Total Wine & More

Updated 26 Sep 2014

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Wine Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Total Wine & More.

Hiring takes a very long time so don't be discouraged. There is an interview with standard questions.There will be a written wine test. There is a personality test, drug test, and wine test. I felt like these tests didn't take place until they got the go ahead to hire. Then, as long as these tests are passed you will be hired. I felt like they wouldn't of bothered with testing if the interview didn't go well.

Interview Questions
  • Very standard questions. Know how to answer things like 1. Tell me about a difficult position you've had at work...   Answer Question
Get your initial offer as high as you can (be steadfast) because after that raises happen yearly but are miniscule.

Other Interview Reviews for Total Wine & More

Wine Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview process is normal, they look for people with great personailty and sales, customer service and cash handling experience. if interested you are hired then sent for a drug test. Then you come back between 2-10 days for orientation.

None and you are not told the salary when hired. You have to ask!

Wine Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More.

You will be required to take a test to determine your wine knowledge. However, if you don't have the knowledge, it's ok. You will learn about wine as you continue on your career path. You need to be available and flexible, when it comes to scheduling. There will be a drug test and a personality test.

Wine Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Total Wine & More in September 2012.

It was very rigorous, which is good. I like that they screen candidates thoroughly. I dont want to be working with someone who does drugs, or is a criminal.

Interview Questions
    • all the questions that they asked me where very straight forward. very simple.   Answer Question

Wine Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Total Wine & More in May 2011.

I was interviewed by two people and filled out a test.

Wine Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Total Wine & More in February 2011.

Applied online. Received telephone call to set up appointment. Interviewed 15 minutes. Given a "wine-exam" to measure my knowledge. Asked about my availability. Given a form for a drug test. Took drug test. Passed drug test. Received call within 2 hours of passing drug test to set up start date.

Interview Questions
    NO negotiations, I asked for a dollar amount, was told only supervisors got that amount and that all supervisor positions were full. I accepted pay cut to go with the company b/c of its reputation.

Wine Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More in October 2008.

I filled out an application after speaking with the store manager about the awesome career opportunities at Total Wine. I was interviewed by another manager, and I took a wine knowledge test as well, which was quite a bit harder than I expected.. make sure you study the wine guide first. The interview was pretty standard- why I wanted the job, etc. Nothing too exciting. I was sent to a drug test on the first day I was scheduled to work.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part was the wine test.. I don't think I did very well, and I ended up as a cashier. Study their wine guide!!   Answer Question