Tesco

Updated 28 Jan 2015
Updated 28 Jan 2015

2.5

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later to arrange a 1 on 1 interview. The interview was relaxed and pretty informal. There were no difficult questions and the interviewer was very friendly. Was told that I would receive a phone call the next day as she wouldn't normally say this but that I would be perfect for the position.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about about yourself" "Why tesco" No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Technology Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tesco.

Online app
    Online tests
    Telephone interview- 14 questions, general why the scheme followed by competency questions make sure you have multiple examples

Assessment day- the day was amazing, very relaxed and everyone was so helpful and friendly. The day consists of :
    1) a business case- read and present your findings, some q and a
    2) group task, work well as a team and demonstrate tesco's key competences. Be yourself
    3) the best part- a 3d cv, where you have to talk about yourself and make it exciting, bringing it to life
    4) interview- similar to the phone interview

Last but not least enjoy, it was an excellent experience for me, I can't fault anything. GO on Tesco

Interview Questions
    • Why tesco?
      Current challenges?
      What others do different?

View Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco.

Very simple questions; e.g when has someone trusted you with something, basic competencies.
    Smile lots and you should be fine! Also make sure that you are polite as they are essentially testing how well you could interact with customers.

Tesco Mobile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tesco.

Tesco Mobile jobs don't come up that often and usually appear on the careers website, You send in your C.V. and application online. I am told by someone in Tesco that you are assigned points which go to your overall score, these depend on you application. I am also told that the Tesco Mobile roles is a cushy one, with no hard sell, and it's very difficult to get a hired because most/all Mobile positions are taken by people already working in store.

Personnel Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tesco in January 2015.

The day was a full assessment day at a hotel conference room near Hatfield. There was a really relaxed, open feeling even though the day was attended by many senior members of Tesco- some who had been part of the business for 20 years, one woman who had just joined the day before! It was therefore a great opportunity to get to ask some of these people questions (in the final one-to-one presentation task, or at lunch) and to really test the vibe of the working environment.

The day started with us all (8 girls, one boy, one non-attendee) in a meeting room slotted between these Tesco vets. We had a simple ice breaker (one item to a desert island) and watched a video about the Tesco offices and working ethos. We were then split into two groups for the task. My group's order was: 3D CV, forty minute break. Group 'Business strategy' task, 20 minute break. Lunch. 20 minute break. 20 minutes for planning for an individual presentation on one of three ideas. A really long accidental break whilst they hustled the Tesco staff into individual rooms, whilst we sat there with our finished presentations, unable to touch them. 30 minutes giving the presentation and answering questions. Then hanging around at the end for the Tesco staff to say goodbye.

The 3D CV is very trendy now, two girls brought baking and offered it to the interviewers, which I found odd. The 'Business Analyst' task was amazing, there was an interactive video feed where new information kept flashing up as tweets or news blasts to try and make you re-think the answer you gave to the proposal. The presentation task involved reading a booklet of information, and then deciding which one of three directions you should take 'Potter's' business strategy in, before presenting it to a Tesco team member.

The cons were: long waiting times, the 8 pages of feedback we received with some strongly negative comments, the embarassing-ness of writing and giving a 3D CV.

The pros were: Becky, the graduate from last year! So kind, so helpful, so wise. The lovely environment that all the Tesco staff managed to give off. The lunch! The other people there. Having such a small group really killed any kind of competitive vibe and I would really look forward to working with any of them again.

Interview Questions
    • 'What are your three worst qualities' and 'Give an example of a time where you failed to meet a deadline'.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tesco.

Applied online
    Was called a week or two later and asked if I could come in for a interview (one on one)
    Interview was relaxed, questions included were about times when you have had to change your behaviour, a time when you have been under pressure, a time that you have worked in a group.

Interview Questions
    • A time you have had to change your behaviour   View Answer
    Just make sure you have answers to the questions before the interview because If you think on the spot you might not give a good answer

Stock Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tesco.

Had read a lot of previous interview questions on here for similar jobs before. interview was straightforward, asked questions from a booklet and then interviewer wrote down my answers. questions asked were 1) a time you had a complaint from a customer and how you dealt with it. 2) A time you worked in a team 3) A time you worked under pressure 4) a time you changed your behavior from someone else. there were 2 interviewers both seemed chilled out. after interview i was placed at a cashier not on the tills but just by another employee to see how i was around with customers and other employees. will here back from them in a week

Interview Questions
    • a time you had a complaint from a customer and how you dealt with it. Was thrown by this question as i didn't prepare for it at all due to not coming across it. my own fault i should have prepared more.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

Group interview,The first question tell me more about yourself. The second question explain a time when you have gone out of your way to help someone,
    Very formulaic process, After answering the questions we were split into groups of three.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

I had applied online last week wherein I have filled the questionnaire regarding normal situations at store and how do I respond to them. This week I got a call for assessment at their store. We were 4 people and the session started with introduction, followed by paper tower making of 6" and me n my partner could do it successfully followed by few questions on team work. Then we moved on to one to one interview which lasted for 15-20 minutes with basic questions like what does teamwork and customer service mean to you. The interviewer was very nice and down to earth person and I really felt at ease and comfortable during the entire process. The results will be communicated in a Weeks’s time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tesco in December 2014.

After arriving the group of six people was split into two groups of three. We were asked to build a 6 foot tower with a three coloured flag on top out of 6 sheets of A2 paper. After this there was a brief one to one interview followed by a group interview where we were asked to discuss what we thought good and bad customer service was. Following this we were taken down onto the shop floor where we did some stock replenishment followed by some time on the check out.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel the here were any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question