The Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

269 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wembley, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

My experience when interviewing for the gap was great. The Hiring manager was warm, friendly and welcoming. I was asked fun questions about fashion about my personality and to put together outfits. Overall the team seemed energetic, positive, and a young group working together to reach targets. As a graduate student looking for a part time job it was definitely a positive place to learn some different skills and have fun as well!

Interview Questions
  • There was not really a difficult question. The most surprising task was to put together an outfit for a specific person and event.   View Answer
There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in September 2011.

The hiring process is generally three rounds, where first one is about telephonic interview. They ask you pretty generic questions, for me I thought they just called in to know if I spoke English well or not. Once that was done, they asked me to come to Gap for a Group discussion which is then succeeded by a 1:1 or sometimes 2:1 with manager(s).

Interview Questions
    They do not leave you much room for negotiation, but then at this position, I dont think you need to negotiate much at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at The Gap in May 2011.

Group interview, had to go out in store and pick out an outfit for a customer that was described to us within a set budget.

none

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flatbush, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

Regular retail questions. You apply online and they will call you. It is easy. Just dont be nervous. Sometimes it is group interview sometimes they are one on one interview.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

Initially I was interview by the scheduling manager. He asked a few questions about my prior experience. As well as a few situational questions. It was very lax and I wore clothes that would be appropriate for working there. He offered me a hourly wage of $10.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do?" type of questions such if you see a fellow employee stealing, what the protocol should be.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Štore (Slovenia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Štore (Slovenia)

I applied in-person - interviewed at The Gap.

The interview was a very pleasant experience! The manager was very personable while asking questions to find out my work experience and what my expectations were for this job. He was also looking for what positive attributes that my former experience could add to this stores team. I feel that is very important to know, as a manager. He was actually building his team to be successful, by adding diversity in all areas of the staff! GREAT MANAGER!!! KNOWS HIS STUFF AND LEADS BY EXAMPLE!!!

FAIR

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

Pretty generic interview questions that can be prepared beforehand, i.e. greatest strength and weakness, how you deal with difficult situations, etc. I was contacted for an interview and hired within 2 weeks or so.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call the very next day. The phone call lasted 5-10 minutes, and just went over a couple basic things from a prior retail job I had. Two days later, I was scheduled for an in person interview. That one lasted about an hour, with the same person who did my phone interview. It was very easy and laid back, but it may have helped that I am familiar with the brand, love fashion, and have several years of retail experience. I had to wait for the required background check to go through. Exactly one week after my in person interview, I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a pair of jeans that you had never seen or even touched until that moment to a customer who was interested?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

first I did the online application, about 2 weeks later, i got a call to come in for a group interview. I arrived 30 minutes early and looked around the store while the interviewer was getting ready. It was 4 people in total and we were taken to the back room and sat down at a couch. They asked us if we had any job experience, a time where we had to deal with people, and how we would describe our fashion style and who our fashion role model was. And that was it

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with people or customers   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online for The Gap , and the next day I got a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with at least 20 people, there were three mangers and each one of them asked a question, and everyone took turns answering the question, and they did a little thing where you had to try and remember everyones name in the circle.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. When is there a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? What is a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? what is one word that describe you?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!