The Gap

2.2

285 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

My experience when interviewing for the gap was great. The Hiring manager was warm, friendly and welcoming. I was asked fun questions about fashion about my personality and to put together outfits. Overall the team seemed energetic, positive, and a young group working together to reach targets. As a graduate student looking for a part time job it was definitely a positive place to learn some different skills and have fun as well!

Interview Questions
  • There was not really a difficult question. The most surprising task was to put together an outfit for a specific person and event.   View Answer
There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in September 2011.

The hiring process is generally three rounds, where first one is about telephonic interview. They ask you pretty generic questions, for me I thought they just called in to know if I spoke English well or not. Once that was done, they asked me to come to Gap for a Group discussion which is then succeeded by a 1:1 or sometimes 2:1 with manager(s).

Interview Questions
    They do not leave you much room for negotiation, but then at this position, I dont think you need to negotiate much at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at The Gap in May 2011.

Group interview, had to go out in store and pick out an outfit for a customer that was described to us within a set budget.

none

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

The interview was in a group with two other people. Dress attire was laid back, there were no requirements so I'd just dress as if I were working at The Gap currently. Everything was pretty chill, they placed us in the back, past the dressing rooms in these individual rooms surrounded by inventory boxes. "Just be yourself" is as much advice as I can give, just be natural. They'll ask about previous situations, and about yourself later on in the individual portion. I was told they'd call within the week, but don't sweat it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

The hiring process was fairly easy. I applied and they called me the following day to schedule a interview. It was a group interview so it was easy to do role play and they just asked the basics such as what are your plans for the future? What do you know about The Gap?

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty easy, nothing out of the ordinary pertaining to retail.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tilton, NH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tilton, NH (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Gap in November 2014.

I placed an online application and got a call two days later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview process was very short and to the point. They were hiring for the holiday season so the questions were a lot about availability. After the interview I got another call the next day about coming in for employee training because I got the job!

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I didn't have an interview because I did an internship there and they hired me during the holidays. Which was pretty easy and I'm still employed at Old Navy. Though wish they can give out more work opportunities.

Sales Associate Interview

As soon as I was submitting the job application they asked me if I had time for an interview, right there and then. The interview lasted like around an hour and mainly questions about customer service. A week after they called to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was to demonstrate that even though I didn't have experience in a retail store I knew about customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied at a job fair and online. Group interview with 5 people. Interviewer was very friendly and put us at ease. We pulled 2 different looks, one to describe us and another to wear in fall/winter. After explaining the looks we were asked a few questions. Overall it was good and dare I say fun?

Interview Questions
    • Do you value personal or team goals more and why?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

I was EXTREMELY early. The interview was like a big conversation. Asked what did customer service mean to us & how do we keep up with trends & why did we wore what we did

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between customer service & selling.   Answer Question