The Home Depot

Updated 30 Jan 2015
1,636 Interview Reviews

2.3

MET Team Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Online. Phone. In store. 10 questions. Get hired. Drug test/background. Wait a week or so. You start. Pretty basic. As long as you have a brain and can answer with confidence and share positive and negative experiences and how you corrected them, they'll like ya.

Interview Questions

With previous (over 10 years experience) time in retail (management) they didn't even consider giving a bump in pay. Just one flat rate. Not worth it. Great for starters. Not for retail vets.

Home Depot Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Met with the assistant manager for the first Interview and was 6 simple scenario interview questions like, "describe a time when you had to do a task both quickly and accurately." And "why do you want to work for the Home Depot?" Was scheduled a second interview with the store manager about a week later.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I had a phone interview, then I guess I passed the phone interview because they receptionist scheduled me a interview. Went to the interview and got offered the job on the spot. Just waiting for my background and drug test! Paying sucks tho 8.50

There wasn't no negotiation

Pro Desk Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Phone interview was scheduled. Phone interview was relatively easy and fast. Interview was then scheduled in -store with Assistant Store Manager. Total process after being offered the position was about 30 days until start date. They have a policy that most new hires must start as a lot attendant, then, depending on your performance, you have the opportunity to move to an in-store position at a higher rate of pay.
    As stated though, the hiring process took approx. 4 weeks. Be patient

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got a phone call for a phone interview where they ask reasonably easy questions nothing challenging afterwards I got a call 30 minutes later from The Home Depot wanting to arrange an interview.
    The interview was friendly yet formal, I got asked around 10 formal questions then had a brief conversation with the HR manager, got a call 3 days later to come in and I went they did a background check and drug test and now working for them.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

1. Apply Online
    2. Phone Automated Interview
    3. First In Store Interview
    4. Second Interview ( Pretty Much You Have The Job By Then) Just A Refresher Of The First Interview and They Offer You The Job.
    5. Background Check/ Drug Test

None. Starting Off With $8.50 In S. FL But Potential For A Raise

Department Supervisor Interview

Applied online. Asked to interview when I arrived for work one evening. Fairly informal with standard "describe a situation where such and such was happening and how you responded " type. of questions

Interview Questions
    • Give example of how you shared your knowledge to other employees   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

must pass the phone interview. and the second interview and pass a drug test and background check before consideration of employment.If you meet all the requirements for employment you can get hired on with Home Depot.

I accepted what they offered cause I was fresh out of school and needed a job.

Senior Software Engineer (Search Algorithms) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

1. Initial typical recruiter phone screen about your background/past projects and motivations.
    2. Half a month later, a different recruiter contacted me to schedule a conversation with a technical architect.
    3. The technical phone screen with aforementioned architect was simply more elaboration of my background and motivations. No programming or theory-related questions were asked.
    4. Second technical phone screen lasting about an hour with a panel engineers in both Austin, TX and Atlanta.
    5. Onsite interview with technical architect and another technical architect plus senior director. The onsite interviews were simply more questions about background and motivations. There were no programming or use of the whiteboard.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected questions required rudimentary knowledge of CPU architecture.   Answer Question

The offered base salary of only $110k & a few thousand dollars worth of RSUs per year was much lower than my current income and lower than market rate.

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

great interview process. they were upbeat and showed real interest in what i had to say easy interview asked me about my past job experience and asked questions in relation to customer service and how as a cashier how could I provide the best customer service possible.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you went above and beyond at your last job   View Answer
    easy