The Gap

Average Difficulty
532 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wembley, England

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

Interview Details My experience when interviewing for the gap was great. The Hiring manager was warm, friendly and welcoming. I was asked fun questions about fashion about my personality and to put together outfits. Overall the team seemed energetic, positive, and a young group working together to reach targets. As a graduate student looking for a part time job it was definitely a positive place to learn some different skills and have fun as well!

Interview Question – There was not really a difficult question. The most surprising task was to put together an outfit for a specific person and event.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Senior Merchandise Planner Interview

Senior Merchandise Planner
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details Had an interview with an agency and then a second interview at Berkeley Square with a Director. I got through to the third round for a final interview.

On the morning of the interview I drove up to attend. My car caught fire on the motorway whilst driving. I was pulled out of the car by fire brigade and police, whilst it burned.

Covered in soot and smoke and slightly distressed, having narrowly escaped and having an urge to hold my 16 week old baby, oh, and having no transport to continue the journey - I called HR at Gap to let them know.

Interview Question – Their response to my request to reschedule was - turn up today, or that's it, you are out of the process. They could hear the motorway and the sirens but wouldn't budge an inch.   View Answer

London, England

I interviewed at The Gap in May 2011.

Interview Details Group interview, had to go out in store and pick out an outfit for a customer that was described to us within a set budget.

Interview Question – Why did you pick those shoes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

City of London, England

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in September 2011.

Interview Details The hiring process is generally three rounds, where first one is about telephonic interview. They ask you pretty generic questions, for me I thought they just called in to know if I spoke English well or not. Once that was done, they asked me to come to Gap for a Group discussion which is then succeeded by a 1:1 or sometimes 2:1 with manager(s).

Interview Question – None.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They do not leave you much room for negotiation, but then at this position, I dont think you need to negotiate much at all.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in August 2011.

Interview Details just apply online and they'll call you if they're interested. interview process is pretty easy. just be yourself and answer honestly and you should be set. i wore a v neck sweater and an oxford button down and skinny jeans. they tell you to sell them what you have on and that was pretty easy. try to stand out but don't over do it because it doesnt seem like they like that too much.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there wasn't one. its was a starting position so i took it. 8.25 isn't so bad.

Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details I applied online for The Gap , and the next day I got a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with at least 20 people, there were three mangers and each one of them asked a question, and everyone took turns answering the question, and they did a little thing where you had to try and remember everyones name in the circle.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. When is there a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? What is a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? what is one word that describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Gap in May 2014.

Interview Details They take a really long time to hire someone. The process is very slow moving, and there seems to be no variance in the numerous interviews you are required to go through. Everyone asked the same questions, they should perhaps consider a group interview to save time.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, in fact a little to boring.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation they made a more then fair offer right up front.

Very Easy Interview

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

Inventory Planning Analyst
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Gap in November 2012.

Interview Details Very casual, it was more of an open discussion and learning more about the role and responsibilities. Because I was referred from a previous director, it was a more relaxed interview process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to switch into a different function when you already have experience in it.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in January 2013.

Interview Details applied online got a phone call and group interview in the same week. About ten people there. Very friendly environment. Not intimidating at all. Depending on the hiring manager, the process is fairly simple.

Interview Question – general questions none were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Seasonal Employment Coordinator Interview

Seasonal Employment Coordinator
Fishkill, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details 1st interview over the phone. 2nd interview in person. Interview questions typical. Interviewers very nice, casual atmosphere. Seems like a great company to work with good people.

Interview Question – Tell us how you delivered some type of bad news you delivered and how you did it   Answer Question

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!