The Coca-Cola Company

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Coca-Cola Company in March 2014.

Interview Details First there was a phone interview and the HR manager explained the position and asked:
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why are you leaving your current role?
- What do you do at your current job?
- What is your salary expectation?
And then she scheduled an in person interview:
He asked me to go over my resume and tell him everything
He asked about a time when I had to deal with a coworker that didn't like my idea. There was a role play where I had to sell Coke vending machines to a high school.

Interview Question – Sell me something   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Coca-Cola Company in September 2013.

Interview Details Hiring managers asked stock questions and took all answers at face value.

Interview Question – They were all stock questions,
"would you steal to feed your family?"
"what was the most difficult situation you've been in and how did you get out of it?"
"what is your worst quality?"
"what is your best quality?"
"how do you deal with difficult customers?"
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – They were not open to negotiating and the offer made was more or less a joke.
Shocked that this is a fortune 500 company.

Market Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Coca-Cola Company in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied Online. Contacted by an outside recruiter a couple weeks later. Had an initial phone screening with the recruiter followed by a face-to-face interview with two hiring managers.

Interview Question – The interview was not difficult and had some pretty basic questions. After the questions you're asked to role play a specific customer/sales rep scenario.   Answer Question

Market Development Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Coca-Cola Company in January 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter over the phone who set up an interview for me the next week. I met with two managers on site, and the interview process lasted about half an hour. It consisted of a few questions regarding how I would handle certain situations as well as a 10 minute "sales simulation."

Interview Question – I didn't find this interview to have any unexpected questions. Very basic stuff if you have sales experience and common sense.   Answer Question

Market Development Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Coca-Cola Company.

Interview Details Recruiter called, Set up interview, One interview, Role play

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were through recruiter and very one sided

Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Coca-Cola Company in August 2010.

Interview Details HR contacted for information gathering, proceeded to in person interview. Took a total of 2 weeks.

Interview Question – How do you feel your prior experiences with translate into the beverage industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, pay is dependent on band you're applying for and experience.

Interviewed at The Coca-Cola Company

Interview Details Phone interview was 10 min. Next day face to face interview with hiring managers.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation made.

Market Development Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Coca-Cola Company.

Interview Details phone interview then face to face interview

Interview Question – mock sales pitch   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated with recruiter

Interviewed at The Coca-Cola Company

Interview Details In person interview - simple questions. Be prepared to do a sales pitch. I had to sell in a display of Coke products in a convenient store. The interviewers were the store owners. Overall easy interview. I had to go in once more to meet with the district sales manager and he didn't ask many questions. Was offered the job a couple days later.

Interview Question – sales pitch   Answer Question

Market Development Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Coca-Cola Company in November 2011.

Interview Details Initial phone call pretty standard- brief description of position and company and scheduled formal phone pre-qualifier interview. Formal phone interview standard background questions to qualify for position followed by third and final phone interview using ever popular S.T.A.R. questioning method. In person interview was panel with 2 interviewers. More S.T.A.R. questions and opportunity to ask your own questions. Before departing they ask you to give a sales presentation on a product and scenario they provide. I would recommend researching the company, future initiatives, recent brand launches and territory area.

Interview Question – "What is your biggest flaw?" "What is your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were pretty firm on original offer claiming they had taken into account all info and background experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Coca-Cola Company

Worked for The Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Coca-Cola Company Market Development Manager interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Coca-Cola Company employees and interview candidates.