Tim Hortons

Updated 20 Feb 2015
Updated 20 Feb 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

I applied online, got a call that night for an interview. The manager was super nice. No hard questions at all only some basic behaviour questions. is there any related experience. She then explained the job and the company. Hired me on the spot.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Chatham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2015.

The interviewer was friendly. In the first interview we talked over coffee and traded stories. There were a lot of questions asked through the online application, and I think we reviewed a few of those. I thought I was applying to a full time position, but the online job description didn't make that clear and it turned out the position was for peak hours and part time with the potential to go to full time based on the store's success. The second interview was short, I was pretty sure they had decided to extend the offer at the end of the first interview. Maybe that is the reason for a three question second interview - it also could have possibly a training exercise for an assistant manager since there were two people in attendance and I was interviewed by a different person.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly "What would you do if.." questions. What would you do if a customer was upset after spilling his or her drink? How would you handle a customer who comes in and clearly hasn't been having a good day?   Answer Question

In this case, I was looking for work that would either be full time or that would line up reasonably well with the hours I already had covered for child care. Since this position was part time and help was needed on days where I was without care it would cost me more in time and effort to accept the position than it was worth. Minimum wage is not enough when about three quarters of what you make goes to pay for care.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2015.

Applied online for one store, was called two days later from a woman at a different location. I got an interview for the beginning of next week. They basically wanted me because of my availability and previous work experience. The position was for night shifts.

Storefront Employee Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview questions are quite basic. Simple behavioural and situational questions. Ex. What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing $5? %50? It is quite easy to determine what answers they are looking for.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Tim Hortons in December 2014.

I applied online, got a call that night for an interview. I didn't pick up so I called back the next morning and scheduled an interview for the next day. Went to the interview, the manager was super nice and very laid back. No hard questions at all. I got asked a couple behaviour questions, like what would I do if someone spilt coffee on themselves. She then explained the job and the company. Hired me on the spot. Went in the next day to do a sign up and then orientation was the day after.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone split coffee on themselves in the restaurant?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

The employer asked very straight forward questions, none that were opinion-based. The employer was mainly concerned with when I can start and my availability. He also provided some background history of Tim Hortons. And told me what my responsibilities would be once I start working.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

I applied online, got a call for job interview at the same day. The interview was appointed the next day p.m. The length of interview didn't last more than 10 minutes. The assistant manager didn't even have a look at my resume. I guess they are really in short of people. No hard questions, very simple and casual talk. The manager was nice to me. First, he explained the hours and wages and asked if I was ok with it. And he asked why I chose to work for Tim's, and if I would be able to work under pressure. Another question is how long can I work in Tim's. I speak frank to him that I don't have experience of customer service, which is, however, valued for my future work plan. I told him I wanted to gain such experience at Timmy's. Then he asked my work flexibility. After I said I lived in walking distance from the restaurant, he seemed to be pleased. At the end of interview, I was told to be reached soon. Later in the evening, he called and offered me the job which would start in two days.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Why us? Can you work under pressure? How long will I stay at here?   Answer Question
    no negotiation, start at min wage

Overnight Baking Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

The interview was scheduled at 2pm, I arrived early and waited as the owner finished interviewing someone else. It sounded like she got the job. The owner asked my name and told me that she had two other interviews to do before me, I'd arrived early, but not THAT early! The interview was more her telling me about the job and hours than an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • That there were no actual questions, other that when I would be available to start.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Min wage

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2014.

I applied online and within a few days I received a call. The manager was nice and it didn't really feel like an interview at all. The questions were simple and easy to answer. The interview was in the store and everyone who applied had to fill out an application on everything. Overall, great experience.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2014.

I applied at snagajob.com and last Thursday I was then called, and I was invited in for an interview on Saturday the 27th. However I received word from a different job i applied to, and I was hired. I then called Tim Hortons to explain the situation, and to cancel my interview. When I called on the 25th, I was rudely told that I had missed my interview, and that he was not interested in talking to me. I proceeded to tell him that my interview was scheduled for the 27th, and that I had not in fact, "missed it". Then I told him that I had been hired somewhere else, and he said "Good, goodbye". I am quite glad that I was not hired by someone who has such a lack of common courtesy. I had received no e-mail confirmation of the interview, and the whole process was very unprofessional. I would advise anyone who is considering applying for a job here, to go to Dunkin Donuts.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions of the phone interview were difficult, but I was taken aback by the rudeness of the management.   Answer Question

I found a better job, with better pay, and a more courteous and professional management.