Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014
Updated 29 Oct 2014

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2014.

Interview consisting of three stages. HR, Technical and Presentation. Very generic and very friendly approach to all the interviews with nothing difficult at all. The technical questions were problem solving questions and no related to the specific job. Presentation was given on my latest team project that I completed at University so fresh on the mind and not complicated at all. Very nice people

Interview Questions
    • Why do you do so many activities out side of University?   View Answer

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenock, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenock, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

Telephone interview. Mainly interested in processes. Example question was a checklist for declaring a device ready for PG or tape-out.

Applications Engineer Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

The process consisted of 3 interviews. The first was 30 minutes on campus after a career fair. The interviewer asked me to draw a block diagram for a system I've built before. He also asked about challenges I've faced throughout college and how I dealt with them. The second is a 1 hour webcam interview. The interviewer asked more behavioral questions similar to the first interview. For the third and final interview I was flown in to TI Dallas headquarters for a social dinner with other candidates and current members of the rotation program. The next day I attended a campus tour and two back-to-back interviews. For these I presented a project I had done before and was asked additional behavioral and technical questions. These technical questions are based on your project so don't expect to derive Maxwell's equations. Others have had to build different configurations of Op Amps or describe a Bode plot. I guess I was lucky.

Interview Questions
    • You must have good examples of work that you have done in teams. That is ALL they care about. Technical knowledge can be taught. Do not be afraid to admit you or your team's failures.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

It starts with two exams. First is a personal one. Essay type regarding greatest strengths and weakness, 5-years-from-now, biggest mistake, most difficult problem, etc. The second is technical. Analogy, some english, basic math but no calculators allowed, accounting, arrange the parts according to the number assigned, electronics. Then when you pass it, HR interview. About your answers in the first exam and some discussions. Then an interview with a future colleague. technical interview but probably lighter than the manager. They were friendly, by the way. I'm up for another interview, with the manager this time.

Applications Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

2 Rounds of online interviews, 1 onsite. They take care of everything, give you a small tour of their HQ. You will have the opportunity to talk to current employees about anything regarding the job and the life at TI before you interview in person.
    The in person interview will be completely technical. They will ask for you to prepare a project presentation and they will drill you on every aspect of it.

Interview Questions
    • Expect to be asked various questions on anything technicality you mention in your presentation.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

I was approached by a recruiter from London and we had an initial phone interview. Then there was 2 interviews in Budapest. One with a regional HR manager and one with a regional apps manager. The HR lady was amateur with too easy question for an experienced one. The application manager was focussing on technical questions. Then I had to make an online personality test. Then I had to fly to Munich and had 3 other interviews: with HR director, Area director and Sales VP. The HR director lady was the most difficult one. Finally I had a telephone interview with the President of EMEA.

Interview Questions
    • HR director: "What would you do with a high performer individual contributor who states he/she never wants to be a manager?"   Answer Question
    They did not negotiate, but gave an offer saying take it or leave it.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

totally had 2 rounds, met them in university career fair. First round was both behavioral and technical, second round was fairly technical. The questions were easy. communication was good and they responded almost immediately to all the mails which I had sent. The questions asked were fairly basic ranging from problems in op-amp to CMOS. The second round had questions from flip-flops and shift registers. they were again simple and easy to solve.

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Met TI recruiters at the university EECS career fair. Told them I was graduating in 3 months, and what I was doing for my Master's research, etc. They filled out a form with my information and told me to apply for the positions I'm interested in online. I applied to everything I was qualified for, without thinking if I really wanted that job, and got the HireVue interview (video call) for Technical Sales, even though my resume is heavy on the technical side. The interview was completely behavioral, and I made sure to use coursework project scenarios for all answers. In the end, the interviewer asked me if I was competitive, and I said no, and then he asked if I really wanted to be in sales, and I answered no to that too. I added that I didn't know why I was even picked for this position, and told him I was more interested in being on the technical side of things. He himself had been in the technical field before switching to sales, so he talked about what he had done and what I was interested in. Based on that, he passed on my resume to the Design Engineering team, and I now have an interview with them next week.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when a team member was not performing as he was supposed to and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Applied for on-campus interview. Got a phone call later on, then had an on-campus interview. Then had a second round interview that was over the web and focused on us presenting a project we had worked on before. The interviewers were generally nice, and the HR folks are awesome. They are accommodating (within their limit) and really make the process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions
    • What do a section of memory addresses allocated for a struct actually look like?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate because it was an intern position.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Three stage interviewing process: one on campus interview, one phone interview, and one all day on site interview. The final interview required interviewees to give a 15 minute technical presentation, and the solve a surprise brain teaser at the end.

Interview Questions
    • What are you extracurricular activities and how do you think they will help you succeed within your role here?   Answer Question