Tim Hortons Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr 2015

1.9

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

They called me and asked me to come in for an interview at the home Tim Horton's location-my boss owned three-and I wasn't waiting for long at all. She came out almost immediately to interview me, she asked me simple interview questions, at least simple enough for a fast food restaurant.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canada, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Canada, KY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

A phone call follows as a face to face interview. I went to interview, waited for almost 5 minutes for the interview. The interviewer was friendly and clearly talked to me.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? The interview asked me over 10 questions, I did not have time to take a breath. Anyway, that was a great interview experience.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I met them in a career fair and then they contacted me for an interview. The whole process is a 3 round interview. First round was behavorial and analytical testing with 3 different persons, rotational. Very unreasonable analytical questions. Very bad interviewer was in charge of analytical questions. Overall not a good experience at all

Interview Questions

• He had a key chain on the table which no-one would notice! He slides it under a folder and then at the end asked me what did I have on the table?
      Market sizing, 37 by 37!!!!

Answer Question

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Canton, MI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online last week to the tim hortons in Detroit and the Tim Hortons in Canton call me this week 03/09/15 for a interview for the following day I accepted the interview date and time which was 2:30pm. Once I got there they did not have any customers inside. It was quiet that made it perfect for me. I was about 30 mins early for the interview. So I sat in the dining area for a few minutes the cashier brought me a application to fill out as I was filling the application out the manager came out I shook her hand and thanked her for taking the time to give me the interview because it is hard trying to find a job. She understood the questions were easy common what would you do questions. She gave me the job immediately she put me on the schedule for four days start told me what to wear. For those planning a interview with tim hortons stay calm at all times. I wore a button up shirt and dress pants with heels. Alway smile. And be humble.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to Tim Hortons ?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer was complaining that they have the wrong order?   1 Answer
    • What would do if a customer came in upset?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Apply online for multiple locations, and the next morning I received a phone call from the manager for a interview on that day. The interview basically asks: why should we hire you, available time, references, why do you leave your last job, and explains his expectation and workers responsibilities. He said he would let me know in three days, still, I worried that I won't get the job.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you, available time, references, why do you leave your last job,   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

I applied online, got a call that night for an interview. The manager was super nice. No hard questions at all only some basic behaviour questions. is there any related experience. She then explained the job and the company. Hired me on the spot.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Chatham, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly. In the first interview we talked over coffee and traded stories. There were a lot of questions asked through the online application, and I think we reviewed a few of those. I thought I was applying to a full time position, but the online job description didn't make that clear and it turned out the position was for peak hours and part time with the potential to go to full time based on the store's success. The second interview was short, I was pretty sure they had decided to extend the offer at the end of the first interview. Maybe that is the reason for a three question second interview - it also could have possibly a training exercise for an assistant manager since there were two people in attendance and I was interviewed by a different person.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly "What would you do if.." questions. What would you do if a customer was upset after spilling his or her drink? How would you handle a customer who comes in and clearly hasn't been having a good day?   1 Answer

In this case, I was looking for work that would either be full time or that would line up reasonably well with the hours I already had covered for child care. Since this position was part time and help was needed on days where I was without care it would cost me more in time and effort to accept the position than it was worth. Minimum wage is not enough when about three quarters of what you make goes to pay for care.

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Why do you want to work here? What are your greatest weaknesses/strengths, what would you do if there was an angry customer, explain a Tims you were under pressure how did you handle it? Why should we hire you? Tell me something about yourself? Are you in school?

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online for one store, was called two days later from a woman at a different location. I got an interview for the beginning of next week. They basically wanted me because of my availability and previous work experience. The position was for night shifts.

Storefront Employee Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

Interview questions are quite basic. Simple behavioural and situational questions. Ex. What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing $5? %50? It is quite easy to determine what answers they are looking for.