The Home Depot

Updated 16 Jan 2015

2.2

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

great interview process. they were upbeat and showed real interest in what i had to say easy interview asked me about my past job experience and asked questions in relation to customer service and how as a cashier how could I provide the best customer service possible.

Interview Questions
  • name a time when you went above and beyond at your last job   View Answer
easy

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Its Simple (Applied Online) Got A Call Back A Month Later
    1. You Get A Call From An Automated System Asking A Yes/ No Question?
    2. Reroutes Call To Staffing Center Where You Answer 4 Questions?
    3. Hopefully You Get A Call To Setup In Person Interview...Which Is Pretty Your Basic Question? Why Home Depot?.........

Interview Questions
    • There Were None
      1. Tell Me About Your Related Experience For The Position You Applying For?
      2.Tell Me A Time You Went Over And Beyond To Provide Customer Service and How You Provide This At Home Depot?

Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got a call from head quarters did a phone interview and was schedule for an in person interview the same week. I when to my in person interview and it took them over 30 minutes to find someone to interview me because the person that was supposed to do it was busy at the end she interview me. Well she asked simple questions and told me I had the job. I had to take a drug test and I sign a paper to get a background check. I did the drug test that same day. It's about to be over a month and I haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are easy just about your previous work experience   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online a few days later I recieved a call & was asked a few questions about my past job experience , I was then scheduled for an interview I was the. Told I got the job and had 24 hours to complete a drug test now just waiting for the results & overall the questions were quite simple just relax & think positive & be PREPAIRED Smile and look presentable
    Mock questions.com has good sample questions for homedepot that were similar to the questions I was asked

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself "job experiences"   View Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Was contacted by phone first to conduct an over the phone interview. Was asked scenario questions regarding past experience as a cashier or how to solve a problem. Once the phone interview was done I was told that if I qualified, I would be hearing from them for a face to face interview. I was called few days later to attend the interview at the store where I applied. The interview was very relaxed. The manager who interviewed me was very nice. I was asked just like 4 question scenarios about things that would happen while being a cashier. I was offered the position on the spot and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for the salary.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

I applied and uploaded my resume online. Got a call about two weeks later for an initial phone screening. I am as asked a few questions and the phone operator wrote down my answers. I was then scheduled for an in-store interview with the store managers. They asked similar questions. I then filled out some paperwork for the background check and was sent for a urine test. Im scheduled to begin orientation this week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe past job experiences that you feel makes you a good candidate for The Home Depot.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you worked as part of a team. What was your role on the team and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation yet.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Applied online was asked to come in for an interview a week later Asked to talk about myself and why I would like to work for Home Depot they explained about the position and was pretty easy.

No negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA (US)

very easy applied on line then had a over the phone interview after scheduled a face to face then drug test after had to wait almost two weeks to get a call to begin

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

sent an email to access the automative interview then set me up an in person interview. I was hired on the spot went through 3 interviews in one day. The. Last two interviews were repetitive of the first one just with different people. Asjed questions about guving good customer service abd being a team player.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to go over abd beyond for the company?   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very straight forward. I applied online and a few weeks later got a phone call. I answered some background checks administered by a computer. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. This interview was also very straight forward. Alot of the questions asked were similar to the ones people have posted on here. Review this site and you will do fine.