The Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

275 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

My experience when interviewing for the gap was great. The Hiring manager was warm, friendly and welcoming. I was asked fun questions about fashion about my personality and to put together outfits. Overall the team seemed energetic, positive, and a young group working together to reach targets. As a graduate student looking for a part time job it was definitely a positive place to learn some different skills and have fun as well!

Interview Questions
  • There was not really a difficult question. The most surprising task was to put together an outfit for a specific person and event.   View Answer
There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in September 2011.

The hiring process is generally three rounds, where first one is about telephonic interview. They ask you pretty generic questions, for me I thought they just called in to know if I spoke English well or not. Once that was done, they asked me to come to Gap for a Group discussion which is then succeeded by a 1:1 or sometimes 2:1 with manager(s).

Interview Questions
    They do not leave you much room for negotiation, but then at this position, I dont think you need to negotiate much at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at The Gap in May 2011.

Group interview, had to go out in store and pick out an outfit for a customer that was described to us within a set budget.

none

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied at a job fair and online. Group interview with 5 people. Interviewer was very friendly and put us at ease. We pulled 2 different looks, one to describe us and another to wear in fall/winter. After explaining the looks we were asked a few questions. Overall it was good and dare I say fun?

Interview Questions
    • Do you value personal or team goals more and why?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

As soon as I was submitting the job application they asked me if I had time for an interview, right there and then. The interview lasted like around an hour and mainly questions about customer service. A week after they called to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was to demonstrate that even though I didn't have experience in a retail store I knew about customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Regular retail questions. You apply online and they will call you. It is easy. Just dont be nervous. Sometimes it is group interview sometimes they are one on one interview.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

Apply when a big holiday is coming up because you almost guarantee to get the job, about 1-5 days they will call you to set up an interview with one of the managers there. They will ask you simple questions like why you wanna work there, your previous employers why you left, your hobbies etc. Also they will go over the policies they have. If you get the job job then you are required to watch some videos thats probably like 3 hours long, good thing about that is that you still get paid for watching them

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

Applied online, two days later got an email to come in and do a group interview. There was me and a few other girls. Manger was super friendly and engaging. It felt like I was just meeting some new people, as it was pretty stress free. I tried to be outgoing and that appeared to be key. The quieter girls did not get hired. Got a call few days later and they offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how your worked through a difficult situation at work.   Answer Question
    Offered far above minimum wage, no negotiation from me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Initially I was interview by the scheduling manager. He asked a few questions about my prior experience. As well as a few situational questions. It was very lax and I wore clothes that would be appropriate for working there. He offered me a hourly wage of $10.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do?" type of questions such if you see a fellow employee stealing, what the protocol should be.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Štore (Slovenia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Štore (Slovenia)

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Gap.

The interview was a very pleasant experience! The manager was very personable while asking questions to find out my work experience and what my expectations were for this job. He was also looking for what positive attributes that my former experience could add to this stores team. I feel that is very important to know, as a manager. He was actually building his team to be successful, by adding diversity in all areas of the staff! GREAT MANAGER!!! KNOWS HIS STUFF AND LEADS BY EXAMPLE!!!

FAIR