Tesco

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Leicester, England

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Tesco in February 2012.

Interview Details Initial meeting to tell everyone the plan of the day. Simple group exercise, who could build the tallest tower, with time and material constraints. One on one intervies followed, where they sasked when i was free to work and that was about it.

Interview Question – When are you free to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told them i was free all the time, but had to attend college. Was able to work the hours they wanted me to

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant

Interviewed at Tesco

Interview Details Applied online and was then told few days later to come for an interview. A relatively informal interview with the manager of the department and his manager. Asked some questions about why I wanted the job, my personal interests and my short-term plans. Received a telephone call offering me the job the next day.

Interview Question – Why are you passionate about the brand?   Answer Question

Drop Ship Operations Support Assistant Interview

Drop Ship Operations Support Assistant
Welwyn, England

I applied online and interviewed at Tesco.

Interview Details Apply Online by Posting C.V.

Invited to Assessment Centre consisting of:
- Introduction of yourself and the people you may work with (Icebreaker)
- Individual Interview
- Group task of a Preplanned task given by employer
- Individual Task of coming up with a solution in regards to a problem
- Smaller Group task of building a structure

Outcome of Interview process given back within a week with feedback also provided.

Solution Architect Interview

Solution Architect

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tesco in July 2012.

Interview Details Initial communication, face to face interviews, group discussions and presentations. It also has a retail specific test and a presentation based on the job you have applied for e.g. project management problem, architecture problem, etc.

Interview Question – How to reduce wastage in stores?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant
West Mersea, England

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tesco.

Interview Details Online application, consisting of a questionnaire. Then a phone call and arranged interview at the store location. There is then more 'what would you do' questions in the interview, and a short booklet to fill out. Questions consisted of 'Can you remember a time you...' and 'Describe a time you were...'

Negotiation Details – there wasnt one.

Manager - Head Office Interview

Manager - Head Office

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tesco.

Interview Details 4 stage interview: HR telephone interview; face-to-face interview plus role play; online psychometric tests; 1 day assessment centre.

Interview Question – Decsribe the Pros & Cons of the Tesco Grocery website.   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Graduate Programmer

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Tesco.

Interview Details I went through an external recruitment company. Then had online tests, verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. Then a full day assessment centre involving presentations, group exercises, and interviews.

Interview Question – Talk about a time when a member of your team was experiencing personal difficulties.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Graduate Scheme
Hertford, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tesco in January 2014.

Interview Details Application form - straight forward
Online tests - verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, abstract reasoning
Telephone interview - why Tesco? Why chosen scheme? Competency questions, How do we stand out from our competitors? What challenges are we facing at the moment? Describe your personal qualities...
Assessment centre - group icebreaker, individual interview, group discussion task, presentation, group challenge task (build a structure out of paper)
Known whether successful or not within a couple of days.
Took weeks to receive detailed feedback.

Interview Question – What are the main challenges facing Tesco at the moment?   View Answer

Clothing Assistant Interview

Clothing Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Tesco.

Interview Details Individual & group interviews also for first time I got an interview we got questions we needed to discuss between the group and had a 5 minute time limit. And the second time uI got an interview it was we needed to try to build a tower that would stand without falling over and we only got paper & cellotape and a certain amount of time to do it in.

Interview Question – Trying to build a tower as part of a group within a specific time.   View Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Tesco.

Interview Details I applied for this job twice, the first time I went through a rigourous interview but unfortunately didn't get the job. The second time I applied I was scheduled for an interview at a date that was inconvenient for me. I phoned to reschedule it, talked to a rude woman who promised to contact me. I was never contacted and it turns out the manager hired one of his friends!

Interview Question – The attitude of the interviewer made me feel like I was being interrogated.   Answer Question

Worked for Tesco? Contribute to the Community!