Time Warner Interview Questions

Updated 21 Mar 2015

2.8

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Met with 5 or 6 managers, one after another. Most seemed very invested in the process. Asked focused and relevant questions. HR had provided me with a schedule, and we adhered to it pretty well throughout the day. Had lunch out, and that was an interview, too. So essentially there was no break in the day. But that was fine with me; the process made good use of the full day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

accepted offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Time Warner.

Interview

It took a whole year of applying just to score an interview with this company. Finally a senior recruiter contacted me in September of 2014 to set up an interview . He was very friendly and did a 15 minute phone interview to get to know me. Fast forward now to the interview in Manhattan. I arrived at the store on time. The manager was in and they had me waiting almost an hour. The interview was very uncomfortable and weird. The manager did a small role play of me trying to sell her cable and was being difficult. She then proceeded to ask about customer service. It was the weirdest part of the interview I have ever took part in my life. I knew I should have professionally ended the interview myself right then and there and told her to get rid of my application. There was one other applicant when i left and I should have told him congratulations he probably got the job. Customer service is customer service nonetheless and this woman made me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• "Sell me a cable package", "What kind of customer service do you have(made zero sense at all)"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with human resources as an initial screening process. She then forwarded my resume to the director of the Media Lab. Entire process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavior- what type of marketing/customer service related experiences do I have. Others were more knowledge based regarding the Media Lab itself. There weren't really any curveballs.   Answer Question

Digital Analytics Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed with HR and then the VP. Pretty straightforward.

TWCAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through the TW website - process took about a month

As far as the intern hiring process goes, it's a two step process. If you are selected, initial contact is made by an HR Rep through email to set up interview.

First Interview: Is a 30 min phone interview. Behavioral for the most part. Walk me through your resume, leadership activities, any prior work experiences.

Why you want to work in media? Why Time Warner? They're just trying to get a gauge of you as a person and whether you're the right fit for the company.

Second Interview: Also a 30 min phone interview with the department hiring manager. Behavioral for the most part, but can get technical depending on experience and department you're applying for.

So there you have it....two rounds of behavioral phone interviews 30mins a piece.

Interview Questions

• Just standard behavioral questions...nothing too difficult per se.

All I will say is, know yourself and your resume. If you try to lie or fabricate something they'll see right through it. Just be yourself and if you can make your personality stand out, you should be good. Media companies look to hire fun interesting people who they can work with for 8-10 hours a day.

Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me more than I thought I would get...so no need to negotiate.

But its still a set salary...so take it or leave it.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in September 2013.

Interview

Very friendly interviews. Had first round with a manager in the group followed by several with other managers/directors followed by a lunch with what would be my peers. Mostly the interview was a description of what I've done with work/school and where my interests lie. Also touched on why Time Warner and what I can bring to the table that others might not.

Interview Questions

• Not much in the way of unexpected questions. Had the typical "hard to answer" one of what is your greatest weakness but had practiced what I would say in that instance and came away feeling great about it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time Warner in November 2012.

Interview

Was called by company HR and There were 5 rounds namely:
    1. Aptitude Test
    2. Technical Written Test
    3. Technical Interview
    4. HR Interview
    5. Stakeholders Interview

It was a simple procedure. Mostly all the rounds were conducted on first day except the stakeholders interview. It took about 10 days to get some time off their calendar.

Negotiation

No negotiations were made, I got the salary I asked for.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

The company is very cordial , the interview normally take a while as things are dependent on US managers. the hiring process was simple.
    they keep you in the dark though for a long period of time so you need to keep other options open

Interview Questions

• I didnt find any, but thats for my role I wouldnt know about the others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Company pays well, but a little negotiations wont hurt.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Process began with a 30 minute phone screen with HR. Got a call the next week to schedule the in person interview with the group. Had a full day of interviews with 4 team members -Managers -Director.

Interview question consisted of some technical questions and then behavioral questions:

Walk me through your resume and highlight the relevant areas that should be brought to my attention as it pertains to the job description
    Have you created an audit work program from scratch and what did that entail
    How did you deal with conflict with clients and with your team
    Why are you interested in our company and why do you want to leave yours
    Why do you think that you will be a good fit here
    Describe a time that you had a set back at work and how did you overcome it
    What will you differently if you have those same issues now that you have the benefit of hindsight

Interview Questions

• walk me through the process of conducting a risk assessment as well as planning an audit from start to completion   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us and also leave your firm   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, was told there was no room for negotiation, however before formal offer was given, HR requested to know what range i was looking for. The low end of the range was offered....however important to note that a request for current salary was not made

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Time Warner in November 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview and questionaire. The interview was easy.I met with 5 people asking me personality questions then they made the decision to hire me..Took a drug test and background screen.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about sales.   1 Answer