The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2014
1,475 Interview Reviews

2.3

MET Team Interview

Ask you a lot of questions based on scenarios, if you've taken the test on the website, be prepared to take it again in person. It wasn't too bad but I didn't even know what to wear and came in business clothes and really could have just worn jeans and a t-shirt. Some of the management is nice, others not so much.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about certain areas in the store and how you might handle a situation, if you have no experience in hardware, PPE or anything else like that you won't have a clue how to answer the questions.   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

The HR lady at home depot called me in for an interview, I had no idea what position I was even being hired for. So I went to the interview pretty much blind, also it was my first interview. Not really knowing how the departments worked and maybe I am going to be working everywhere.. I had my interview, went well, got the job, the end.

Cashier Interview

it varies.,,depends on the need...usually about 2 weeks for you to get a call after u get an interview..But now the process has changed ..once u apply u have to call the headquarter which is in Atlanta and they will contact you if the store you are trying to work for need people depending on the position you have applied for.

Interview Questions
    • no hard question...tell me about yourself type of thing...   Answer Question
    I did negotiate my offer..got a little bit more of the minimal wage in my state and did not have any experience at all

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot.

very long. From the time of application to actually hearing from the store can take weeks. after interview the drug test and background check can take any where from 2 days to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were all pretty basic, how would you handle this or hwat have you done in the past etc.   Answer Question
    It is more of a take it or leave it type of offer. Regardless of past experience everyone starts out at a base pay.

Administrative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

The process is forever! They have to interview at least 3 people. The questions are difficult and have to be answered in 3 parts. Most of the time the person interviewing already has someone in mind, for the position making the process a bit unfair. It's very difficult to get an office position unless you know someone.

Any Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online. Then i had a couple of phome interviews, then face to face interview in store. Was made an offer within a week. Accepted the offer and after testing waited about a week for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked for specific examples of how I handled certain situations at previous employers   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

It is a joke. They have you answer a ton of questions and then they have a stupid third party company call and drill you a little before you can even talk to anyone at the store location that you applied.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Quick and easy the operation was very simple. with very little questions. you wont have any trouble getting the job. the questions as well as management and the process was very easy adn laid back.

Special Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

I applied on a Saturday. Monday I recieved a company generated email that requested that I call into this automated number and speak with a rep. The rep asked me 4 questions and documented mu answers. The following day an HR rep called me and asked I was avaible to come in earlier for my interview, in which I accepted. The interview was about 30 minutes. The manager explained why they were hiring and really focused on the company culture and his expectations of his workers. After answering all of his questions, I met another manager, who spoke with me. Once the interview was concluded, an offer was made to me on the spot :). Once I accepted, I was immediately directed to go take a drug test. I was then advised that the background check will take about 3 days and the HR rep will call me to let me know when the training class will start.

Interview Questions
    • These questions were scenario based questions, which were fairly easy.   Answer Question
    He asked me what I would like to accept as a salary, I stated between 9.00-9.50, he offered me 9.50.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

Hiring is Pretty fast easy going questions5 questions average the manager was nice and informative, but the training process is horrible and very long alot of question for this position you have to be a quick learner

Interview Questions
    • There are'nt any difficult questions its pretty much asking you about your work experience and how do you handle tough situations. Using prior experience how has that helped you now.   Answer Question

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!