Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 22 Nov 2014
Updated 22 Nov 2014

Finance, Accounting, and Operations Co-Op Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

The process was fairly quick because I was asked to interview after talking to a recruiter at my university's career expo. The person who interviewed me was really nice and pretty interested in what my story was. They got back to me about whether I made it to the next stage in 72 hours.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

Texas Instruments came out to my university for a career fair. I spoke to them for a bit about projects I had worked on. This led to an on campus Interview the very next day (I was very surprised because most interviews aren't until at least the next week. I went in really nervous and the interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. All of the question were behavioral because he was recruiting for different positions in IT. Most of the jobs he spoke about were looking for someone that was graduating at the end of this current semester and since I still have another semester to go so I was not selected. The encouraged me to apply again next semester.

Summer/Embedded Software Profile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

online test + technical interview+HR interview

First, there was a online test which consisted of 10 quant and 10 programming questions .9 candidatess were selected after this.
    Technical Interview questions are simple. Basic programming and datastructures are asked.I was asked to write a c code for the node of a binary tree and also to write an insert node function for this.Very easy questions were asked .
    Lastly, there was HR round which was just a formality.Typical HR questions alongwith one puzzle was asked.

Finance Accounting Operations Access Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

three round interviews. First one was a one to one on campus interview. Asked behavioral questions and a few from my resume.
    2nd round interview was online. It was like making a YouTube video. You were asked 9 questions and had 3 minutes to answer each one.
    The last interview was on site in Dallas.

Interview Questions
    • What project have you failed at and how did you cope with failure?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

-First a phone interview or on campus interview
    -Will fly applicant to sales office or to Dallas Headquarters
    -Interview with 2-3 Managers
    -Asked to sell a vacation package (Sales Simulation)
    -Leadership role questions
    -Interpersonal skills evaluation

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Applied through my college's recruiting website. Got an on-campus interview. Then a phone interview. Then I had a HireVue interview (basically recorded me answer some soft-interview questions). Then a skype interview with an engineer

Interview Questions
    • Scheduling was difficult, they weren't super flexible. Questions weren't super hard for an EE as far as I got.   Answer Question

ASIC Physical Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Forwarded my resume to a HR team. Got a phone call in 2 weeks which was the first round of phone interview. Went for an onsite interview within a month. Had 5 rounds of interview from 9AM to 3PM. Purely technical.

Got a call back 1 month after the interview with the offer to join TI.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding library creating and area of the cells in the library   Answer Question
    Standard pay scale for all new new hires (fresh grad)

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2014.

TI came to campus and offered 5 profiles.2 of the profiles were hardware ie. digital or analog,one was for software,one for signal processing,2 for technical sales.I applied for analog technical sales as in this profile it was mix of analog knowledge and communication skills.There was 90 mins test comprising of 20 mcq question from field of analog electronics.I cleared it and next day went for Personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • With so much knowledge in electronics what was the reason for poor cgpa?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I was initially contacted by the Manager I'd be working for and interviewed over the phone. I had another phone interview by another person in the department. I then was called in for on-site interviews with the Manager and three other members of the team. The on-site interviews were very thorough and took nearly 6 hours (they did take me out for an hour long lunch). A few days later I received a call from a TI recruiter from their corporate HR department indicating that the manager wanted to extend an offer. I went through a negotiation period with the HR person where we reached agreement, he extended an offer verbally and overnighted a written offer to me.

Lead Engineer Interview

There are was first telephonic interview and after that 3-4 rounds of face to face interview. Face to face interview was mostly on technical side related operating system concepts and general puzzle problem. Interview process was long and took about 2 months of time. There are also questions related to process architecture like ARM. Interview was more about problem solving and geared towards approach for solution rather than right answer.