Timken

Relevance Date Difficulty

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

Canton, OH (US)

Interviewed at Timken

Interview Details Three interviews in row and each was 1 hour. They have different people talk to you about the job and finally you have to face three people for panel interview. The questions from panel interview were nothing but the most common behavior questions.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation that you have a deadline and what u do to deal with it   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Manchester, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details The on-site HR (OA as they like to say) people are really hard to get in touch with. It takes many people multiple phone calls/emails to get an interview even if you are being recommended by a current employee. Generally you start with a phone interview, then take an online test. After that you generally have a panel interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual, all the questions were pretty generic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Pretty much take it or leave it.

Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details Very Stringent. Starts with a phone interview. Then a panel interview with various people from management. More concerned with values than skills.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything super difficult, just different than I was used to.   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

University Park, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Timken in February 2014.

Interview Details Came to my school career fair, was offered an interview the next day and told I would receive an answer in a few weeks

Interview Question – They were all straight-foward, very standard questions. Greatest strength/weakness   Answer Question

Global Engineering Systems Intern Interview

North Canton, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Timken in April 2012.

Interview Details Intern recruiter called me middle of the week to ask a couple screening questions (availability, checking information on resume etc.) The recruiter set up an phone interview for that Friday. Half hour interview on the phone with the hiring manager about my experience and asking me if I was interested in what he had in mind for the summer. Got a call back Monday from the recruiter to offer me a job. Since I was out of town they also offered a relocation bonus to live at the local university.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not very negotiable, they are VERY competitive plus offer the relocation bonus to cover living or to cover transportation for people outside of a 30 mile radius. There are also great intern activities and free lunches and you get a raise if you return the following year

Manager Business Economics & Supply Chain Interview

Altavista, VA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details All applications handled through the Virginia Employment Commission. Testing was difficult but realistic. Interview was with a team of associates and managers and was quite extensive.

Interview Question – Asked about conflict resolution between two associates. How would I handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

SBA - Steel Business Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Timken in October 2013.

Interview Details Very straightforward and great. The staff we're beyond accommodating. I was interviewed on campus, several weeks later contacted and offered an onsite interview and trip to Akron, OH, the headquarters of Timken. I was formally offered a position a week after the onsite interview. The relocation, offer and salary were competitive, with great benefits.

Interview Question – General processing and manufacturing knowledge of steel is always a benefit. Experiences from these scenarios are even better.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details 1st round telephonic and 2nd round face to face.

Interview Question – Everything was easy :)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

Interviewed at Timken

Interview Details Phone, then panel of three, then hiring manager

Interview Question – Tell us about a project you contributed to significantly that failed?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Canton, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details phone interview took 45 minutes. general questions only.

Interview Question – why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Timken

Worked for Timken? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Timken interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Timken employees and interview candidates.