Telefónica Interview Questions

Updated 8 Sep 2014
Updated 8 Sep 2014

2.7

Retail Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica.

The whole process was very fast paced, and everything was straightforward no cutting corners needed. I was browsing the internet looking for employment in my local area and I had seen that the local O2 store had positions available and vacancies being advertised.

I made a crafty visit over to the Telefonica careers website, filled out my details and sent off my application. I received an email 2 days later stating that I had made it through the first stage and had to arrange a telephone interview which was in 3 days time, booked a time slot via an email link they had sent me and submitted my preferred time.

In preparation for the telephone interview I searched the internet for the typical phone interview questions and typed up some answers for the few I found. The plan was to use these as rebound cushions in the worst case scenario, I was so psyched up for the interview that I didn't even need to look at my "model answers" Even the lady on the phone complimented me for how well the interview went, and how much of a pleasure it was talking to me She emailed me over the details and booked me in for a face to face interview the following week.

On the day of the interview I was so pumped up I walked into the store told a member of staff that I was there for an interview, she gave the manager a shout to which I greeted him with a firm handshake and a compliment on how the store looked *good first impressions an all*. He sat me down in the staff room and offered me a cold drink something which I have never had offered to me in an interview before? When things got started I was expressing myself as I usually would and was explaining myself clearly with a touch of the comedic flair to tip the balance which had the manager laughing. Face to Face interview lasted around 40+ minutes, took a copy of my passport and NI number shook hands and I headed off. As soon as I left the building I had this feeling that that interview couldn't have gone any better!

Got a telephone call on the same day offering me the position to which I accepted! Officially start next week, can't wait to see how things go! Massive thumbs up to O2 for their interview process!!

Process only took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Asks me to show him my mobile phone

Can you explain to me what it is that you like the most about the iPhone 5C?

Can you explain what it is exactly that you dislike most about the iPhone 5C?
        Answer Question

none

Head of Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in March 2014.

Where do I start? No clear process or even knowledge of how to interview from the 5 directors! I was dealing with a great recruitment consultant who was close to the business and who shared with me much about the company and role. He was clear to outline that they were going through a change process and so this role was strategic to them going forward.

I was asked to attend an interview with the founder, this then was changed to a telephone interview and I prepared for the call. I waited for 2 hours for the call to take place, finally hearing that there was a 'client issue' which had to be attended to. Fine these things happen, a note might have been helpful but happy to reschedule. The call was arranged for a later date and I thought that it went really well. Some great concepts discussed, sharing of ideas and overall very positive. I was really interested in the role post call and keen to move forward.

I was asked to prepare a presentation and to talk about talent management programmes etc. I did so and arrived for the interview. A lovely lady met me from the reception and put me in a room... all five of the directors arrived for my interview, no introductions were made, they asked me to go forward to my presentation and this is where things became really strange.

I tried to open up the conversation to gain some further information and to tailor my presentation, the room was not friendly at all. I was speaking about talent and HR processes and what I had delivered for other clients of mine and I was told not to refer to case studies and only to talk about what I would do for them. Of course I backtracked and made an effort to tailor my presentation, I introduced some very basic models to help identify talent and was starting to talk about how to deploy these when the gentleman who I had spoken to on the telephone stopped me, told me that he didn't want to hear any more and that I should leave.

I have to say, as far as an interview process goes, the strangest that I have ever experienced in my life! A huge opportunity for the person who is chosen to make a big difference as to how these guys operate.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that there was not an introduction piece to the interview, an opportunity to break the ice and get to know each other. I had loads of ideas about how the organisation could tackle their talent programme but could not present a completed programme because I simply did not know enough about their organisation. This is, in my experience, generally discussed at a first round meeting and if I had met with one/two people in the first instance I am sure I would have been in a position to present a tailored presentation.
      What I tried to do was choose clients who were similar and talk about what I had delivered for them, I was told 'not to refer to what you have delivered for others', most bizarre.
        Answer Question

Finance Summer Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Telefónica.

Applied for a position online and then didn't hear back from them until after almost 3 moths. I did online tests and was invited to a video interview. These were mainly competency based questions - nothing unexpected. Then I as invited to AC where we were asked to do group exercise and had 1 to 1 interview with someone from Finance team at Telefonica.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about the time when you had to use your creative thinking to solve a problem   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Telefónica.

I made contact with a senior manager who interviewed me. The initial meeting was positive and we both agreed that my skills and experiences could best be employed with another team. I was given the name of a Senior Recruitment Advisor and advised to contact them which I did by email with telephone follow-up.

Days turned into weeks and then into months and she did not respond! No guidance. No rejection or invitation to further interview. No response even when I asked the senior manager to remind her!

I guess that Telefonica is wrapped up in bureaucracy with people unable to make qualified decisions without the involvement of a committee.

What could have been a professional interview and selection procedure has left me disappointed in Telefonica. I am confident that they have lost a strong candidate!

Interview Questions
    • Be wary of Telefonica Recruitment's lack of responsiveness!   View Answer

Data Analytics Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica.

Online tests were intensive and varied, followed by a video interview. This was a fair assessment and although unfamiliar I think gives the candidate the chance to think whilst answering questions. This was followed by a full day assessment centre including interview, individual and group tasks.

Interview Questions
    • Each interview varied greatly from person to person and I think the company tried hard to let you do your best. They are looking for your strengths rather than trying to trip you up.   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in August 2013.

Applied online. Passed the telephone interview. Telephone interview was CV based and some behavioural questions. Invited for face to face interview. Asked to prepare a document for the interview, which for first instance seems to be very unusual. The interview lasted one and half hour, some technical and behavioural questions. The interviewer was not well prepared for the interview. Did not make any notes, just ask some random questions ( whatever comes to mind first). I thought the interview went well. But no offer was made. They still looking for Mr Perfect for the role. Travel Expense was not paid.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to write a technical specification for one of their product, which was yet to be invented   View Answer

Retail Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in July 2013.

Telephone interview about my CV. Got through to face-to-face interview where again, the store leader overviews your Cv and you must present a speech/pitch on something you are passionate (e.g. sports, own business, arts etc.)

Interview Questions
    • What is the best and worst thing your friend would say about you?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sheffield, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica.

Had to fill in an on-line application, then went to an agency did some numerical test, just behavioural questions such as "what motivates you" why do you want to work in sales etc
    passed that. than i got called to a store interview with manager, he asked me what i know about the store, how i can contribute to the store? what do i know about smart phones?

Interview Questions
    • behaviour - how would you persuade or influence someones decision?   View Answer

Finance Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

interviewed at Telefónica in September 2012.

- Online Tests
    - Skype interview with a member of the HR Department + Give a presentation (10 minutes)
    - Telephone Interview with a member of the Finance Department

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges that O2 will face during the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!