Texas Instruments

Getting the Interview

366 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2014.

Interview Details Interview consisting of three stages. HR, Technical and Presentation. Very generic and very friendly approach to all the interviews with nothing difficult at all. The technical questions were problem solving questions and no related to the specific job. Presentation was given on my latest team project that I completed at University so fresh on the mind and not complicated at all. Very nice people

Interview Question – Why do you do so many activities out side of University?   View Answer

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Senior ASIC Design Engineer
Greenock, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

Interview Details Telephone interview. Mainly interested in processes. Example question was a checklist for declaring a device ready for PG or tape-out.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details Gave a presentation. Had round table discussions with groups. Had one on one or two on one meetings.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question. The whole interview process was quite easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not neogotiate

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details BU manger asked dumb questions such as pointless riddles.
engineers asked highly technical questions.

Interview Question – asked to design PLL on the spot including equations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation they offered what I wanted.

Product Marketing Engineer Intern Interview

Plano, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2013.

Interview Details I talked to on-campus recruiters at my university's career fair about my experience, what i was interested in, etc. They invited me for an on-campus interview later that week. The on-campus interview was about 30min and the woman asked me some questions but also told me a lot about what she did as a sales engineer. I received a somewhat cryptic followup email about "we were pleased to meet with you, we will let you know if we have any positions meeting your qualifications." I then received a formal invitation to interview again. This time it was through a service called HireView, where i had to complete a video interview where they flashed a question for :30s then i had 1min to record my answer before the next question popped up. I then was invited for a final interview, also through the HireView site, but this time with a manager. I was then emailed a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – Questions included: Explain how an op-amp works. What is the greatest struggle you have encountered and what did you do about it? What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Richardson, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2011.

Interview Details I was found at a job fair on my campus. I was then called unexpectedly a few weeks later and asked if I could fly from my campus to Texas within the week. I was on the plane two days later with hotel accommodations made by TI. When I arrive I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and went to my interview in the morning. I directly to my site at RFAB where I met my contact and he led me to the interview room. 8 people were present and each asked several questions. Most were behavioral questions and situational questions.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work nights? That was the most unexpected question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was called back 2 weeks later and offered the position. The benefits and salary were perfect and would have been silly to negotiate or change. For someone who just graduated from college a 60,000.00 dollar a year job sounded amazing. In hind sight I wish I wouldn't have been blinded by the dollar amount.

Analog Design Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details Interviewed via university recruiting in October, strictly behavioral. Followed up in January with second online interview and third interview with manager a week later.

Interview Question – Give a 10 minute presentation on a class or research project of your choice.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New College Hire Interview

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details I had one itpnitail in person interview on campus which was just describing my resume and activities. Second interview was a phone interview with two hiring managers, half behavior and half technical. The next step was in person in dallas I had to give a 10 minute presentation in front of 8 managers, and then a series of behavioral interviews and then agroup interview with all candidates and all hiring managers

Interview Question – The group interview was very challenging   Answer Question

Master Thesis Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview, group interview

Interview Question – be prepared for technical questions   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

Interview Details 1 to 1 interview session
Introduction
Knowledge in semiconductor manufacturing
Skills and quality in management

Interview Question – The manufacturing of semiconductor   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nego to company's standard

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Instruments

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Texas Instruments Videos

Texas Instruments – Why Work for Us?

Look around you. TI is there. Our analog and embedded processing technologies power every type of electronics you touch – from laptops and cameras to auto infotainment systems and medical technologies to video games… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments interview questions and advice. All 366 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees and interview candidates.