The Ohio State University

Updated 27 Oct 2014
Updated 27 Oct 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Ohio State University.

It was one to two months after I applied online that I got the interview. I think there were well over 100 applicants and less than five interviewees. I was interviewed by two managers and one support staff. They were incredibly welcoming and I heard back within two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The standard: What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer
    I was too naive to negotiate. Don't be naive!

Member Service Assistant Interview

Submit your resume online and then you will receive a email from the manager to tell you fill out a survey and then they can know more about you. The interview is easy and all behavioral questions and it is a group interview.

Student Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Ohio State University.

I interviewed with Travel, Pcard and Expediting Department. It is not hard. The manager just asked me the past working experience, graduation day and the hobby. She is very kind and encourage me to talk more about myself. I really love my job. I worked in the Expediting team and have great working experience to prepare for the future full time job.

Student Grader Interview

There is no interview for this position. The only requirement is that you need to get an A in the this course that you are going to grading on, and you'd better have enough when student keep asking you same questions

Rigger/Stagehand Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Ohio State University.

My roommate was approached by Aaron Thomas and was asked if he would be interested in a job down rigging shows at the Schottenstein Center. This job opportunity was then relayed to myself where I then went in for a person interview. Here Aaron asked me a few questions about my past job experiences, did a background check, and hired me. It was a very comfortable laid back interview.

Interview Questions
    • The only one I could possibly think of would be when he asked me if I was afraid to be 100 feet in the air walking the rafters. I already knew this would be part of the job but I guess hearing it in person definitely made my stomach drop for a second.   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

many applicant the year before, must be punctual with dates. it helps to have friends / acquaintences in University Housing. I knew one of the directors. Once the initial screening happens, the group interviews come. they screen out mass amounts of people thorough watching team building events and how you lead and can play nice with a team. after group interviews are individual interviews with housing directors that liked you in the group sessions. this is the time to be punctual to the T and dressed to impress. they want personality!

Interview Questions
    • how many golf balls would it take to fill this room?   View Answer
    none

Assistant Professor Interview

I interviewed for the position four months after submitting application (cover letter, CV, research statement, teaching statement- ~15 pages in total). I received the offer a few weeks after the interview and was officially hired after negotiations after another two weeks. I started work a few months later. The entire process was about eight or nine months from the time I applied to my start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Ohio State University.

I applied online and was granted an in person interview. Everyone was extremely kind and welcoming. I sat with three of the leadership team and had a fine conversation. They asked me questions and allowed me to ask questions of them. Very friendly, much more conversational than I expected.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was their interest in my travels from my business semester abroad, which had been noted on my application. It wasn't particularly difficult, rather it caught me off guard that it would be of interest to them.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Ohio State University.

Inperson interview with the Chair of the department, another faculty member and a rep from HR. Lasted about an hour. Was offered the position three days later after they checked my references.

Did not negotiate

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

It was cool. No hard questions. To the point. work related only

Interview Questions
    • What additional non-research based responsibilites can you handle   Answer Question