Towers Watson

Average Difficulty
31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details Telephone interview at Towers Watson.
I was asked three competency questions and a few motivation questions.

The competency questions were asking for examples of when I have worked in a team/ dealt with conflict, and when I have built a relationship with a colleague.

The motivation questions were why Actuarial and why Towers Watson.

The interviewer tried to make me feel at ease and the interview was relatively straightforward.

I was given no feedback on my application.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you have had to build a relationship with a colleague.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details Phone interview with normal HR question. Not very hard but I am not sure where I made mistake so I am not able to get into the next step. HR was pretty nice.

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Towers Watson in March 2011.

Interview Details Tower Watson Actuarial Analyst - Chicago IL
Interview was very straightforward and easy. Three fourths of a full day, though some ended early. Not many brain teasers and more of a personality fit.

Interview Question – Didn't really get asked a difficult question   Answer Question

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed on campus.

Interview Details – Pretty basic. Interview questions themselves were relatively straight forward. It was more informing me as to what the job is and what my responsibilities would be. There was a curve ball though. A logic test was given. The questions themselves weren't too difficult, but in the moment it got my nerves going. Didn't do too well on it.

Interview Question – When running Monte Carlo type simulations in situations where you're only interested in tail outcomes, do you know of a way to only simulate those outcomes, so that you can come up with more reliable answers in fewer simulations?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details On campus interview. The interview process is positive. The questions are behavioral. You just need to be familiar with your resume.

Interview Question – What have you learn from your internship?
Do you know something about retirement issues (how is it consistent with company's trend )?
  Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Towers Watson in December 2013.

Interview Details I had an on campus interview and was invited to an on-site in the following month. The whole interview process was very relaxing. All the recruiters seemed very chilled and friendly. The on-site interview lasted about 4-5 hours with 4 different people. Two younger employers took us out for lunch which was really nice. We spent most of our time getting to know each other rather than assessing my abilities. I really liked the climate there and I think they liked my personality as well. I was given an offer about a month later.

Interview Question – All the questions were behavioral. They asked about my computer skills a lot but did not have any technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First job..didn't negotiate

Actuarial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

Interview Details Two rounds. First round consisted of 4 interviews of 30 minutes each followed by a lunch interview. 1 technical interview, the rest was behavior and personality-based. Two weeks later I was called back for a second round of interviews, one with a senior actuary and one with a senior consultant.

The interviews were alright. You had to be very quick on your feet and have a wealth of experiences to draw from (leadership, education, community work) and know the company very well. I prepped before hand for about a week, so I didn't have an issue, but I can see where interviewers may have a rough time. Everyone is extremely friendly and wants to get to know you more than anything else.

Still, everyone was so friendly, helpful, and encouraging and that's ultimately what made the decision to accept the offer easy for me. Other things to note were that even though the interview process was long and I wasn't given answers when I said I would be (the company is extremely busy), I was kept in the loop every step of the way, which was very nice.

Interview Question – Questions weren't really difficult. "What do you know about us?" (Beyond merely reading the website!!), describe excel experiences, what is going on in the health sector on the advent of health care reform. They also ask personal questions about your resume, so make sure it is free of any error.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because the package was very nice.

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details Received an email asking me to set an appointment for a half hour phone interview with a HR rep. This was the first phone interview. Did well and another phone interview was set up with a consultant from the office I was applying for. Did well on that interview and was asked to come in for an onsite interview. The onsite consisted of interviews with various senior actuarial consultants and lunch with some peers. Overall an interesting experience and everyone was nice and friendly. Interview process seemed a lot more casual than most companies. Never been on an interview where the company bought lunch. Very nice touch.

Interview Question – Tell me why I should hire you.   View Answer

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details Contacted by the HR team in Singapore (regional headquarter) and scheduled for online test (verbal and numerical). If passed these test, phone interview will be conducted by the regional HR. If passed the phone interview, face-to-face interview will be conducted by the user (local company LOB leader or consultants) with another written tests (logical) to do

Interview Question – questions about expected salary   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details Two rounds of basic behavioral questions based on your resume and classic interview questions like why did you apply for ABC. Nothing tricky.

Interview Question – Why did you switch to actuarial science   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for Towers Watson? Contribute to the Community!