The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 17 Sep 2014

2.2

221 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

it varies.,,depends on the need...usually about 2 weeks for you to get a call after u get an interview..But now the process has changed ..once u apply u have to call the headquarter which is in Atlanta and they will contact you if the store you are trying to work for need people depending on the position you have applied for.

Interview Questions
  • no hard question...tell me about yourself type of thing...   Answer Question
I did negotiate my offer..got a little bit more of the minimal wage in my state and did not have any experience at all

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot.

very long. From the time of application to actually hearing from the store can take weeks. after interview the drug test and background check can take any where from 2 days to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were all pretty basic, how would you handle this or hwat have you done in the past etc.   Answer Question
    It is more of a take it or leave it type of offer. Regardless of past experience everyone starts out at a base pay.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Quick and easy the operation was very simple. with very little questions. you wont have any trouble getting the job. the questions as well as management and the process was very easy adn laid back.

Cashier Interview

I applied online, and I heard back about a month later for a phone interview. 2 days later I got an email to set up my in-person interview. I am hoping that I get the job.

Interview Questions
    • On the phone interview: What was your most difficult time you had at your old job.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Watsonville, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Applied online and then got a response to call for phone interview. Passed that and got an in person interview. Still waiting on background and drug test. They ask a lot about customer service and your overall work experience

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult just would you be able to lift heavy things a lot   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online, in about 4 days I was called in for an interview, they asked basic questions about the type of person I was, and such. After the interview they said that I had to go for a drug test that day. You can't reschedule. I got the job the next day after the drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the founders of the company. I researched before hand but I forgot the names towards the middle of the interview. The interviewer was nice about it and said I learn them pretty quick while working there.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

After going through an absolutely ridiculous online application process in which I was not really sure if my application was initially submitted...I got a phone call the SAME morning I was emailed to be notified I would be receiving the call. They did not even mention an exact time, just a time frame of 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What was unexpected is that I could not really understand the person doing the interview so most of the time I was guessing the questions and everything she was saying....I am not a racist person nor judgmental in any way except in emergency situations. I believe it was unfair to have someone with an extremely strong accent to interview people for HOME DEPOT....if I was able to actually talk to the person rather than be drilled like I was a criminal I am sure I would have been working there by now. How hard is it to scan products and help people people I have THREE CHILDREN AND KNOW PLENTY ABOUT HELPING AND SCANNING :)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corona, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

I put in an application and then about a week later I received a call to do a phone interview. The phone interview was basically asking about when did you go beyond and above and what kind of experience do you have. A week later I got an in person interview and there was a lot of what if questions and how you would help the customer questions. There was questions like since you are the last person the customer sees what would you do.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a person needed a fitting with a certain pipe piece.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Process started with automated phone questions which anyone could answer. Then I was transfered to a live person who asked me several more questions. I was told after answering the questions that I had passed that portion of the interview process. Then that live person scheduled a face to face interview at the local Home Depot store. Face to face interview at store was with a woman who seemed like she could care less about me, the interview, or her job. The interviewer did no make eye contact with me, she seemed distracted, and was unprofessional. She gave me very little information and did not explain to me the purpose for, or the reason why, she was requesting certain information from me. The interview lasted about ten minutes. Two weeks passed and I got a call from the lady who interviewed me requesting that I provide a state I.D. in order for them to run a background check. I was asked at that time if I was still interested in a position at Home Depot. I was told that the position I applied for was no longer available but they were considering me for other positions but did not tell me which ones.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions or unexpected questions.   View Answer

After face to face interview at the store I decided that it was not a work environment that I wanted to be a part of.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Utica, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, MI (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Pretty simple questions if you have ever worked retail. A lot about dealing with customers. Had to interview with two separate people then they offered me the job. Must take drug screen within 48 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to use speed and accuracy to complete a task.   Answer Question
    Not really any negotiation. They only pay $8.50 for cashiers.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!