Tesco

72 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Solution Architect Interview

Solution Architect

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tesco in July 2012.

Interview Details Initial communication, face to face interviews, group discussions and presentations. It also has a retail specific test and a presentation based on the job you have applied for e.g. project management problem, architecture problem, etc.

Interview Question – How to reduce wastage in stores?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant
West Mersea, England

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tesco.

Interview Details Online application, consisting of a questionnaire. Then a phone call and arranged interview at the store location. There is then more 'what would you do' questions in the interview, and a short booklet to fill out. Questions consisted of 'Can you remember a time you...' and 'Describe a time you were...'

Negotiation Details – there wasnt one.

Manager - Head Office Interview

Manager - Head Office

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tesco.

Interview Details 4 stage interview: HR telephone interview; face-to-face interview plus role play; online psychometric tests; 1 day assessment centre.

Interview Question – Decsribe the Pros & Cons of the Tesco Grocery website.   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Graduate Programmer

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Tesco.

Interview Details I went through an external recruitment company. Then had online tests, verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. Then a full day assessment centre involving presentations, group exercises, and interviews.

Interview Question – Talk about a time when a member of your team was experiencing personal difficulties.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Graduate Scheme
Hertford, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tesco in January 2014.

Interview Details Application form - straight forward
Online tests - verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, abstract reasoning
Telephone interview - why Tesco? Why chosen scheme? Competency questions, How do we stand out from our competitors? What challenges are we facing at the moment? Describe your personal qualities...
Assessment centre - group icebreaker, individual interview, group discussion task, presentation, group challenge task (build a structure out of paper)
Known whether successful or not within a couple of days.
Took weeks to receive detailed feedback.

Interview Question – What are the main challenges facing Tesco at the moment?   View Answer

Clothing Assistant Interview

Clothing Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Tesco.

Interview Details Individual & group interviews also for first time I got an interview we got questions we needed to discuss between the group and had a 5 minute time limit. And the second time uI got an interview it was we needed to try to build a tower that would stand without falling over and we only got paper & cellotape and a certain amount of time to do it in.

Interview Question – Trying to build a tower as part of a group within a specific time.   View Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Tesco.

Interview Details I applied for this job twice, the first time I went through a rigourous interview but unfortunately didn't get the job. The second time I applied I was scheduled for an interview at a date that was inconvenient for me. I phoned to reschedule it, talked to a rude woman who promised to contact me. I was never contacted and it turns out the manager hired one of his friends!

Interview Question – The attitude of the interviewer made me feel like I was being interrogated.   Answer Question

Stock Controller Interview

Stock Controller
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tesco in June 2009.

Interview Details Applied online and got an interview 2 weeks later then managed to get the job on a 12 hour a week contract.

Interview Question – Why do you feel that you are suitable for this working environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a letter in the post about my induction then received my days that I would be working.

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant

Interviewed at Tesco

Interview Details Very formulaic process, but that comes with them hiring hundreds and thousands of people every year. The interview wasn't particularly intimidating, and I was made to feel welcome.

Interview Question – There weren't any real surprises. You might need to think of a time when you went above and beyond customer expectations to help them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Checkout Assistant Interview

Checkout Assistant
Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tesco in September 2013.

Interview Details Interview began with being took to shop floor to help pack bags as they wanted to see how I interacted with customers and colleagues. They then asked me ten questions, two each based on a certain area e.g. my team work, following rules and procedures, my integrity, dealing with a difficult customer, overcoming disappointment, helping someone who hadn't asked for help.

My interview was today and was told I would find out within 3 weeks whether I was successful or unsuccessful. However the woman told me I did very well and would I consider working in another store close by aswell.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult question was how I overcame any rules or procedures I didn't agree with or wasn't happy about.   Answer Question

Worked for Tesco? Contribute to the Community!