The Children's Place

Average Difficulty
90 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details Applied online, got called a week after to set up interview, basic interview questions assessing my resume. Asked situational questions like, "How would you handle a situation where there's a child messing up the store, and his/her parents not responding, and you have to greet people entering the store?" (multitasking question).

Interview Question – Multitasking question   Answer Question

Interviewed at The Children's Place

Interview Details Filled out an application, and I did a phone interview with one of the managers. A week later I interviewed in person with the store manager, I got hired and started right away.

Interview Question – Why the children's place   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, they offered and I accepted.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place in December 2011.

Interview Details Called for an interview around Christmas time for holiday help, asked me to come in around 1 pm later in the week. I showed up a little early so I waited until the managers interviewing me were available. They asked me very basic questions about my job experience and why I wanted to work for the company.

Interview Question – Nothing truly unexpected, it was very casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was really available

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details I got called for a interview about a month after I applied.I felt the manager was unorganized because we just did the interview out in the open in the store.She basically asked my availability, my work experience,told me about the store,etc.

Interview Question – The most unexpected was why did I want to work there,because I never really know how to respond to that.   Answer Question

Manhattan, KS (US)

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted via my cell phone the next day, the manager called me she told me to come next Monday and she was really nice and friendly, then few moments later she told me I'm sorry Monday is a holiday so let's reschedule it on Tuesday, and at first i didn't know where exactly is the children's place and from how nice the manager was she actually told me just come to the mall and I'll send someone to get you which was amazing, then i arrived on tuesday 10 minutes before the interview I met the assistant manager she was surprised she didn't know there was an interview and the manager was on holiday which was a little bit unprofessional i told her if she wants me to come back another day she said no come on in, she was really really nice too, the interview was very friendly i didn't feel like i was doing an interview at all, the assitant told me to call the manager next week, when I did she said I'm sorry we had to go with other candidates, it was a great experience.

Interview Question – NO DIFFICULT QUESTIONS AT ALL.   Answer Question

Interviewed at The Children's Place

Interview Details I got hired pretty rapidly, thanks to the fact that already knew one of the employees working there. There were three managers I met with all who approved and hired me the very next day.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Children's Place in July 2013.

Interview Details One interview necessary for the position. The interview process includes a group interview with one of the store managers. Very simple, basic questions and the interview doesn't last more than 20, 25 minutes. The other part of the process is a day trial run that includes you interacting with customers, folding clothes, and passing out blue bags.

Interview Question – Can you handle a high speed work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details I applied online and after two days I have received a call from the store manager for an interview. The process was easy and fast. The manager was really nice and friendly. There were no difficult or complicated questions, just a few questions about customer service.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question   Answer Question

Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details It was a bit awkward at first, because I arrived 5 minutes early, and was told to leave and come back exactly on time. The interview process was really nice; the manager was super friendly and did her best to make things comfortable. It was a group interview, so we went in a circle answering questions like "what does good customer service mean to you" and "how would handle this situation."

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty normal as far as retail goes: they went along the lines of answering what-if scenarios, and customer services ideals.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The hiring process took a bit longer than I expected, and it was already time for me to move for college.

Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Children's Place in March 2014.

Interview Details Last minute interview it was just me with the manager and sales lead in the back stock room. Said they would contact me for another interview after speaking with the regional manager, but they never called.

Interview Question – very standard interview questions. Tell me about yourself, why should we hire you ect.   Answer Question

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!