Towers Watson Actuarial Intern Interview Questions

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Towers Watson in February 2013.

I only did a phone interview so far. The questions are the usual competency based ones. I.e. name a situation where you were innovative and state the result. Talk about a long-term relationship you maintained. What are the most important factors for you in terms of maintaining a long-term relationship. Why did you apply for this particular department at Towers Watson. Why did you apply to our firm etc etc.

Interview Questions
  • Name a situation, where you were under pressure with a team, and describe how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Towers Watson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson in March 2012.

After the application submission and Tests, I got an phone behavioral interview. Received an on site invitation a few days later. The assessment center has four parts, and lasts for a whole day.

Actuary Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

on campus interview. Then in-office interview. The in-office interview is very nice. You get to see the office you will be working at and the people you will work with. You then have a number of interview with senior consultants. Most of the interviews were a great opportunity to get to know your future bosses.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Two rounds. First round was an on-campus university interview with a senior associate. Second round was an on-site interview involving a meal with the analysts, office tour, and multiple half-hour interviews. Mostly behavioral and situational questions, they want to see that you can communicate well in addition to having the technical skills on paper.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

People very friendly. They put you in a room and rotate people that come in and interview you. Take you out for a nice lunch afterward where two new hires have a chat with you.

Interview Questions
    • None of their questions were exceptionally challenging. Its all behavioral   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate as an intern

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson in September 2013.

I met the recruiters at college career fair. After looking at my resume, they set up an appointment to interview me on the next day. The interview was pretty basic and those interview questions were not tough. I sent an email to follow up after the interview but i did not receive any offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you present the insurance product to someone who doesn't have insurance knowledge?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview began around 9AM and ended around 2PM.
    Not too technical but should prepare for general knowledge on the actuarial field.
    Had an amazing experience and enjoyed talking and having lunch with everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Three reasons why you are different from others. The reasons have to be very unique and persuasive.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Applied for the position online after meeting with representatives at a career fair. Received a call from a recruiter about two months later to setup a phone interview with HR. Phone was a few days later had standard questions, mostly reviewing my resume. I received notification of being called for an onsite interview. I was flown to the Cleveland branch office where I met with six individuals, all somewhere in the actuary track. The first four were primarily behavioral with standard interview questions (i.e. how do you solve a problem with a group member etc.). The day ended with a two on one lunch interview, relaxed and casual.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you failed at something and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Accepted a position elsewhere

Actuarial Intern Interview

Very good process. The interview was very relaxed. There was a first round phone interview and then a super day in the office. Met with several members of the team and then went out to lunch. Four interviews total.

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Dropped resume on career center website, and was contacted several days later to schedule an on campus interview. Standard behavioral interview with questions about past experiences, resume, etc...About 45 minutes long, pretty straightforward. It was my first interview, so I was extremely nervous, even though the interviewer was extremely nice.