Transocean

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Transocean.

Interview Details Got selected through campus interview.
Initial shortlisting based on CVs. Then a group activity in which the applicants were divided into groups of 6-7 and some materials were given which had to be constructed into a required structure. There were two teams making 1 structure, and 3 structures in totality. In the end a member from each team had to give a presentation about their model.
Further shortlisting was done for PI. The interview went pretty smooth and proceeded wherever I steered it. They like it when you are in control.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Conditions were prefixed.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter

Interviewed at Transocean

Interview Details Interviewed with 4 different people, including HR. Very standard interview process, nothing too unusual and very professional. They made an accommodation to my schedule and interviewed me before I started my job so I wouldn't miss any work. I was pleased with the interview.

ART Subsea Interview

ART Subsea

Interviewed at Transocean

Interview Details Phone interview followed by written test -very basic math and English questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Third Engineer Interview

Third Engineer
Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed at Transocean in April 2012.

Interview Details The process was very straight forward through my school. Though it was very selective. fifty applicants, out of the fifty only fourteen got iterviews, out of the fourteen interviewers only 3 got jobs, I was one of the three

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Transocean in December 2011.

Interview Details I was head-hunted by a Senior Supply Chain Manager through Linkedin. The first interview was conducted via telephone with the Senior Supply Chain Manager and Project Director. The tele-conference lasted an hour, with me giving an introduction of myself and past experiences. A second interview ensued shortly with the same interviewers in person. I was quizzed on some technical aspects of the job.

Interview Question – The Project Director assumed I had a master degree.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were very keen to hire me after the interviews and met my expected pay package. They did not even bother to ask how much I was paid in my previous employments.

ART Program Interview

ART Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Transocean in June 2011.

Interview Details The interview started with one of the company's offshore(not very sure of his job title, but definitely not HR person) who immediately got me into the swing boat of the company; drilling me to know how seriously i had taken the safety induction that visitors are given upon entering the office premises. After that initial "company welcome" to remind me of the company's emphasis on safety, we then got to the real interview that sought to know my aptitude in general and my personality especially my response or judgment to situations.<not all but hope u dont mind my barely touchy detailing>.
I also had an opportunity to meet with an OIM who also did his share of the quizzing.
Luckily i managed to progress to the next selection stage. e of his job title, but definitely not HR person) who immediately got me into the swing boat of the company; drilling me to know how seriously i had taken the safety induction that visitors are given upon entering the office premises. After that initial "company welcome" to remind me of the company's emphasis on safety, we then got to the real interview that sought to know my aptitude in general and my personality especially my response or judgment to situations.<not all but hope u dont mind my barely touchy detailing>.
Luckily i managed to progress to the next selection stage.

Interview Question – What do you know about Transocean, and how did you hear about the company and the ART program.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

The process took a day - interviewed at Transocean in October 2010.

Interview Details 1 interview, had hired on through an agency, and they needed a temp worker for a couple of months. After my temp time was up they offered me a full time job in another department. The people that work here are amazing, everyone has each other's back and it really has a family type feel to it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not try to negotiate, I would suggest at least giving it a try.

Wells Engineer Interview

Wells Engineer
Houston, TX (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Transocean in October 2008.

Interview Details Was not direct with questions

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Transocean in June 2009.

Interview Details Interview process was simple

Interview Question – Provide details regarding previous employment   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was simple

Worked for Transocean? Contribute to the Community!