Thomson Reuters Intern Interview Questions

Updated 2 Apr 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied at TR in late December 2013, received an email that said I would have had an telephone interview after one week. Questions were basically motivational / competency based (CV, team work, customer service, problem solving). The positive response happened actually a bit later than 2 weeks. Received a mail that sent me at the Assessment Centre in Canary Wharf in one week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, with maybe a week in between. Recruiters were really nice and patient. The questions were mostly personality type ones, with only a few of technical nature. The personality type questions were pretty common ones: describe a project where you had to deal with a person you disliked; did you have any recent big presentation and how did it go; describe a project where you had to use your analytical skills; how did you deal with stress in a project that didn't go very well...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

You will have a written technical and aptitude test (will also ask you to write code) as round 1.
    shortlisted folks go through a technical interview round (a serious interview, in my case it took 1 hour), will ask you to write code, basic questions are same as others.
    Then at last you'll have a HR round same as others.

Intern Interview

Interview

HR interview as a first phase, later had a quick interview with the hiring manager. It also included a quick exercise on English skills both writing and speaking.HR interview as a first phase, later had a quick interview with the hiring manager. It also included a quick exercise on English skills both writing and speaking.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, mostly based on previous experience and background   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Hiring process was simple:
    1. HR team connects with you through email with regards to openings for internship within the firm, and discusses with you about your interest
    2. If you are interested in any of the available roles, HR will set-up an interview with the hiring manager. On most occasion this would be a F2F interview. Due to personal reasons, I was interview only through the phone.
    3. Asked of some of the common competency based questions during the phone interview. Briefed about the job scope of the role.
    4. Before the end of the phone interview, was told by the hiring manager that she has decided to take me in.
    5. Formal email from the HR came soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with VBA? Give me examples of your VBA projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever. Went into the internship without knowing of my monthly salary. Eventually, I was shocked at how badly I was paid below the market rate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for a Software Engineer Intern position online, through their website. I received a phone interview from a member of their technical staff (without prior warning). The interviewer was friendly and asked questions about object-oriented programming and my background. One-two weeks later I received an invitation to come to an onsite interview. Unfortunately, I was asked to pay for my own travel and accommodation for the interview, which I couldn't afford. I had to turn down the interview invite and so I could no longer be considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe the pros and cons of multiple inheritance in C++   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

Deputy chief and chief editor interviewed me in person in their daily meeting room and the process was really smooth and enjoyable. They simply asked me several basic questions and ask my available time. They are extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• the whole name list of the Standing Committee in China   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Straight forward resume questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)).

Interview

Started at an on-campus career fair with a Thomson Reuters recruiter who referred me to the Minneapolis campus for Software Engineering internships. After submitting my resume, was contacted with a brief phone interview about past work and academic experience, no technical questions. After that, was asked to setup an all-day on-campus tour of the tech facility, at which time a more technical interview was held. The on-campus visit was held with a group of others who were also invited, but the interview was held individually. Then had to wait until all campus groups finished, then got offered a summer internship position.

Interview Questions

• In-person technical interview was among the easier that I've experienced. Was not asked to perform any on-the-spot data structures or algorithm type problem. Mostly asked simple technical programming questions. For example, if doing an SQL query using a left join, what results are returned? Or what's the difference between an interface and a abstract class?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered compensation was adequate in my opinion. Attempted to see if they'd offer any relocation or housing compensation, but they do not.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

2 interviews, one with HR and the other with the business manager of the division you expressed interest / will be assigned to

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of the different research methods there are   Answer Question