Thomson Reuters

Updated 28 Feb 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in London, England
Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2015.

Talked with in house recruiter about past experience then given a UI task to complete that took around 2 hours.

Recruiter was efficient and helpful before test but then didn't respond after I returned the test, which is a bad sign for a company in my view. Obviously I don't expect to get most jobs I apply for but I think companies that don't respond at all show a lazy attitude.

Interview Questions
  • To implement user interface that performed various actions on a group of mock companies with certain logic rules to include as well.

Number of tasks completed and code organisation were being evaluated.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

1 round written test technical descriptive qestions c#,asp.net you should have very basic knowledge they will ask most basic qestions on C# & .net.Good company to work in.Sometimes they may ask to write program even

Interview Questions
    • 1.Advantages & disadvantages of session
       2.Dataset.copy & datset.clone
       9.Authentication & autorization
      10.Client side & server side validations

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

First it was a normal phone screening and then a technical phone interview. The call was to test your background and talk about the technologies that you have worked with in the past. Apart from that everything was very straight forward and the hiring process was very quick. After the interview there was a background check and that took a couple of days while they gathered all the information.

Software Engineer Interview

It was a referral drive around 150 people gave written among which 5 were selected. Written contains of aptitude and in technical section you have to write code of three basic programs.
    There was 2 rounds of Technical And one HR round(formal).
    The interview was completely based on JAVA.
    So, you should have a good knowledge of JAVA to crack the interview.

Interview Questions
    • As, I was not so much aware about JAVA so all questions were tough for me.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2014.

The interview is very focused on the degree courses selected with emphasis on Databases and Algorithms. I enjoyed the interview process with questions that provoked one to think. The HR folks were very responsive and helped complete all the necessary paperwork. Brush up on your database knowledge before going for the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

joint campus hiring it was. 1st round was an aptitude test which was really tough followed by technical interview, which was moderate and finally hr interview which was easy and HRs were friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Two Interviews Total. One in person with the hiring manager and the team. The second interview was with the VP of the division. The team interview was more technical and the VP interview was more of a personality fit and normal strength/weaknesses type of interview. Process moved slowly because VP had just been promoted and was still in the process of moving.

Interview Questions
    • How did you hear about Thomson Reuters and what is your impression of us. Can you explain to me what Thomson Reuters does?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, offer was exactly what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

The overall process was smooth. There were three rounds 2 technical and a managerial round. The difficulty level is average and the duration will be around 45-60 minutes per round

They will negotiate a lot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2014.

I have applied through recruiter .Process was slow but on time. It took 3 day. First round was apti and technical apti follwed by face to face and HR .

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Went through two rounds of interviews. First round was on my college campus. Questions covered basic Computer Science knowledge and then a small code challenge. After several weeks I received an invitation to visit the Eagan, MN campus for a tour and a second interview. The second round of interview were conducted by Senior / Lead Software Engineers from the campus. The questions were more about my technical background and the coursework I had studied in college. Overall not extremely challenging if you payed attention during your coursework.

Interview Questions
    • What is your preferred / favorite programming language and why?   Answer Question
    Took many weeks to receive the initial offer.