The Gap Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2014

2.4

Senior Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

Had an interview with an agency and then a second interview at Berkeley Square with a Director. I got through to the third round for a final interview.

On the morning of the interview I drove up to attend. My car caught fire on the motorway whilst driving. I was pulled out of the car by fire brigade and police, whilst it burned.

Covered in soot and smoke and slightly distressed, having narrowly escaped and having an urge to hold my 16 week old baby, oh, and having no transport to continue the journey - I called HR at Gap to let them know.

Interview Questions
    • Their response to my request to reschedule was - turn up today, or that's it, you are out of the process. They could hear the motorway and the sirens but wouldn't budge an inch.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

My experience when interviewing for the gap was great. The Hiring manager was warm, friendly and welcoming. I was asked fun questions about fashion about my personality and to put together outfits. Overall the team seemed energetic, positive, and a young group working together to reach targets. As a graduate student looking for a part time job it was definitely a positive place to learn some different skills and have fun as well!

Interview Questions
    • There was not really a difficult question. The most surprising task was to put together an outfit for a specific person and event.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in September 2011.

The hiring process is generally three rounds, where first one is about telephonic interview. They ask you pretty generic questions, for me I thought they just called in to know if I spoke English well or not. Once that was done, they asked me to come to Gap for a Group discussion which is then succeeded by a 1:1 or sometimes 2:1 with manager(s).

Interview Questions
    They do not leave you much room for negotiation, but then at this position, I dont think you need to negotiate much at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at The Gap in May 2011.

Group interview, had to go out in store and pick out an outfit for a customer that was described to us within a set budget.

none

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

I arrived ten minutes ahead of my scheduled interview time, and told an associate I was there for my interview. I waited 15 minutes after my interview time and the manager finally came around to apologized for the delay because their was an error in scheduling I had my interview with a different manager. I was told to pick out two outfits one that represented myself and another outfit I would dress someone else. During the actual interview I explained my choices and advertise well. It was a group interview, but I felt comfortable during the process as my interviewer was friendly and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • Is it more important to achieve team goals or individual ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied at a job fair and online. Group interview with 5 people. Interviewer was very friendly and put us at ease. We pulled 2 different looks, one to describe us and another to wear in fall/winter. After explaining the looks we were asked a few questions. Overall it was good and dare I say fun?

Interview Questions
    • Do you value personal or team goals more and why?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

As soon as I was submitting the job application they asked me if I had time for an interview, right there and then. The interview lasted like around an hour and mainly questions about customer service. A week after they called to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was to demonstrate that even though I didn't have experience in a retail store I knew about customer service.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

I filled out the application and the next day I got a call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview about 12 people for a new store they're opening so they're were going to be a lot of job opportunities. They asked us 3 simple questions and told us they would let us know by the end of the week. I was called Tuesday mid-day and offed a position.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you realized you made a mistake and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

I applied on Tuesday late evening and by Wednesday I was called for a brief phone interview. After I passed I was given a face to face interview for the next day. First off the interviewer started very unprofessional by being late then it continued with her having a nasty attitude. I wouldn't want to work for this location if that's the type of people who will be managing me.

Interview Questions
    • What goals did you have to meet at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Unprofessional interview experience

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

I was called 2 weeks after I submitted an online application. During the phone call I was assesed. Regarding why I want to work for the company, availability, etc. She told me she'd like me to come in for an interview. The following saturday. It was a group interview. I wore jeans, boots, a button up and pullover sweater. I answered all questions. Out of the group of 10, myself and another girl were immediately offered the position.

Interview Questions
    No need. Salary was great!