Texas Instruments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details Written Technical exam followed by Technical and HR interview

Interview Question – Questions on op-amps were tough and requires a strong knowledge of the basics rather than mere problem solving skills   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
UCLA, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview Details Campus recruitment event interview - I talked to the recruiter and he asked me to interview the next day. He mostly asked me to talk about my past projects, and then also asked me to draw a pressure sensor that I've worked on in one of my projects. We didn't go over anything difficult and the interview seemed mostly to a personality evaluation.

Interview Question – None really, the interviewer did ask what I did for work-life balance, which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details Got an interview through campus recruiting, they interviewed me on campus

Interview Question – They asked many basic EE circuits problems such as filters and op amps   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed over phone after recruiter called to set up interview. Gave technical presentation over phone while sharing computer screen for powerpoint.

Interview Question – They asked a few questions about my method of debugging and test as well as basic semiconductor questions (i.e. what is a controllable variable other than voltage in semiconductor optimization - ans: frequency)   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details Team interview + HR + manager

Interview Question – answer to a case study   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Analog Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details First round on campus by one person, 30 minutes duration includes technical and behaviour questions. second by phone, I did a presentation for 15 minutes and we talk about my work experience and technical question about an hour. The final round is on-site, small panel interview, two people for an hour, total four people. One panel is more technical detailed than the other team.

Interview Question – Ask me what I want to achieve in TI   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2010.

Interview Details I have received a call through one of my previous contacts with TI scheduling a telecon for technical interview process which had gone for an hour followed by short interview from technical manager and HR. Since I have already worked with the team directly offer was finalized in the phone itself.

Interview Question – What's The Biggest Risk You've Ever Taken?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had negotiated for Joining bonus and repayment of education assistance to my previous employer.

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2010.

Interview Details Got an internship through the college fair and converted it to full time job offer. Interview was simple dealing mainly with projects and no yahoo questions..

Interview Question – Questions were related to the projects.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Analog Design Engineer
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2010.

Interview Details The process began with a phone interview. The interview was just about what I had studied and previous work. Next I was invited to a on-site interview. HR made the process pretty easy by getting the plane tickets and hotel reservations for me.
The on-site interview consisted of 2 technical interviews and 3 other personality interviews form various people form the group I was hiring into, one of which was over lunch.
The way the technical interview went was the interviewers would ask me to create a typical circuits. Finally you also go through an interview with the group manager and HR. Later I learned more about the process which is that all the interviewees email their evaluation of your interview to HR. Then the hiring manager goes over the reviews with HR to make the decision, but the group manager and HR have veto power in the hiring decision.

Interview Question – Make sure to go over general circuit architectures like oscillators, bandgaps, and dif amps.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called 4 days later and was told that TI would like to extend an offer and was given a date when I needed to accept by. I had interviewed at another company around the same time and had an offer from that company. After speaking with TI HR, TI increased their offer to an amount I was happy with.

Very Easy Interview

Equipment Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details I was interviewed by two engineers and one senior technician. Was quite a while ago, so I don't recall everything that was discussed. Seemed fairly standard really. Had to take a pretty lengthy test first. Only went through one interview, then received an offer over the phone two days later.

Interview Question – The one thing I remember clearly was when the engineer took me into the test floor and made a sweeping motion toward the equipment. He said "all these machines do the same thing, they make money." I replied, "except for the ones that aren't working, that's where I come in." He really liked that answer.

Again, the rest of the interview was standad fair. Nothing difficult, and no "gotcha" questions.
  Answer Question