Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jan 2015
Updated 30 Jan 2015

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2014.

Interview consisting of three stages. HR, Technical and Presentation. Very generic and very friendly approach to all the interviews with nothing difficult at all. The technical questions were problem solving questions and no related to the specific job. Presentation was given on my latest team project that I completed at University so fresh on the mind and not complicated at all. Very nice people

Interview Questions
    • Why do you do so many activities out side of University?   View Answer

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenock, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenock, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

Telephone interview. Mainly interested in processes. Example question was a checklist for declaring a device ready for PG or tape-out.

Analog Design Eng Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

it was difficult need to brush up basics from my diploma and btech electronics on rlc circuits flipflop gates memories digital circuits and focused on project done in btech and the details of present living and offered with an interview to finish

Applications Engineer Program Interview

First one was a video interview using Hirevue. Seven behavioral questions. Second round involved another interview via Hirevue with two managers. Both were very high up and was pretty intimidating. Asked about my project, work and extracurricular activities.

Interview Questions
    • Not extremely difficult but they were definitely looking for design experience   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Texas Instruments was honestly very rude and unwelcoming. Any question I asked was met with unenthusiastic responses. They seemed to not care about my personality at all and just saw me as a resume and applicant. I will never recommend this company to anyone, as I can easily rate my experience with them as my worst.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself contributing the the small iOS team we have? We don't have any space for you there.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

They contacted me several weeks after my universities job fair. I had a pleasant face to face interview on campus and at the end he told me I should hear back in two weeks. That interview was not very technical but rather about my interests and schoolwork. I instead heard back a month later that I got to the second round of interviews. They said it would be a technical video interview on their own video conferencing system. Two whole months after I got the email that i moved to the next round they finally scheduled a time for the video interview after many unsuccessful attempts on their end. This interview was completely behavioral after telling me that it would be technical. They asked a lot about the teams and projects that I worked on. They also asked me to explain the process we used to collect data in one of my projects. I was not happy that they took so long to schedule the interview but only hours after my interview sent me an email that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you know you excelled and a time where you know you underachieved.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

The interviewer first told me about TI and info about this position. Then there were behavior questions, focusing on multitask, teamwork and projects. The technical questions are not hard, but he may choose a topic that you may not very familiar with, but with appropriate reasoning it is no hard to get there.
    I didn't get any response for a month after this interview. it's like they don't send deny emails.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about one time that your team didn't work as expected.
      Tell me about one failure.

Answer Question

Analog Design Engineersig Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I am here to give a review only about the written test of the Texas instruments. The process was conducted by a recruiting agency. First there will be a screening test. If you are eligible they will be calling for the written test.
    WRITTEN TEST
    The written test will be for 90 minutes and there will be 40 question. First 20 questions will be from analog electronics and the remaining 20 will be aptitude.
    From the analog electronics part questions where mainly from rlc circuits, op-amps circuits.
    For aptitude they asked questions from puzzle soling, data interpretation, time, work related questions
    Overall test difficulty leve was medium

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Went through a recruiter after passing through an interview at a college career fair. Three interviews - one at the college, one over the phone, and an on-site interview. Typical interview questions asked; don't put something on your resume without expecting it to be asked as a technical question. Overall a good interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The weirdest part was during the on-site interview where they put the candidates in teams and made them work together to build a structure out of newspaper. Definitely irrelevant to a semiconductor manufacturing engineer, but I'm sure they were looking for interpersonal interactions and "soft skills."   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

3 interviews (2 in person,1 webcam). Total process total took close to 3 months. Had final interview (through webcam) in October, received offer in December. Overall process was alright, just wished it didn't take so long.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss most challenging project, basic run-through of resume, example of how you would debug, why TI?, behavioral questions(talk about a time where you didn't get along with your team, where you found a unique solution to a problem, etc). Some basic technical circuit problems.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.