Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
Updated 28 Oct 2014

Analog Design Engineer Interview

BU manger asked dumb questions such as pointless riddles.
    engineers asked highly technical questions.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation they offered what I wanted.

Analog Design Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interviewed via university recruiting in October, strictly behavioral. Followed up in January with second online interview and third interview with manager a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Give a 10 minute presentation on a class or research project of your choice.   Answer Question

New College Hire Interview

I had one itpnitail in person interview on campus which was just describing my resume and activities. Second interview was a phone interview with two hiring managers, half behavior and half technical. The next step was in person in dallas I had to give a 10 minute presentation in front of 8 managers, and then a series of behavioral interviews and then agroup interview with all candidates and all hiring managers

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Talked the a recruiter at an on campus info session. Then had a video conference interview and for the final round of interviews I was brought to their campus in Dallas, TX. Everyone was super nice and made me feel extremely comfortable during this whole process. Amanda T is the best recruiter I have even worked with, so on top of everything and always willing to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • During my on campus interview I had to teach the guy something I've learned in class. Op amps are always a good choice. They also asked about A/D converters. Other than that not too much technical stuff, mostly personality based questions.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation for the rotational program but their offer was great!

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

The interview process included a presentation to be presented in front of approximately 8-10 engineers and two face to face interviews. Took approximately four hours which included lunch.

Interview Questions
    • What does the cross section of a MOSFET and BJT look like and how does it operate?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Very friendly, but will pound you with difficult interview questions. They say they don't expect most people to get them right, but what that sounds like to me is they pick the ones who do.

Interview Questions
    • Designing a logic circuit that would SEEM easy, but was truly much harder than expected   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

On campus interview at Georgia Tech. Not too technical, go over your resume and describe the projects you have worked on at school, what do you like to do for fun, how do you manage your work/life balance etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are some specif tech blogs that you follow and why?   Answer Question

Analog IC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

3 meetings in the onsite interview.
    First with manager
    Second with team leaders
    Third with HR
    The interview was relaxed general for the first and third meeting. The second one was a bit technical and based on the experience I had before this position

Interview Questions
    I was able to get extra-salary and a relocation package (moving company, language courses, hotel for 2 weeks)

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

I applied online and got an e-mail to answer some behavioral questions through webcam. Couple days after, I got a call for an interview where I have to give a 3-5 slide presentation on a project that I worked on.

After the presentation I didn't hear back for two weeks so when I contacted the HR first, he suggested if I was interested in other positions. I said yes but he hasn't replied since then.

Interview Questions
    • Just questions about the project and if I considered any other options.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

I stopped by the booth at my university's career fair and spoke to an engineer for a bit. He invited me to an interview on campus the next day where he gave me circuits questions. They were pretty standard and basic such as RC equations and transfer functions. After that, I was invited to do a 1 hr presentation to 2 people about a project I did. The presentation was more like a walk through where they asked me questions about the project as I went through the slides. They were all technical questions for the most part about the project, so you better know your project well. However, my project was an analog amplifier and both the interviewers were digital guys, so they didn't really have a lot of hard questions. I passed, and they invited me down to Texas. They paid for the hotel, airplane, etc which was cool. The first night at the hotel you go through a presentation with some of the engineers where you drink a bit and relax. After, you head out to a restaurant. The next morning, I went in for 2 interviews. Each interview was with 3 people. The first interview, they asked me mostly behavioral questions. I feel like they were not satisfied with my responses, considering they let me do most of the talking. The next group of people, kind of treated me like crap. For these interviews, you do your presentation in person that you did over the phone. They kept interrupting me and asking questions that were relevant to the slide that I talked about like 6 slides ago. They asked me technical questions too.

Interview Questions
    • Too long ago, forgot honestly. They asked me about IIR filters and how to choose where to place the zeros and poles for types of filters.   Answer Question