Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jan 2015
Updated 17 Jan 2015

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

The Interview process for me was a 3-round process. The first round was a campus interview, the second round was a phone interview, and the third round was a Dallas on-site interview. The first two rounds were all behavior questions. The last round was both behavior and technical questions. I had to also present a project I had worked on in school. Also, for the on-site interview you are to work together with a team on a project and the interviewers will grade you on that.

Interview Questions
    • Their questions were fairly simple and easy. Be ready to answer the two most hated questions ever! "Why TI?" and "Why should we hire you?"   Answer Question

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

I met with them at a career fair and they were really insistent on having me interview for a sales/product marketing position. I interviewed at the university and then was called back for a hireview 2nd interview (webcam based). The interviews were more behavioral than anything else and were pretty simple. After my second interview they called and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult group you've had to work with?   Answer Question

Position was in Tucson and I wanted to do more engineering work than sales.

SummerAnalog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

They came to my campus for selection. The first phase was a two hour presentation regarding the company, their work culture, internship details such as stipend etc. This is followed by an online test (Technical and Aptitude). The shortlisted students then go through two rounds of interview - Technical and HR.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about the subjects you are strong in and always only ask basics.
      Ex. RC circuits, op-amps, sampling, digital electronics, etc.

Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

Gave resume at career fair, had on-campus interview the next day. Asked me behavioral questions. Had a webex interview a couple weeks later with two employees and more behavioral questions as well as some questions about C and the stack. Few days later they told me I had an offer, then set me up with a phone call with the guy I'd be working for, doing embedded systems stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Did a function call that took two parameters, each parameter was an in-line evaluation. The output shows that the parameters were evaluated in reverse order. Why?   View Answer

I'm not interested in the low-level hardware-interaction stuff.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

I applied online around the time of my university's career fair and a week later I was emailed a link to sign up for an interview. The interview was around 30 minutes, most of it was talking about myself, coursework, projects, skills and whatnot. There were frequent questions on what I was talking about, almost to see if I in fact knew what I was talking about, nothing too specific or tough.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were specifically about my projects. For example I mentioned I've worked with robots and he asked how servos work. The only general questions he had were, can you describe to me how a MOSFET works? what would you say op amps are most useful for?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

I was interviewed for the Manufacturing Leadership Development Rotation Program, or as they call it, LDRP. There were 3 main stages:

1) On campus interview. I talked to a TI recruiter at my university's engineering career fair for what seemed like less than a minute, then he had me set up an interview for the next day. I remember being really sick and gross but he was nice and tolerant. The interview was relaxed and was mostly behavioral questions. At this point I didn't really know I was interviewing for LDRP.

2) A couple weeks later I was called to set up a phone interview for LDRP. The phone interview was with 2 people, and again, they asked some behavioral questions, but I seem to remember this being more about my technical background.

3) On the same day of my phone interview, I got a call to congratulate me & set up an on site interview at the end of the next week in Dallas. The night before the interview we all had dinner with current members of the program, which was helpful. There were four parts to it--2 behavioral interviews, 1 technical presentation (I gave it on my previous summer research), and a surprise "project." The first three (interviews + presentations) were each with 2-3 interviewers. During the project, all 12 interviewers from the day were there to observe how we work in teams. The interviews were all behavioral and asked a lot about leadership skills.

The interview was on a Friday, and I received the offer the following Tuesday. I'm a materials engineer, and I accepted the offer because I'm really interested in getting into the semiconductor industry, and I'm very excited about living abroad in SE Asia for year 2 of the rotation. It also seems to be an awesome program that sets you up to get a lot of good experience with the best managers--not to mention they only hire 10 people annually for this position. My start date is mid-August.

Interview Questions
    • The group project was a bit stressful, but there's no way to practice for it. Just be sure to be quick thinking, diplomatic, and show you're a leader.   Answer Question
    I asked, but there's no negotiation for new grads. Something about the budget already being set and/or it being unfair to other hires, which I would disagree with--but the benefits and salary are still good.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

The selection process for TI lasted for over 2 weeks. This was a part of campus recruitment process

-> An aptitude test was held in our college. It consisted of general aptitude questions including quants,english and logic. There was negative marking.

-> The shortlisted candidates were selected for a telephonic interview round. It was a completely technical round. Questions were asked based on the skills that you have specified in your resume. Be clear with your basics.

-> After clearing the telephonic interview, selected candidates were called to bangalore for the further processes.
    3 Rounds were held in bangalore.

->Group Discussion. Be open and interactive.

->2 Technical rounds. Completely technical questions were asked. For an IT student, questions were asked on operating systems, networking,data structures,programming languages, dbms,etc.
    These were hardcore technical rounds, so prepare likewise.

Who ever qualifies, gets selected for the HR round which is the final round.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about operating systems and networking were asked in detail.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

They came to my career fair where I first contacted them. They scheduled an interview with me the next day. It lasted 45 minutes and had a chance to get to know the position better. The questions were all pertaining to leadership with some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • This was more of an open ended question. I was asked to explain on an electronics level how a laptop or cell phone operated.   View Answer

Intern Interview

First they conduct a written test which comprises of 20 aptitude questions, 20 reasoning questions and 20 technical questions. Then 1 or 2 round of interviews depending upon your performance in test. If you performed very good, only 1 technical interview otherwise 2 rounds of interview. HR round is easy one, just few simple questions they ask.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

There was a technical test first,and then people who got selected had a personal technical interview which was not so hard. Questions were about computer architecture and basic digital systems