Towers Watson

3.1

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson in October 2014.

Filled out application form and was contacted within a week for a telephone interview. Interview process was pretty straight forward. I was interviewed by an associate in the Actuarial Department. She guided the it pretty well and it was more of a two sided conversation than one sided and I felt completely at ease. Basic competency question and then the usual why Towers Watson and why this division.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you formed a relationship over a period of time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Towers Watson

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

They came to my career fair and I first spoke with them there. From there, I met them again at a mock interview session they held. I was invited to an on campus interview, which was one on one. I never heard from them afterwards, but those who got it did the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Need to know whether you want to do HGB or Retirement and have an answer for why   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

First round of fit questions. Walk us through your resume type questions. Then meet with 4-5 people at company and answer similar questions + why you want to work here, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time where you had to explain a complex problem and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • When is a time you worked in a group and what was your role? How did you decide? Did you deal with a difficult group member? How? Etc...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

I was reached out by someone in Human Resources who wanted to screen me for the interview. She asked me about my past experiences and how each experience related to the position. A few weeks later, I went in for a skills assessment which was based on communicating with clients and organizing and presenting material. The next phase, which was a few days later was to interview with four employee within the departments. The questions were all behavioral question based on time management and organizational skills.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

Applied through on campus recruiting. Scheduled interview on campus. 2 interviewers, mostly basic behavioral questions. Why do you want to be an actuary? Describe what an actuary does in your own words. Why consulting vs. insurance? Progress with actuarial exams and future plans for actuarial exams. What was a time you had to compromise, etc.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Full day (6 Interviews) interviewing process with computer assessment. All staff was incredibly friendly

Interview Questions
    • What would I contribute that no other candidate had to offer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Thorough selection process - kind interviewers.

Telephone interview was as predicted but questions overlapped with the application contents.

The call back after the telephone interview was disappointing. It was arranged by someone in a different branch. The interview information given on the phone was vague but detailed information was promised in the confirmation email - which arrived 2-3 days later after I called the office about it a day before the interview.

The face to face interview was relatively informal. Comforting atmosphere but the questions seemed to be improvised (something I didn't expect).

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging part about settling in at school?   Answer Question

Phone Interview
    A few motivational questions
    - Why Towers Watson, plans for future, why consultancy etc.
    A few competency questions
    - Teamworking, improving a process, etc.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Towers Watson.

The recruitment officer was very friendly. Telephone interview was mainly about why you applied for the role and why TW

Interview Questions
    Preparing for final interview...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

interviewed at Towers Watson in October 2012.

Applied via university career website, then received an interview on campus. The interview process was smooth, and I had a great time talking to an ex-intern-now-full-time employee. However, here would be some more room for improvements. Besides on having a conversation going, there would be better to drive each session by specific topics. I like the working environment at Towers Watson, so I wished the interviewer would bring that atmosphere, or more likely the spirit, into the conversation. I believed that an interview should be each party mutually presenting their interests and working on the subject with efforts of both.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with your free time?   View Answer