstances, as they are looking for teachers who can deal with difficult times and not quit. Showing interest to a Campus Coordinator and reaching out to your regional representative means a lot. TFA monitors your interactions with them religiously (word for word) so be persistent and send a consistent message.

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England
    Anonymous Employee in City of London, England

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Teach for America in April 2009.

i just send them my cv and they mail me back for online interview

Interview Questions

i was not in the condition to move on the time.

I applied online – interviewed at Teach for America.

The interview process is very thorough. There are many rounds to go through, I would say with increasing difficulty. They are looking for a well-rounded individual and someone who is passionate about TFA's mission. It helps if you're from a disadvantaged background because it gives you a personal connection with the issue.

TFA Corps Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America.

First, I applied online. Then waited for the decision. Afterwards, I had my final interview. I was abroad at the time, so I had to do a virtual interview. The entire interview process was pretty lengthy.

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America in February 2015.

Very straightforward phone interview. Standard questions. Be yourself, but be serious about TFA. I enjoyed the interview experience thoroughly. The interview highlights what TFA stands for and without saying, they let you know what they're seeking.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult challenge that you've faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Teach for America.

Got contacted by on-campus recruiter and was told to apply. I applied, didn't have to do a phone interview, and was moved on to the final interview. The final interview was in group format and they gave us a scenario to discuss and a quick 5 minute teaching lesson. After that, we had one on one interviews with our group interview facilitators.

Interview Questions

I felt like I wanted to do something else with my career projectile and if I didn't have a great passion for TFA after the interview process then I probably shouldn't waste their time by not putting my all into being a corps member.

Corps Member Interview

Interview process took over a month, but it was a great experience. You get to learn about the organization and how you can make an impact. Make sure you express your passion and be involved in the group portion of the interview. Be confident and you will do well!

Teaching Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview process takes about a month. There are many components: application, phone interview, 2 recommendations, test, and a whole day interview. The day interview consisted of four parts. Each candidate prepares a teaching sample. Then, here is a group activity followed by questions. In the afternoon, each candidate has a personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a students in being unresponsive?   Answer Question