Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2014.

Interview consisting of three stages. HR, Technical and Presentation. Very generic and very friendly approach to all the interviews with nothing difficult at all. The technical questions were problem solving questions and no related to the specific job. Presentation was given on my latest team project that I completed at University so fresh on the mind and not complicated at all. Very nice people

Interview Questions
    • Why do you do so many activities out side of University?   View Answer

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenock, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenock, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

Telephone interview. Mainly interested in processes. Example question was a checklist for declaring a device ready for PG or tape-out.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Applied for on-campus interview. Got a phone call later on, then had an on-campus interview. Then had a second round interview that was over the web and focused on us presenting a project we had worked on before. The interviewers were generally nice, and the HR folks are awesome. They are accommodating (within their limit) and really make the process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions
    • What do a section of memory addresses allocated for a struct actually look like?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate because it was an intern position.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Three stage interviewing process: one on campus interview, one phone interview, and one all day on site interview. The final interview required interviewees to give a 15 minute technical presentation, and the solve a surprise brain teaser at the end.

Interview Questions
    • What are you extracurricular activities and how do you think they will help you succeed within your role here?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Three rounds of interviews. The final round was at TI's HQ; there was a dinner the night before, an overview of the company, lunch, and two interviews conducted by managers. There was a sales simulation, which is different than typical behavior interviews, but once you hear the topic, it's not bad at all.

Interview Questions
    • For me, it was my technical question due to surprise. The interview was almost entirely behavioral, but a technical question was thrown out and threw me off track for a moment.   Answer Question
    I failed to get a negotiation offer, despite having higher offers from competitors on the table. The impression I got was that I'm easily replaceable, and they could just hire another candidate as they go through several of these interview rounds. The new HR manager may be different however.

Intern Interview

I was emailed to do have a phone interview with a list of times and dates. After responding to which time and date worked for me, I never got a response back. They called me on that date and time, and they asked if I had a presentation ready. I had to tell them that I had received no email from them. They still continued the interview asking me technical questions. I received an email about 1-2 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They dealt with programming since I had previous programming experience.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate because it was an intern position

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

First communication was at UCF career fair. I scheduled an on campus interview two days later.

First interview was focused on what projects I had completed, what my role was, how I handled challenges etc. as well some analog circuit analysis

Second interview was a one hour video interview with another HR person. Included the general behavioral questions and a lot of repeat questions from the first interview regarding projects.

Third interview is an in person interview in Dallas, this is the last round and you will know whether or not you have a job after this within one day to a week.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to explain in detail what your role was in your most complex project, what challenges you encountered, how you dealt with them. Just real detailed into your projects.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The selection process for TI lasted for over 2 weeks. This was a part of campus recruitment process

-> An aptitude test was held in our college. It consisted of general aptitude questions including quants,english and logic. There was negative marking.

-> The shortlisted candidates were selected for a telephonic interview round. It was a completely technical round. Questions were asked based on the skills that you have specified in your resume. Be clear with your basics.

-> After clearing the telephonic interview, selected candidates were called to bangalore for the further processes.
    3 Rounds were held in bangalore.

->Group Discussion. Be open and interactive.

->2 Technical rounds. Completely technical questions were asked. For an IT student, questions were asked on operating systems, networking,data structures,programming languages, dbms,etc.
    These were hardcore technical rounds, so prepare likewise.

Who ever qualifies, gets selected for the HR round which is the final round.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about operating systems and networking were asked in detail.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

They came to my career fair where I first contacted them. They scheduled an interview with me the next day. It lasted 45 minutes and had a chance to get to know the position better. The questions were all pertaining to leadership with some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • This was more of an open ended question. I was asked to explain on an electronics level how a laptop or cell phone operated.   View Answer

Intern Interview

First they conduct a written test which comprises of 20 aptitude questions, 20 reasoning questions and 20 technical questions. Then 1 or 2 round of interviews depending upon your performance in test. If you performed very good, only 1 technical interview otherwise 2 rounds of interview. HR round is easy one, just few simple questions they ask.