The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep 2014

2.2

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

Hiring is Pretty fast easy going questions5 questions average the manager was nice and informative, but the training process is horrible and very long alot of question for this position you have to be a quick learner

Interview Questions
  • There are'nt any difficult questions its pretty much asking you about your work experience and how do you handle tough situations. Using prior experience how has that helped you now.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Received a phone call from the Hiring Center and answered a few questions. I was then set up for an interview at my store and hired on the spot. It was really simple and there was not anything hard about it. Home Depot is desperate for people that want to work.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

originally, I applied for merchandizing position online. They called me a few days after and after a phone interview, they invited me for an actual interview at the store. I met the merchandizing team leader, cool guy, we talked for some time, he showed me what exactly merchandizing means since i didn't have experience with this type of job. Than he found out about my experience as store associate and dealing with customers. The questions were pretty common, nothing specific and nothing tricky. Remember, the main focus is customers and safety! The interview was close to an hour.

Later the same day he called me and asked me to go and apply online for cashier position and than call a different person and schedule an interview. I did that and the next day I was there for another interview with a different manager. This one was more customer service oriented and again nothing stressful or tricky, talked about my previous experience and than got scheduled for a second interview the next day. The next day I met, i think, the store manager, he was a little too serious but still nice. This is where I got offered a position and talked about salary. I was asked to go take drug test and than we were gonna talk about start day.

The questions were really pretty common for retail jobs. The focus is, as I said - customers and safety! Remember customers always come first, whatever you are doing and they come and ask for help and interrupt, you just smile and help with whatever you can. Do not ever make customer feel bad and worry about your personal problems or whatever could be stressing you at that moment. They should be getting as positive experience at the store as possible. And the other focus - safety! Learn and know the safety rules and follow them without exception!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you get frustrated with a customer?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online and got an automated call about 2 weeks later. The automated call asked different questions: are you willing to provide a service within the standards of The Home Depot, are you willing to work part time?.... Then I was transferred to someone from HR. Was asked usual questions: Tell me about a time when you solved a problem at work...were you the one in charge or part of the team, what was the outcome?. Then was given a date for the face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • In the online application I stated I could speak another language. Was asked to translate a sentence.   Answer Question

Was offered a full time position somewhere else.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

First, I applied online. I received a call over A MONTH after, to my surprise, and was interviewed over the phone, first by an machine and next by a representative, who asked me to 'Discuss a time in which I had to solve a problem or take a lead role in a position. How did you handle it?' and two other similar questions. The representative was impressed enough and set up an in-store interview for me promptly.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask many questions about situations in your previous position. If this is your first job, just discuss times involving school and extra-curriculars that you had to handle something not everyone does.   View Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centerville, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Applied online did the test, 4 days later got an email about making a phone interview. the phone interview was short 3 questions that's all. Why do you think you are suitable for this position?
    Difficult task and what was the outcome ?
    How do you go above and beyond to deliver an excellent customer service

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kapolei, HI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kapolei, HI (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got hired by asking an employ how they got hired. They said fill out app on line and call and talk to the HR manager and that is what I did. We talked a little on the phone and she set me up for an interview with her. After the interview she called about a week later and had me come in a second time to offer me a position as a cashier, not what I applied for. I took it.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was if I would except the offer she gave me. It was less than half what I used to make.   View Answer
    It was a take it or leave it. No negotiation but said I could have time to think about it.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

had phone interview. called me back for an in person interview.. asked "what would you do if..." questions. Fairly easy interview. Interviewer was very nice, laid back. I dressed business casual

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Meadville, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meadville, PA (US)

interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

I applied, they called and did a quick "screening" by asking a few easy questions such as "Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. I then scheduled an interview and attended. It was fairly easy and was expecting almost all of the questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would feel about being the last person of contact with a customer?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laguna Hills, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Applied online, got an initial automated phone call, which then transferred me to a person to ask questions. I then received the interview location and time from that person.

Went in for interview, offered me a job, I accepted, took my drug test at an outside agency. Was told they has to wait for a background check (which took about 2 weeks to get)

Interview Questions
    • Pretty simple run of the mill questions. Explain a time when you...... type of questions   Answer Question
    Nothing to negotiate.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!