Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2014.

Interview consisting of three stages. HR, Technical and Presentation. Very generic and very friendly approach to all the interviews with nothing difficult at all. The technical questions were problem solving questions and no related to the specific job. Presentation was given on my latest team project that I completed at University so fresh on the mind and not complicated at all. Very nice people

Interview Questions
    • Why do you do so many activities out side of University?   View Answer

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenock, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenock, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

Telephone interview. Mainly interested in processes. Example question was a checklist for declaring a device ready for PG or tape-out.

LDRP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

The atmosphere was not tense at all. The HR really asked a quite a lot of personal questions. She had a lot of follow up questions on whatever answer you give. The interview didn't went that long. The questions were pretty standard.

The difficult part of the process was the exam.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.

Why made you interested in the role?

Are you sure that you want to work in this industry?

Have you always dreamed of becoming a [insert college degree] professional?

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

interview process generally consists of written test and technical interview followed by hr interview. written test contains aptitude and reasoning and technical parts. aptitude was easy but technical paper was somehow difficult. so basics should be stronger if you want to score more and get a chance for interview. sometimes there will be negative marking so avoid guessing if possible.

Interview Questions
    • what is rlc transients and resonance related question.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

The Process took about 3 weeks. Applied at my school's career fair. Did an interview on campus couple of days later (completely behavioral). Had an online interview 10 days later for about an hour (completely behavioral): Team leadership experiences, bad teams that you have been a part of and how did you handle the situation, Hardest class you have taken and how did you manage to pass or do well. About 10 days later had an interview on-site. Did two interviews back to back. One simulation (you need to sell something to the interviewer) and the other one was a panel interview. Make sure you ask A LOT OF questions from the interviewer (client) during the simulation interview to make sure you understand the situation and needs of the costumer. Very positive experience. HRs were very helpful and super nice so were the interviewers. Make sure you have enough practice for the simulation part before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • tell us about your internships or volunteer works. tell us about a time where you made a big decision in a team and the succeeded.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

First I interviewed with a TI recruiter on my college campus. Then after that had a phone interview where I had to give a technical presentation and answer a basic opamp question. Finally, I was flown down to Dallas for an on-site interview. The interview process was fairly smooth and the recruiter was very nice; she coordinated everything well. On-site I was asked behavioral questions (Why do you want to be a design engineer? What skills do you have? etc) as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Draw the cross-section of a MOSFET, the I-V characteristics and describe nonidealities
      2) Voltage waveform of an RC circuit across the resistor and capacitor
      3) D flip flop configuration
      4) Some tricky circuit analysis questions
      5) Design a comparator at the transistor level

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

1) Applied Online
    2) 10 Minute Presentation over the phone with screen share
    Questions about project and some behavioral questions
    3) On site interview - they were very generous with taking care of you
    Both Behavioral and Technical Questions

Interview Questions
    • review your semiconductor physics, transistors, and amplifier cicuits   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Apply thru college career fair.
    - Got campus interview the day after the career fair. Almost all behavioral questions. Talk a little bit about my project on resume.
    - 3 weeks later got a virtual interview thru internet. Again, almost all basic behavioral questions. Only 2 "technical questions" asking about voltage divider and basic RC circuit. Also, they required me to prepare a 10 min presentation for whatever topic I like. I talked about my senior design project. The manager asked a lot of questions regarding to it.
    - One month After the virtual interview I received an email indicating that my interview went well and next step will be onsite interview. It took about 2 month to schedule and reschedule for it. During onsite interview there are also a lot of behavioral questions. I think this is because this role is not so "technical" so that they rather like to see how could you deal with problems.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult course you have taken? How did you deal with it?
      Provide an example on a certain course or project that you didn't do as well, explain why.

Analog Design Eng Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

it was difficult need to brush up basics from my diploma and btech electronics on rlc circuits flipflop gates memories digital circuits and focused on project done in btech and the details of present living and offered with an interview to finish

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2015.

Applied through job fair and talked to a university recruiter. University recruiter liked my resume, so she set me up with the first interview. First interview was basically behavioral, like why you want to work here, and etc. second interview is with two senior engineers and is a video conference with a 10 minute presentation about your self. The other minutes are basically technical questions.