Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep 2014
Updated 24 Sep 2014

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Campus Job Fair, Interview about some project content. Not good.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interviewer was very polite. This was an on campus interview and it was mostly a behavioral/personality interview. There were no technical questions. A lot of qualified students were invited to interview and it was not clear what type of candidate they were looking for. There was a career fair a day earlier.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked what kind of innovations I would like to see from TI and any difficult teamwork issues.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Three interviews: two phone interview one HR and one engineering manager and a final on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question may be of an area of interest depending on job functions.   Answer Question

ACCESS Rotational Program Interview

Met at a university career fair and had an interview schedule for the next day. Nothing out of the ordinary, mostly just technical fit. Next round is a video interview and there will be a 3rd round at the HQ in Dallas.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

It as pretty easy as I know the Manager and worked with him before.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic electical (basic networks, control theory, stability) and Anaglog design (oscillator, small signal model) knowledge was tested. I did not feel there was any question difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was fresh out of my college (finishing my PhD). I did not even know there is any scope for negotiation.

Technical Writer Interview

Mine was a long interview process. I arrived early in the morning, was interviewed by the department manager and several other employees, and ended up staying there for a little over four hours in all.

Interview Questions
    • "What did you learn while being interviewed" was a good one.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Written Technical exam followed by Technical and HR interview

Interview Questions
    • Questions on op-amps were tough and requires a strong knowledge of the basics rather than mere problem solving skills   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2014.

After applying online, I was asked for on-campus interview. Standard questions for technical sales took place such as " Why would you want to be a sales person?" or "Are you aware of the differences between Application Engineer and Tech. Sales" to confirm your attendance to the information session previous night.

During 30 min. webcam interview, you are asked some behavoural questions as well as " what are the qualities of a tech sales person", "do you love to win or hate to lose?".

During on site interview, you are asked to sell a vacation package. This is not very formal as they help you during the process and provide feedback. However, there is a 45 min behavioural interview with 2 regional sales/marketing managers. Try to be very communicative and talkative to demonstrate your sales side.

Intern Interview

Got an interview through campus recruiting, they interviewed me on campus

Interview Questions
    • They asked many basic EE circuits problems such as filters and op amps   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview