Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 13 Dec 2014
Updated 13 Dec 2014

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2014.

Interview consisting of three stages. HR, Technical and Presentation. Very generic and very friendly approach to all the interviews with nothing difficult at all. The technical questions were problem solving questions and no related to the specific job. Presentation was given on my latest team project that I completed at University so fresh on the mind and not complicated at all. Very nice people

Interview Questions
    • Why do you do so many activities out side of University?   View Answer

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenock, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenock, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

Telephone interview. Mainly interested in processes. Example question was a checklist for declaring a device ready for PG or tape-out.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

3 interviews (2 in person,1 webcam). Total process total took close to 3 months. Had final interview (through webcam) in October, received offer in December. Overall process was alright, just wished it didn't take so long.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss most challenging project, basic run-through of resume, example of how you would debug, why TI?, behavioral questions(talk about a time where you didn't get along with your team, where you found a unique solution to a problem, etc). Some basic technical circuit problems.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Technical Sales Interview

2 telephone interviews and then assessment center.
    The assessment center lasts a hole day and you need to prepare a presentation and a sales role exercice.
    You have to be good prepared !
    There is a technical test too. you will be asked about your cv and you will get an exercice.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Started by applying for the semiconductor manufacturing intern position on the college career website as well as online in early to mid September.

About a month later I get an email stating that I have been selected for an on-campus interview in mid October. The on-campus interview was a general behavioral interview. They specifically asked what I knew about the semiconductor manufacturing process and why I wanted to work in this industry. A week after this interview I get an email that said that they're continuing to review my application and will contact me if they are going to continue the application process with me.

After almost a month with no contact I get a call from HR asking if I was free for a phone interview with 2 plant managers the very next day. I agreed and a conference call was set up, though the details of how to connect were not sent to me until the morning of the interview. The phone interview was slightly awkward as I was talking to one manager for a few minutes before the other one connected, and thus I had to repeat a lot of things I had already said. They once again asked what I knew about the manufacturing process and why the semiconductor industry. The interview was as much informational as it was answer questions.

A week after the phone interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the semiconductor manufacturing process?   View Answer

Decided to pursue opportunities in another industry.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

First round interview is at campus. Just some behavior questions about team work etc. After one month, I got the second virtual interview, i am required to give a 10-15minitues presentation( need to use ppt) and then some questions about details of the presentation, technical and behavior questions were asked.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I was refered by a current employee. After filling out an online application I had an online interview. The interview was automated and I had to record myself answering 7 behavioral questions. The questions were about times that I had to work with an uncooperative partner/ times that I failed at something. The next interview was a skype interview with two applications engineers. This was very technical. They asked me questions about my resume and about my general knowledge of electrical engineerin.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online and had two online interviews. One of which asked to answer a few questions by myself, the other was actually talking to a representative. The questions were not too difficult, but it was hard to convey communication skills while not in person.

Texhnical Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I applied online with a referral and within a few days they sent an email asking for me to take 5 minute "get to know you interview." This was basically a screening to make sure you are able to talk to someone. The next phase was a 30 minute online live interview with a representative. And the final phase was they flew me down to dallas for a welcome dinner and two interviews and a simulation the next day.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

The hiring process was part of Texas Instruments India's campus internship programmes (for pre-final year students). It began with a pre-placement talk by TI India in which they explained the benefits of working at TI, the challenges faced, etc. It was more of an informative session which was concluded with their announcement of an online test to be held later.

The online test was held around a month after the session. It consisted of two parts - a technical part, in which the basics of electronics were tested (basic OP-AMPs, RLC circuits, Bode plots, etc.), and an aptitude part (general probability-based questions, division of x chocolates among y children, etc).

Around a month after that, the shortlisted candidates were intimated and were told that the next round would be held soon. The details weren't intimated as to where it would be held and the exact date. After a month, they were contacted again and were informed of the venue and the date of the further rounds.

The first interview round comprised a tete-a-tete in which the main focus was on circuit basics, viz. amplifier configurations, fundamental OP-AMP concepts (for example, questions like What is negative feedback and why is it important?), transfer functions of RLC circuits (LPF, HPF, etc.), and a few questions related to ideal voltmeters, ammeters, voltage and current sources, etc.

The results were announced soon after everyone was done with their interviews and the shortlist for the second round was immediately announced. After about 15 minutes, the second round began. This time around, the applicants were interviewed by two people together, and questions were similar to the ones asked in the first round (a few variations here and there, but more or less sticking to the very basics; a little trickily framed questions though).

After the second round, the shortlisted candidates had an HR round in which basic personal details, plans for post-graduation, a bit of trivia about Texas Instruments, etc were asked and the personalities of the prospective interns were gauged.

Around 15 minutes after the HR round, the hired interns were announced and were presented with the offer letters. It was a good experience overall and it became clear that for one to become a TI intern, their fundamentals of electronics must be crystal clear, and the person should have a good presence of mind during the course of the interview, not to mention, keep calm as well.

Interview Questions
    • Using an ideal ammeter, voltmeter, current and voltage sources, and faulty probes (impedance unknown), how can you calculate the resistance of an ideal resistor?   View Answer