The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
1,466 Interview Reviews

2.3

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2013.

I completed the application online, the process took two, got a call for a phone interview and then I scheduled an interview. Went to the interview, spoke with the Front End Supervisor, interview took 25 minutes, asked a series of questions and got offered the job on the spot and I accepted the offer. Home Depot are always in need of cashiers and they pay well starting off.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no difficult question, just scenario questions.   Answer Question
    If you are in need of a job, take the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Keller, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keller, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

You apply online, receive a call from a call center in which they conduct the first interview with three questions. The second interview is conducted in the store they select you for (when you apply the call center could select you for another store that is close to your home as well). I was asked to come one more time and conduct an interview with the store manager. After I was done with the store manager I waited another 3 days and started the orientation.

Interview Questions
    • when dealing with a customer tell me what is the process of customer service/satisfaction you would use from the moment you met the customer to the moment the customer is leaving the store.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2012.

The Interview process went well. I was called back twice for a second interview before I was offered a job. I did not receive the money/compensation I wanted, given the experience I have, but I excepted the position any, now I am looking for a better employer.

Home Depot did not want to pay me what I asked for.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

very fast,not too many questions where asked person was very laid back and seemed very excited to have me apply there....went fast got the job right away filled out applications and was sent to do a drug test had to be done in 24 hours

Cashier Interview

it varies.,,depends on the need...usually about 2 weeks for you to get a call after u get an interview..But now the process has changed ..once u apply u have to call the headquarter which is in Atlanta and they will contact you if the store you are trying to work for need people depending on the position you have applied for.

Interview Questions
    • no hard question...tell me about yourself type of thing...   Answer Question
    I did negotiate my offer..got a little bit more of the minimal wage in my state and did not have any experience at all

Special Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

I applied on a Saturday. Monday I recieved a company generated email that requested that I call into this automated number and speak with a rep. The rep asked me 4 questions and documented mu answers. The following day an HR rep called me and asked I was avaible to come in earlier for my interview, in which I accepted. The interview was about 30 minutes. The manager explained why they were hiring and really focused on the company culture and his expectations of his workers. After answering all of his questions, I met another manager, who spoke with me. Once the interview was concluded, an offer was made to me on the spot :). Once I accepted, I was immediately directed to go take a drug test. I was then advised that the background check will take about 3 days and the HR rep will call me to let me know when the training class will start.

Interview Questions
    • These questions were scenario based questions, which were fairly easy.   Answer Question
    He asked me what I would like to accept as a salary, I stated between 9.00-9.50, he offered me 9.50.

Cashier Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

I applied online and the process took one week. After filling out an online application, I was called for a phone interview a few days later. After the phone interview was finished, I was scheduled for a face to face interview. The manager who interviewed me was very nice. The questions were typical customer service questions. After the interview was over the manager told me I did excellent and told me to wait to do a second interview in a few minutes. I did the second interview and was offered the position and given the paperwork for the drug test. I went for the drug test, I guess they got my test results back rather quickly because I got called the very next evening by a female manager saying she wants to hire me the next day. I went in and filled out the tax forms and gave my ID and SS card. The hiring manager scheduled me for orientation 2 weeks later and had me sign an invoice so I could be paid for going in that day. She shook my hand and welcomed me aboard. I go to orientation this Sunday afternoon. Overall it was a positive and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the day working as a cashier, what would you say was the most fulfilling experience?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I was told that the pay is 9.75

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot.

very long. From the time of application to actually hearing from the store can take weeks. after interview the drug test and background check can take any where from 2 days to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were all pretty basic, how would you handle this or hwat have you done in the past etc.   Answer Question
    It is more of a take it or leave it type of offer. Regardless of past experience everyone starts out at a base pay.

Director, Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2010.

Rigorous process which includes the discussion of strategy and execution experience. Also, the interview provides a deep dive into financial analysis. Full day process which involves members of the executive team, finance staff and corporate development team. In some instances, marketing and legal are brought into the process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest failure, personally or pofessionally.   Answer Question

Better opportunity to stay at my own firm

Administrative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

The process is forever! They have to interview at least 3 people. The questions are difficult and have to be answered in 3 parts. Most of the time the person interviewing already has someone in mind, for the position making the process a bit unfair. It's very difficult to get an office position unless you know someone.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!