Thomson Reuters Intern Interview Questions

2.7

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2014.

Applied at TR in late December 2013, received an email that said I would have had an telephone interview after one week. Questions were basically motivational / competency based (CV, team work, customer service, problem solving). The positive response happened actually a bit later than 2 weeks. Received a mail that sent me at the Assessment Centre in Canary Wharf in one week.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Hiring process was simple:
    1. HR team connects with you through email with regards to openings for internship within the firm, and discusses with you about your interest
    2. If you are interested in any of the available roles, HR will set-up an interview with the hiring manager. On most occasion this would be a F2F interview. Due to personal reasons, I was interview only through the phone.
    3. Asked of some of the common competency based questions during the phone interview. Briefed about the job scope of the role.
    4. Before the end of the phone interview, was told by the hiring manager that she has decided to take me in.
    5. Formal email from the HR came soon afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Are you good with VBA? Give me examples of your VBA projects.   Answer Question
    No negotiation whatsoever. Went into the internship without knowing of my monthly salary. Eventually, I was shocked at how badly I was paid below the market rate.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2014.

Applied for a Software Engineer Intern position online, through their website. I received a phone interview from a member of their technical staff (without prior warning). The interviewer was friendly and asked questions about object-oriented programming and my background. One-two weeks later I received an invitation to come to an onsite interview. Unfortunately, I was asked to pay for my own travel and accommodation for the interview, which I couldn't afford. I had to turn down the interview invite and so I could no longer be considered for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the pros and cons of multiple inheritance in C++   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Deputy chief and chief editor interviewed me in person in their daily meeting room and the process was really smooth and enjoyable. They simply asked me several basic questions and ask my available time. They are extremely nice.

Interview Questions
    • the whole name list of the Standing Committee in China   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Straight forward resume questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Started at an on-campus career fair with a Thomson Reuters recruiter who referred me to the Minneapolis campus for Software Engineering internships. After submitting my resume, was contacted with a brief phone interview about past work and academic experience, no technical questions. After that, was asked to setup an all-day on-campus tour of the tech facility, at which time a more technical interview was held. The on-campus visit was held with a group of others who were also invited, but the interview was held individually. Then had to wait until all campus groups finished, then got offered a summer internship position.

Interview Questions
    • In-person technical interview was among the easier that I've experienced. Was not asked to perform any on-the-spot data structures or algorithm type problem. Mostly asked simple technical programming questions. For example, if doing an SQL query using a left join, what results are returned? Or what's the difference between an interface and a abstract class?   View Answer
    Offered compensation was adequate in my opinion. Attempted to see if they'd offer any relocation or housing compensation, but they do not.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

2 interviews, one with HR and the other with the business manager of the division you expressed interest / will be assigned to

Interview Questions
    • What are the pros and cons of the different research methods there are   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I applied online, and after about a month (during which I forgot I even applied) I got a call from HR to set up a phone interview. The woman who gave the interview was very friendly, and most of the questions were pretty straightforward and expected (walk me through your resume, etc) although there were a few curveballs. I got a call a few days later to come into the office for a second round interview with the director I might be working under. This "interview" was more of a 75 minute casual conversation, which was entirely stress-free and relaxed. I got a call with an offer the next day

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, what was the cause of the recent financial crisis? (more unexpected than difficult)   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2013.

Three phone interviews follow by a written test. The phone interviews were mainly about what you have learned as well as some math/stats/CS questions followed by questions time for the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particular was extremely difficult. Make sure you know what you have learned and a good knowledge in SQL.   Answer Question
    The intern rate is fixed. Nothing to negotiate about.

Intern Interview

On campus then second round at offices