The Children's Place Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place (Elizabeth, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was extremely quick I applied and a couple weeks later received a call for an interview, applying online is quick and easy and then it's all about just being patient.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important thing in working in retail?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

Applied and heard back about a month later. We interviewed as a group. Questions were simple. As long as you answered honestly and your personality seemed like a good fit to work with the others already employed you were chosen

Negotiation

Had orientation the following week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

One interview with a group and sales leader. The main question was tell me about yourself. There was four other women in the interview, so I had to be talkative. I didn't have much experience, but I just had to go in the interview confidently and basically sell myself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Most important thing in retail. Etc   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

I applied online, and I had to take a multiple choice test. It wasn't hard, it was mostly common sense like: What would you likely do in this situation.. etc. Got a call a day later about an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Describe a time where you had to take the lead.
      Describe a time where you had a conflict at work and how you resolved it.

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

The assistant manager was very nice. Really laid back normal interview. No crazy questions. It was more like a conversation if anything. The general manager was very rude and unprofessional. She said she would be in contact with me by Saturday the 8th to let me know if I got it or not.

Interview Questions

• What did you like the most and least about your previous jobs? Experience? Why childrens place? Etc   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place (Midwest City, OK (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

-All online application, extremely time consuming.

-Recieved initial phone call for interview several weeks after completing application.

-Was a group interview, I had been expecting one on one (I was not informed otherwise).

-Initial interview was very casual, I thought I was locked in until at the last minute she said there would be a second interview (would have been nice if she had explained that in the beginning).

-Second interview was a one on one, also casual but touched on more relevant topics and typical questions.

-Wasn't "officially" offered employment until the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, she said she could only offer me $7.98/hr with no benefits, no commission, nothing else.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place (Bensalem, PA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Quick and easy process/ I walked in a little late but they were quite patient. There are two managers so I had my first interview with the store manager and then right after his Assistant manager came in and asked me questions. They left the room to deliberate and then I got hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Place (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Need to do an online quiz for at least 30mins while you are applying, make sure you have enough time and you cannot rush at all.
    Like other jobs, you will get an interview via a phone call from the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a sales associate?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

One interview. Very easy and straightforward interview. Just asked about previous experience. The Manager was super sweet. Made me feel very comfortable and offered me a job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place in October 2014.

Interview

Manager called to set up an interview about two weeks after I applied. When I showed up the manager was not very friendly. She was kind of rude and acted like she was doing me some HUGE favor by interviewing me.

Asked standard interview questions, really pushed the children's place credit card.

Interview Questions

• When has someone offered you a credit card and you felt their personality made you want to get the card?   Answer Question