Timken Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2014
Updated 27 Sep 2014

2.8

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Timken.

I talked to Timken's HR during campus career fair. The trick to get their interview is doing company research. As long as you knows what this company is working on and what their products are. You are probably gonna be scheduled an interview immediately.

Interview Questions
    • there is no tricky question for the first round interview. they are all general behavior questions   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Timken in September 2014.

I came into contact with Timken via a university recruiting event. They seemed very friendly and it seemed to me that they loved both the company TimKen and the area of North Canton, OH.
    The interview consisted of some behavioral questions about how you manage tasks and how you work in a team.
    The part i liked best was when they asked me to describe my dream job. They said to describe what it looked like what the people might be like and so forth. It was a good interview because they had me talking and my hopes in a career instead of the interviewer talking the whole time. They also said that Timken is an honest and well respected company and that they understand work life balance for their employees.

Interview Questions
    • They asked how I went about my work when I had several tasks to complete. I know this is a common interview question but it is difficult for me to come up with a meaningful answer to it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

very easy had two rounds, one technical and one manger round with HR. Manager Round was little tricky.
    In Technical Interview they have asked very basic questions and more syntax related questions and day to day work related questions.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Timken.

first a phone interview
    second a face to face interview with the hiring manager after app 2 weeks, quite a friendly manager I may say, too bad he left in the meantime
    in 3 weeks the offer - take it or leave it

take it or leave it

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)

Three interviews in row and each was 1 hour. They have different people talk to you about the job and finally you have to face three people for panel interview. The questions from panel interview were nothing but the most common behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation that you have a deadline and what u do to deal with it   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Timken.

The on-site HR (OA as they like to say) people are really hard to get in touch with. It takes many people multiple phone calls/emails to get an interview even if you are being recommended by a current employee. Generally you start with a phone interview, then take an online test. After that you generally have a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual, all the questions were pretty generic   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Pretty much take it or leave it.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

Very Stringent. Starts with a phone interview. Then a panel interview with various people from management. More concerned with values than skills.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything super difficult, just different than I was used to.   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  University Park, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Timken in February 2014.

Came to my school career fair, was offered an interview the next day and told I would receive an answer in a few weeks

Interview Questions
    • They were all straight-foward, very standard questions. Greatest strength/weakness   Answer Question

Manager Business Economics & Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Altavista, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altavista, VA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a year or more - interviewed at Timken.

All applications handled through the Virginia Employment Commission. Testing was difficult but realistic. Interview was with a team of associates and managers and was quite extensive.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about conflict resolution between two associates. How would I handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

1st round telephonic and 2nd round face to face.

Interview Questions

Worked for Timken? Contribute to the Community!