The Gap

2.4

Senior Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

Had an interview with an agency and then a second interview at Berkeley Square with a Director. I got through to the third round for a final interview.

On the morning of the interview I drove up to attend. My car caught fire on the motorway whilst driving. I was pulled out of the car by fire brigade and police, whilst it burned.

Covered in soot and smoke and slightly distressed, having narrowly escaped and having an urge to hold my 16 week old baby, oh, and having no transport to continue the journey - I called HR at Gap to let them know.

Interview Questions
    • Their response to my request to reschedule was - turn up today, or that's it, you are out of the process. They could hear the motorway and the sirens but wouldn't budge an inch.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

My experience when interviewing for the gap was great. The Hiring manager was warm, friendly and welcoming. I was asked fun questions about fashion about my personality and to put together outfits. Overall the team seemed energetic, positive, and a young group working together to reach targets. As a graduate student looking for a part time job it was definitely a positive place to learn some different skills and have fun as well!

Interview Questions
    • There was not really a difficult question. The most surprising task was to put together an outfit for a specific person and event.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in September 2011.

The hiring process is generally three rounds, where first one is about telephonic interview. They ask you pretty generic questions, for me I thought they just called in to know if I spoke English well or not. Once that was done, they asked me to come to Gap for a Group discussion which is then succeeded by a 1:1 or sometimes 2:1 with manager(s).

Interview Questions
    They do not leave you much room for negotiation, but then at this position, I dont think you need to negotiate much at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at The Gap in May 2011.

Group interview, had to go out in store and pick out an outfit for a customer that was described to us within a set budget.

none

Retail Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Gap.

Gave my resume through career fair at my school. They quickly contacted me to set up an on-campus interview. After the interview, there was the next round where we had to create a new brand for the GAP and craft a presentation. Presented to a GAP recruiter via Skype.

Interview Questions
    • If GAP was releasing a new leather jacket, how should it decide its distribution strategy?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Applied online. Got a phone call within a week from the store manager asking me to come in for an interview. A few days later, before I had met the manager in person for the interview, I got another phone call saying that our first 5 minute phone conversation counted as my "interview" and that I could come in for training. The process and manager seemed chaotic and unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I was asked was about my availability during the holiday season.   Answer Question

IT Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

I met with six different people during the day. The interview questions were very straight forward with a lot of time spent on people telling me about the job, what they did and asking "tell me about yourself." Not a lot of meat in the interviews.

I was a former employee and actually found that to be a disadvantage because people don't realize how much has changed since you left and therefore, tend to under explain things. They also tend to be more chatty and I didn't feel like I got a chance to show my accomplishments like I do in other interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think Gap's new international initiative will impact your job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online on the Gap hiring website website. One of the managers called me about a week (maybe less) later. The manager gave me a description of the sales associate position but did not ask too many questions for me to consider it a phone interview. She asked me to come in for a one on one later that week. Very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced something difficult and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied online, received a call about a week later, went in for a group interview the following week, received a phone call a few days later notifying me of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic interview questions - tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for The Gap, tell me a time you had a conflict with an employee/customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

I was contacted for an interview almost immediately after filling out the application online. We walked over to the food court - it was very casual. The manager and a manager-in-training both interviewed me. Mostly the questions were based about my experience at previous retail positions. Nothing caught me off guard, or no question was too difficult to ask. If you're friendly and enjoy a retail position - you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst experience with a customer?   View Answer