Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2014.

Interview

Interview consisting of three stages. HR, Technical and Presentation. Very generic and very friendly approach to all the interviews with nothing difficult at all. The technical questions were problem solving questions and no related to the specific job. Presentation was given on my latest team project that I completed at University so fresh on the mind and not complicated at all. Very nice people

Interview Questions

• Why do you do so many activities out side of University?   1 Answer

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenock, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Greenock, Scotland) in March 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview. Mainly interested in processes. Example question was a checklist for declaring a device ready for PG or tape-out.

Manufacturing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Richardson, TX (US)).

Interview

Exhaustive and detailed. TI uses a staffing agengy to hire, usless your corporate. They just went through the usual smorgasbord questions that any average company asks. Examples would be but are not verbatium. Are you a team player? Can you give us an example of a situation in which you blah, blah, blah.

Analog Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I applied online process summarized below

1. Written test (objective type questions technical and aptitude both)

after 20 days they called me for interview at Delhi office

2 round of technical interview there
    then after 2days they confirmed that i have cleared technical rounds.

3.Then there was HR round which was telephonic.

4.After HR confirmation Mangers also talked over phone.After 2day They give me confirmation call.

Technical is the most difficult part question asked from only basics RC circuit,diodes,BJT,Opamp only.

HR question was regular.

Overall experience is great.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Knowing people that work in the company helps establish contact. Process was deliberate, well organized and thorough. Phone call by manager established fit for position and comparability with supervisor. Group interview established collaboration potential with team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you got a project back on schedule after it had fallen behind schedule.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

It was an on campus interview with the hiring manager and one of the leads within the department. I was nervous at first but they were both very nice and engaging which made it easy to dive into conversation. They asked me questions based off of material I had on my resume, and from there discussion was very smooth. We laughed a lot and I got to pick their brains on the kind of work I would be dealing with as an intern which they were extremely informative about. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome ambiguity in a team environment   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to take lead on a project and how your team reacted to your decisions   Answer Question

Finance Sector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freising (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Freising (Germany)) in April 2015.

Interview

It took them a while to get back to me. I had a phone interview. It lasted around 35 minutes. At first she described the job and what kind of roles interns play. Afterwards she asked just a couple of questions.
    Everything went well but in the end I was rejected because the internship wasn't a mandatory requirement from my school. She said that all internships in TI Europe have to be mandatory.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was swift and very transparent. Three step process. Screening video interview, web interview, on-site interview. HR was very helpful, they provided a dinner the night before the interview with all of the candidates, I enjoyed the process and the employees that were currently in the program.

Technical Sales Engineer Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

1-Video chat interview
    2-Onsite interview
    They do a 2 interviews onsite. For one you need to sell a travel package and in the other one they just ask some behavioral questions. You need to make sure to ace the sell part and ask right questions during the sell simulation. Be professional and try to be yourself.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I was told to go into a room to take a test. I took the test and was informed I past it. I was then told to have a seat in the hallway while waiting for a woman to interview me and review my personal data sheet. I was early to the testing and was prepared with documents. I dressed appropriately for the interview. However I was told they refused to interview me based off my prior salary. I explained I understood the pay was lower but was in extreme need of work. They still refused to interview me or let me talk to upper management.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately I was not asked any questions because after passing the test I was refused an interview based off my
      last salary.