Tesco Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
78 interviews

2.6

Checkout Assistant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Tesco in October 2013.

I applied online doing the usual online questionnaire that comes with applying to work at a supermarket. I passed that by selecting the obvious options and swaying towards the customer service answers.

I then got a call from a Checkout Manager and arranged a 'small interview'. That is exactly what it was, a checkout manager and I went into a small office where she asked me a couple of questions in an informal setting. (The questions that were asked were all in a book and were obviously asked to every single person entering Tesco country-wide).

It was a while ago now but roughly:
    Give me an example of when you provided excellent customer service...

Interview Questions
    • If you haven't been in a retail role then this may be hard to answer but just try and make something up before you go in there so it looks believable.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate pay, was way better than what I was getting. Talked about hours and they were very flexible.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leicester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Tesco in February 2012.

Initial meeting to tell everyone the plan of the day. Simple group exercise, who could build the tallest tower, with time and material constraints. One on one intervies followed, where they sasked when i was free to work and that was about it.

Interview Questions
    Told them i was free all the time, but had to attend college. Was able to work the hours they wanted me to

Customer Assistant Interview

Applied online and was then told few days later to come for an interview. A relatively informal interview with the manager of the department and his manager. Asked some questions about why I wanted the job, my personal interests and my short-term plans. Received a telephone call offering me the job the next day.

Drop Ship Operations Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Welwyn, England
    Anonymous Employee in Welwyn, England

I interviewed online - interviewed at Tesco.

Apply Online by Posting C.V.

Invited to Assessment Centre consisting of:
    - Introduction of yourself and the people you may work with (Icebreaker)
    - Individual Interview
    - Group task of a Preplanned task given by employer
    - Individual Task of coming up with a solution in regards to a problem
    - Smaller Group task of building a structure

Outcome of Interview process given back within a week with feedback also provided.

Solution Architect Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tesco in July 2012.

Initial communication, face to face interviews, group discussions and presentations. It also has a retail specific test and a presentation based on the job you have applied for e.g. project management problem, architecture problem, etc.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Mersea, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mersea, England

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tesco.

Online application, consisting of a questionnaire. Then a phone call and arranged interview at the store location. There is then more 'what would you do' questions in the interview, and a short booklet to fill out. Questions consisted of 'Can you remember a time you...' and 'Describe a time you were...'

there wasnt one.

Manager - Head Office Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tesco.

4 stage interview: HR telephone interview; face-to-face interview plus role play; online psychometric tests; 1 day assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • Decsribe the Pros & Cons of the Tesco Grocery website.   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Tesco.

I went through an external recruitment company. Then had online tests, verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. Then a full day assessment centre involving presentations, group exercises, and interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when a member of your team was experiencing personal difficulties.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hertford, England
    Anonymous Employee in Hertford, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tesco in January 2014.

Application form - straight forward
    Online tests - verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, abstract reasoning
    Telephone interview - why Tesco? Why chosen scheme? Competency questions, How do we stand out from our competitors? What challenges are we facing at the moment? Describe your personal qualities...
    Assessment centre - group icebreaker, individual interview, group discussion task, presentation, group challenge task (build a structure out of paper)
    Known whether successful or not within a couple of days.
    Took weeks to receive detailed feedback.

Interview Questions
    • What are the main challenges facing Tesco at the moment?   View Answer

Clothing Assistant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Tesco.

Individual & group interviews also for first time I got an interview we got questions we needed to discuss between the group and had a 5 minute time limit. And the second time uI got an interview it was we needed to try to build a tower that would stand without falling over and we only got paper & cellotape and a certain amount of time to do it in.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to build a tower as part of a group within a specific time.   View Answer

Worked for Tesco? Contribute to the Community!