The Gap

2.1

293 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

My experience when interviewing for the gap was great. The Hiring manager was warm, friendly and welcoming. I was asked fun questions about fashion about my personality and to put together outfits. Overall the team seemed energetic, positive, and a young group working together to reach targets. As a graduate student looking for a part time job it was definitely a positive place to learn some different skills and have fun as well!

Interview Questions
  • There was not really a difficult question. The most surprising task was to put together an outfit for a specific person and event.   View Answer
There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in September 2011.

The hiring process is generally three rounds, where first one is about telephonic interview. They ask you pretty generic questions, for me I thought they just called in to know if I spoke English well or not. Once that was done, they asked me to come to Gap for a Group discussion which is then succeeded by a 1:1 or sometimes 2:1 with manager(s).

Interview Questions
    They do not leave you much room for negotiation, but then at this position, I dont think you need to negotiate much at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at The Gap in May 2011.

Group interview, had to go out in store and pick out an outfit for a customer that was described to us within a set budget.

none

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

I applied online and they called me a few days later to schedule an interview. The interview was with one of the managers, and it was very simple: he took me into their break room, asked me about my reasoning for wanting to work with the brand. He then asked me to describe my personal style, talk about my experiences with people, and asked me about availability. He told me on the spot that I was hired and that he would be calling me soon to set up a day for training and orientation. It very casual, easy, and simple!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

After an initial meet with the the head hiring manager, myself and one other potential hire sat down with a different hiring manager at a nearby cafe. It was very laid back and put me at ease. We discussed our qualifications, what the job would entail and were asked to explain how we might react in different hypothetical situations.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap.

Easy and straight forward. Basic questions. Not very personal. Didn't care about personality just availability. They were looking for holiday help. Didn't tell me I was seasonal. Was let go but invited to come back in the summer. Pretty disappointing in general. I will not go back.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied online. Took a few weeks for them to contact me. The interview is not a simple "sit and talk." They interviewed me and another candidate at the same time out in the middle of the store. Asked us the basic questions like "what can you contribute, how does your personality fit in, why Gap, how do you reactin so and so situation?" Then they made us pick out an outfit and "sell" it to them. They were very friendly, but it was kind of awkward just standing there for like 10 minutes while customers were walking around.

Interview Questions
    • How can you represent Gap's goal of a family friendly enviornment to the customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

The interview was in a group with two other people. Dress attire was laid back, there were no requirements so I'd just dress as if I were working at The Gap currently. Everything was pretty chill, they placed us in the back, past the dressing rooms in these individual rooms surrounded by inventory boxes. "Just be yourself" is as much advice as I can give, just be natural. They'll ask about previous situations, and about yourself later on in the individual portion. I was told they'd call within the week, but don't sweat it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

The hiring process was fairly easy. I applied and they called me the following day to schedule a interview. It was a group interview so it was easy to do role play and they just asked the basics such as what are your plans for the future? What do you know about The Gap?

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty easy, nothing out of the ordinary pertaining to retail.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tilton, NH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tilton, NH (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Gap in November 2014.

I placed an online application and got a call two days later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview process was very short and to the point. They were hiring for the holiday season so the questions were a lot about availability. After the interview I got another call the next day about coming in for employee training because I got the job!

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.