The Gap Interview Questions & Reviews

547 interviews

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wembley, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

My experience when interviewing for the gap was great. The Hiring manager was warm, friendly and welcoming. I was asked fun questions about fashion about my personality and to put together outfits. Overall the team seemed energetic, positive, and a young group working together to reach targets. As a graduate student looking for a part time job it was definitely a positive place to learn some different skills and have fun as well!

Interview Questions
    • There was not really a difficult question. The most surprising task was to put together an outfit for a specific person and event.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Senior Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

Had an interview with an agency and then a second interview at Berkeley Square with a Director. I got through to the third round for a final interview.

On the morning of the interview I drove up to attend. My car caught fire on the motorway whilst driving. I was pulled out of the car by fire brigade and police, whilst it burned.

Covered in soot and smoke and slightly distressed, having narrowly escaped and having an urge to hold my 16 week old baby, oh, and having no transport to continue the journey - I called HR at Gap to let them know.

Interview Questions
    • Their response to my request to reschedule was - turn up today, or that's it, you are out of the process. They could hear the motorway and the sirens but wouldn't budge an inch.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at The Gap in May 2011.

Group interview, had to go out in store and pick out an outfit for a customer that was described to us within a set budget.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in September 2011.

The hiring process is generally three rounds, where first one is about telephonic interview. They ask you pretty generic questions, for me I thought they just called in to know if I spoke English well or not. Once that was done, they asked me to come to Gap for a Group discussion which is then succeeded by a 1:1 or sometimes 2:1 with manager(s).

Interview Questions
    They do not leave you much room for negotiation, but then at this position, I dont think you need to negotiate much at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

Initially I was interview by the scheduling manager. He asked a few questions about my prior experience. As well as a few situational questions. It was very lax and I wore clothes that would be appropriate for working there. He offered me a hourly wage of $10.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do?" type of questions such if you see a fellow employee stealing, what the protocol should be.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leesburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in April 2013.

They ask a bunch of simple questions, and do not care about your answer. It is just a part of the hiring process. They're very desperate and ALWAYS hiring, no matter what. It's an easy job to get.

Interview Questions
    • They all start out as "Name a time when..." Very simple questions   View Answer

General Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

The hiring and interview process was ridiculously long, over a month with three separate interviews all encompassing the same questions. Towards the end I almost just accepted a different offer from another company because I was tired of waiting on them.

Interview Questions
    The salary negation phase was easy and quick and at the very end of the process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Štore (Slovenia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Štore (Slovenia)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at The Gap.

The interview was a very pleasant experience! The manager was very personable while asking questions to find out my work experience and what my expectations were for this job. He was also looking for what positive attributes that my former experience could add to this stores team. I feel that is very important to know, as a manager. He was actually building his team to be successful, by adding diversity in all areas of the staff! GREAT MANAGER!!! KNOWS HIS STUFF AND LEADS BY EXAMPLE!!!

FAIR

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Gap in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. The call was confusing because she asked me about my availability and even though I told her she was still confused on the hours that I could work. When it was time for the interview, she asked a lot of the basic questions. This was my 1st ever interview and I was kind of surprised when she made me go out on the floor and pretend to help people out. After the interview was done, she said that she would call the next day, but never did.

Interview Questions
    • Either having to go out on the floor or what was the worst type of customer service you've had?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coconut Grove, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Gap in November 2011.

Group panel with about 8-9 others and the manager asks you questions about why you chose working for Gap, what do you like best about the clothes. It's a first come first serve answer approach but it was best if you showed immediate interest in answering instead of being the last and let everyone else answer before you.

Interview Questions
    • Giving a good sales pitch for advertising what you were wearing in the interview.   Answer Question

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!